Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benjaminfoden

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2013
Still stuck on Processing here. Ordered on Jan 30th.

ETA is still between 8-21 March, but I have been without computer for a month now, which is kind of messing things up with my freelancing.

Not happy, Apple. Not happy at all.

They gave you estimated delivery dates which are still more than 3 weeks away (in terms of the end of the period), thus you being without a computer is something you must have done consciously when agreeing to wait.

I do however pass you sympathy, as it seems that all those who have ordered iMacs and reside in America have been getting some prioritised shipping with units now ordered on 9th February (2 days after I placed my order) having shipped. Mine is still stuck on Processing items, although I do hope it ships sooner rather than later...

----------

Ordered 30th of January, delivered yesterday!

This is the result:

In case you like the desk, it's ikea :)

I need a new desk, and I like the look of the iMac on that one... Ikea may have another customer in the pipeline :)

Bolteh

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2007
They gave you estimated delivery dates which are still more than 3 weeks away (in terms of the end of the period), thus you being without a computer is something you must have done consciously when agreeing to wait.

I wasn't planning on getting a new iMac, but my old iMac's videocard decided its time was come: lines and dots, screen tearing and big green squares when working in After Effects or Premiere.

The first day it happened I knew I had to get a new iMac (as in my opinion it's not worth sending in a 3.5 year old computer for an expensive repair), so I ordered a new iMac.

2 days later the old Mac couldn't even boot into OSX anymore without making a jumbled mess on the screen. So ever since I have been without a computer.

Additionally, my initial order (on Jan 30th) indicated a 3-4 week ETA. It was expected to arrive here between 21-28 February (a date I communicated with my clients). But halfway January the dates jumped up to 11-23 March. Then a week later slightly lower to 8-21 March. Ever since the dates haven't been moving, my order is still "Processing" and I see orders from days and even weeks after mine get shipped.

This entire situation is at least 43 different kinds of ****ed up and not something you'd expect from a top company like Apple (and in the meantime I'm $2k short with nothing to show for it).

benjaminfoden

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2013
I wasn't planning on getting a new iMac, but my old iMac's videocard decided its time was come: lines and dots, screen tearing and big green squares when working in After Effects or Premiere.

The first day it happened I knew I had to get a new iMac (as in my opinion it's not worth sending in a 3.5 year old computer for an expensive repair), so I ordered a new iMac.

2 days later the old Mac couldn't even boot into OSX anymore without making a jumbled mess on the screen. So ever since I have been without a computer.

Additionally, my initial order (on Jan 30th) indicated a 3-4 week ETA. It was expected to arrive here between 21-28 February (a date I communicated with my clients). But halfway January the dates jumped up to 11-23 March. Then a week later slightly lower to 8-21 March. Ever since the dates haven't been moving, my order is still "Processing" and I see orders from days and even weeks after mine get shipped.

This entire situation is at least 43 different kinds of ****ed up and not something you'd expect from a top company like Apple (and in the meantime I'm $2k short with nothing to show for it).

Ok, sorry - you didn't make that clear in your original post.

If it makes you feel better, Apple cancelled my original order (placed 25th January) and I didn't realise until 7th February (so reordered). My delivery dates have been jumping around as well, and I have started to see orders placed 2 days after mine get shipped however I am still stuck ("Processing Items", as it has been for nearly 3 weeks) with probably another two weeks to wait. I think I speak for both of us when I say that the wait better be worth the hype... However, on another note I am now becoming rather sick of waiting and starting to see that Apple's QC is slipping somewhat with these machines.

I hope you get your mac soon, and that you don't take too much of a hit for it.

Killeroy

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2013
Mt. Holly NJ
Ordered 27" IMac Feb 16 Est. Delivery Mar 19 - 26

I ordered the 27"

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5

MAGIC MOUSE+MAGIC TRACKPAD
Apple Num Kybd(Eng)+User's Gd

Can't wait : )

Bolteh

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2007
I ordered the 27"

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5

MAGIC MOUSE+MAGIC TRACKPAD
Apple Num Kybd(Eng)+User's Gd

Can't wait : )

Trust me. You will wait. Oh such waiting you will do,

Shpenza

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
Barcelona
Hi All,

Yeah, lately the orders are really getting wired, my 29th Jan order was shipped out directly from ireland to Spain, shipped on the 25th (originaly estimated 25th Feb to 4th March), and will arrive on the 1st (as told by UPS).
The shipped note didnt changed untill the 23rd of Feb, which is strange if its coming from ireland, why such a delay?
So it seems that some of them dont come straight from china anymore :S i hope its not an old 2005 mac they had stored there :D

All of you that are still holing on, keep up the spirit: "if you build it, they will come" :cool:

kendall69

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2011
27" 3.4

Walked in asked the Apple store if they had any 27 Imacs in, He said yes, he had a 27" 3.4 with 1T Fusion drive. I added additional memory handed him my credit card and 15 minutes later I was on my way with a BLAZING FAST ROCKET.

I suggest you try your local Apple Store, sure beats waiting 4 weeks

Lee2011

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2011
Wales UK
Mine will be here tomorrow can't wait but I'm a bit gutted i went with the standard 1TB drive and not the fusion should i send it back???

Jimmy.apple.fan

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2013
UK
Walked in asked the Apple store if they had any 27 Imacs in, He said yes, he had a 27" 3.4 with 1T Fusion drive. I added additional memory handed him my credit card and 15 minutes later I was on my way with a BLAZING FAST ROCKET.

I suggest you try your local Apple Store, sure beats waiting 4 weeks

Where was this? Have tried two london shops & both state they have nothing!

ApplesAOranges

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2011
I would love to but its out of my price range, do you think i need the fusion I only browse and play a few games now and then

Of course you don´t need it, but if you can handle the slowness, you don´t have to go SSD.

SSD brings snappiness to your computer more than a CPU or RAM bumps.

joesegh

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
So I got my new 27" on Wednesday last week, used it for a few hours (mainly loading my Time Machine backup and updating software), went away for the weekend, and then on Monday morning it completely froze and now won't even show a gray screen when I boot it up.

Apple is calling it DOA. On the road again for work, getting it picked up by USPS on Friday for an RMA.

Now I have to wait...again. Damn it.

The Monkey

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2006
So I got my new 27" on Wednesday last week, used it for a few hours (mainly loading my Time Machine backup and updating software), went away for the weekend, and then on Monday morning it completely froze and now won't even show a gray screen when I boot it up.

Apple is calling it DOA. On the road again for work, getting it picked up by USPS on Friday for an RMA.

Now I have to wait...again. Damn it.

What was your configuration? Did you add any RAM?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.