Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005
it might have been said in the last 5 pages, but we all know jobs is very very secretive. how imo, he wouldnt be really really excited about anything that we have already heard about. i hope nothing was leaked about this upcoming... whatever.

apple is going to blow us out of the water.

I don't think so. The only new stuff might be cool features about the expected iPod Phone. The rumors about the phone have been ongoing for a long long time now, and they are hard to ignore.

chuckiej

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2003
This is not the first MacWorld I've been interested in (I was awake at 4am watching the MRLive feed of the MacBooks being introduced :p), but this is the first one I'm actually anxious/invested in, because my credit card is out and ready to drop on a laptop and I'm looking at a MBP and waiting for Apple to convince me.

Um, If the current MBP doesn't convince you, nothing that happens tomorrow will either. They can only fit so much power in that little case and a Core 2 Duo seems more than capable for pretty much anything. ;)

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Haha. I've already got really bad heart palpitations as it is! It's my birthday today and was a financially good one :cool: I can't wait to see what happens. I'm not spending a penny until Apple lays its cards on the table, my 6gb iPod Mini is showing signs of ageing. Upgrade time :)

"First 30 years..." blah blah really adds to this. In the past 2 years of me using Mac and following rumours I don't think I've ever seen an event as hyped as this upcoming on! It's madness!

DavoMrMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2005
The iPod Hifi is good, but in my opinion needs a re-design, something sleeker and maybe even improved sonics.

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
LOL

This item gave me a bigger chuckle this Monday morning than reading The Onion.

I love it when Mac feaver gets this heated... I've got the shakes and my iTemperature is 102 and rising! :D

johngordon

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2004
it might have been said in the last 5 pages, but we all know jobs is very very secretive. how imo, he wouldnt be really really excited about anything that we have already heard about. i hope nothing was leaked about this upcoming... whatever.

That's what I'd think too - I can't get excited about the phone, because a mobile isn't something I use much. The ITV we know about, but a. it sounded lower specced than most would want, and even if it wasn't there are other alternatives already available that are.

So my money might be on Leopard :

1. We've seen a taster, but presumably far from all.

2. Vista has just come out - which from the looks of it does play catch up quite a bit - with more iLife elements in the photo organisation, and moviemaker, dvd creation stuff. So unveiling, if not shipping, the full on blow-Vista-out-of-the-water-in-ways-we-hadn't-even-thought-of would be awesome.

Other than that this video iPod - no-one would be surprised to see it, but I don't think any of us have any firm thoughts on exactly how it will function. There was the touch screen option - but my first thought was that that was crap, because of on screen fingerprints. Then there was the convoluted thing where sensors were at the side that did different things depending on what you were doing at the time. Great, although still not convinced, as it sounds so fiddly. But it could be that Apple, being Apple, have indeed dreamt up an ingenious but simple UI that no-one has thought of yet.

Or some holy grail of wireless media involving the ITV, some new HDMI display, and video iPod, fully realising whatever it was that Gates was belthering about earlier.

So there's my 2 cents.

emotion

macrumors 68040
Mar 29, 2004
Manchester, UK
If you were Apple, would you release a product that would have been the *perfect* Xmas present just a few days after the shopping season is over?
Wouldn't you think they would have done anything to put it on the market just a couple of weeks before?

Because what they were selling in bucket loads before xmas (ipods) made them just as much profit. The ipod phone hype just fueled those sales.

virus1

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2004
LOST
Because what they were selling in bucket loads before xmas (ipods) made them just as much profit. The ipod phone hype just fueled those sales.

yeah. its like eating your young before you are hungry.

... .... ..kinda

Jeef690

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2006
If its the iphone, than it is purely an announcemen and not an official release. The phone may take months to become available to high demands. I am betting its the 6g ipod which may or may not be available this month. (prob by the end of jan).

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
You need to release a product months before the holidays to create a real buzz if it is "new". Most consumers aren't going to drop $300 on something if it hasn't had a chance to circulate in the market and have people get excited about it.

Since Apple is touting the past as "just the beginning" - I think this is going to be a signature year. Steve may say that this is the year of _________. Whatever he says, I want it. :p

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
I can't temper my excitement! I can't stop thinking about Tuesday!

And I'll be in class or commuting during the keynote!

NOOOOO!!!!

Please do. Excitment ( when it comes to Keynotes ) leads to disappointment, disappointment leads to bitterness, and bitterness leads to whining on macrumors forums :-D

VoodooDaddy

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2003
Am I the only one that doesn't care about an iPhone? Its not like I'm going to rush out and get it. And who's to say what carrier it will be with? Have seen it rumored Cingular which leaves me out. Most new, unique phones are exclusive to one carrier or another for a while. Not to mention unless you are due for an upgrade you'll likely be paying full price for it. And from the rumored feature set it will no doubt be $399+.

And maybe I'm just too new to the Mac scene but I just shake my head at comments like:

"I'm taking off work to watch the presentation"

"I'm so excited I might explode!"

"I'm so excited I wet my pants!"

And on and on. Get a grip people. I'm very interested in iTV but I'm not going to take off work to see if its release.

Georgie

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I certainly hope that the iPhone is announced tomorrow. However it seems that it hasn't yet been approved by the FCC. At least no one has yet found documents released by the FCC (they're all public I'm told) indicating an iPhone-like device has been approved. I'm not too worried about this because, as Nokia and Sony-Samsung and the other handset makers know, the FCC releases often steal their thunder. So Apple may be holding off FCC submissions so they can announce it to a roar of hype and expectation.

Thus Apple may announce their iPhone tomorrow (pretty please) and then submit it for FCC approval, which means we must all wait a month or two before purchasing it. And that's a good reason to not announce the device for Christmas, because no one would be able to buy it, yet people might hold off buying a new iPod entirely. So Apple doesn't want to cannabilize their iPod sales with a product that can't be released for several more months.

That's one theory anyway. We'll learn more tomorrow!

Lepton

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2002
Cold Spring Harbor, NY
The Apple Handheld Device

This is my last chance to mention this description of the Apple Handheld Device I expect to come out some time this year. The front is a 16:9 screen, it's a phone, media player, remote desktop that can control and transfer with Macs from afar, and more. HERE

Retired
May 16, 2006
Am I the only one that doesn't care about an iPhone? Its not like I'm going to rush out and get it. And who's to say what carrier it will be with? Have seen it rumored Cingular which leaves me out. Most new, unique phones are exclusive to one carrier or another for a while. Not to mention unless you are due for an upgrade you'll likely be paying full price for it. And from the rumored feature set it will no doubt be $399+.

And maybe I'm just too new to the Mac scene but I just shake my head at comments like:

"I'm taking off work to watch the presentation"

"I'm so excited I might explode!"

"I'm so excited I wet my pants!"

And on and on. Get a grip people. I'm very interested in iTV but I'm not going to take off work to see if its release.

You do realise what kind of site this is?

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
SJ was also excited as he introduced iPod socks.

besides, i can't be excited when we don't have any elevator photos...

But did Jobs invite all his friends for the socks intro?

To get you excited:

Attachments

• 180px-Hospital_Elevator.jpg
    180px-Hospital_Elevator.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 1,295
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.