Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Voltaic

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2007
Who cares.

Where is a refreshed, faster, cheaper, new/better design case Mac Pro? For that matter, why doesn't Apple announce when they are going to fix the iMac 27" issues?

Hecklerdanny

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2007
I'd still like to know what the mass appeal of a tablet is.

I felt the same way about all of the speculation of a touch-based phone from Apple...Then Steve Jobs showed us. I'm HOPING this will be the same way? Because I sort of agree with your question.

paradox00

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2009
Apple TV update too much to hope for? Somehow links to new tablet, apple tv/tablet dock??

I would expect a video event at some point in the near future. There is too much to fit into a tablet event.

Apple TV needs updating (hopefully 1080p and apps)
iTunes store updates (1080p and new subscription and streaming models to compliment not replace the current one)
New 720p iPhone/iPod dock (Apple changed the Apple remote, the current dock uses the old one, the latest iPhone and iPod touch could do 720p video if Apple allowed and it would provide an always good mid cycle boost in sales)
Blu ray build to order options and OSX updates to support it (yes I actually think it's coming)

I believe that this will be the year that Apple takes video as seriously as music, both in hardware support and distribution. If true, an annual video event to compliment the iPod event would seem logical, and as you can see, the first one could be quite full.

aucl

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2009
Moscow
I think the new iLife is going to come with a graphics program. Got that from the paint splatter on the invite. :D

iPhone OS 4.0 demo and beta release!
Aperture X aka. 3.0 pls.! maybe it will be part of iWork :)
Since Aperture is expected get some cooler pixel manipulation tools, it is only logical when they will release the same core as new iPaint in iLife.

azsprty

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2009
I was really hoping for some news re the new iphone. My 3gs is dead and I will not use this blackberry 8310 til june. It sucks because I can get the iphone now at the subsidized 299 price but then screw myself this summer:mad:

Voltaic

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2007
I'd still like to know what the mass appeal of a tablet is.

I don't get it either. Apple is so late into what is essentially a "niche" product. It may go the way of the Apple TV, useless gadget others delivered far better and CHEAPER.

Mainstream Macs are so neglected it makes you wonder.

Guy Mancuso

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
I WANT A QUAD CORE 15inch MBP PLEASE and keep the Express port. I really wish they would rethink hardware needs for working Professional Photographers, Graphic artist and people that scream the need for mobile horsepower.

ugp

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2008
Inverness, Florida
FoxNews does tend to speak out on stuff before getting all the facts as well.

On the other hand I would really love to see a new iPhone OS and I can't wait to see if a Tablet is revealed. It feels like iLife 09 was just released but there are some new features I would love to see in iMovie. iMovie needs to be able to upload 1080p to YouTube. Where is the 1080p option in the Media Browser export. We have to use QuickTime for now.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I highly doubt we will see iPhone OS 4.0 on the 27th. Probably an update to the OS 3.1 though.

An iPhone 4.0 preview is more likely than not if a table is announced if only b/c the tablet will probably run on iPhone OS.

vvebsta

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2006
all i have to say is there better be a freaking iPhone update!!!!! 3GS was booooring

MacFly123

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2006
I also would like iMovie to be able to directly import videos from Cameras into whatever Event I want. I don't like being "stuck" with importing into iPhoto. There is no reason Apple can't implement this.

:confused: Have you used the new version of iMovie? It has exactly what you're talking about. All of the videos imported into iPhoto (since they're from "still" cameras) also show up there in iMovie. Methinks you're a bit behind on your tech.

Yes I have used the newest iMovie. I know what it has. I am simply referring to what others have said... That iPhoto shouldn't be doing ANYTHING with my movie footage. I don't care how it is captured!

I think it is safe to say I wouldn't even be on this site if I were 'behind in my tech' lol! Look at my track record and you will see I am right 95% of the time with my Apple and industry predictions!

Perhaps this complication may be solved by the rumored iGuide. Basically, a souped up iLife browser/Adobe Bridge-like app for all of your personal projects.

It would be nice to see a basic image manipulation app included in iWork. It seems silly to have to go into pages or keynote to do that fancy alpha-select thing. Also, would be nice to see them acquire Pixelmator. Those guys have worked their behinds off and have a solid product. It'd be a shame to see Apple completely demolish them with something of their own, when Pixelmator is a fine app as it is.

Ya, Pixelmator is a nicely designed app!

Rocketman

macrumors 603
I WANT A QUAD CORE 15inch MBP PLEASE and keep the Express port. I really wish they would rethink hardware needs for working Professional Photographers, Graphic artist and people that scream the need for mobile horsepower.

I would like to see it also have vastly improved I/O so injesting raw footage is much FASTER, and outputting primary edited clips is also MUCH faster. The CPU and bus can handle more than the ports can! Internal SSD, external HD/RAID is the future. My wish is for a battery powered mini with stupendous I/O as a "utility device". Interface with it on your iPhone.

Coolest new feature not yet implemented: REAL RAMDISC (XXL). Just put the bus in there and let customers who need it populate it themselves. Heck there are SOME people who will help Apple make a larger fortune off memory! Think about the upside Steve! We'll think of the functionality.

Rocketman

Starflyer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2003
Clayton Morris has always been an Apple freak. He's a gadget guy, through and through. His twitter feed is full of gadget stuff. His MacBook Pro has always been front and center during his show, as has his iPhone.

Yeah, i like listening to him on the Tuesday editions of the Mac OS Ken Day 6 podcast.

LagunaSol

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2003
This political nonsense is getting very annoying on the forums lately.

Agreed. The anti-Fox News diatribes are hilarious as they appear to imply that other news outlets (CNN, MSNBC, NYT, etc.) aren't completely full of biased bullcrap too... :rolleyes:

Distrust the media, people, no matter which direction they lean.

macbookairman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2008
Nebraska
iWeb updates please
  • Better deployment for google - iweb seo (belight software) is useful but should be integrated as standard to iWeb
  • HTML text editor / split screen - useful
  • More templates and options to edit templates
  • Better slideshows
  • Some form of flash creation tool (I know apple hate flash but I can dream!)

Please someone hear my prayers!

AMEN!! iWeb is desperately in need of an update.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
I would like to see it also have vastly improved I/O so injesting raw footage is much FASTER, and outputting primary edited clips is also MUCH faster. The CPU and bus can handle more than the ports can! Internal SSD, external HD/RAID is the future. My wish is for a battery powered mini with stupendous I/O as a "utility device". Interface with it on your iPhone.

Rocketman
Someone might take you seriously.

EliteF50

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2009
The only announcement I want to hear is: Quad Core 21.5" iMacs, with resolved screen flickering, yellow tinge, and HDD noise!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.