Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rnizlek

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2004
Washington, DC
I don't think people are upset over the wait, people are upset over the uncertainty. If you told me, "Pre-orders beginning November 26th for the 21.5" model," I'd just sit back and relax. I just know that availability will be limited, and so I have to keep constantly checking to see if they've gone on sale so I can ensure my order is towards the front of the pack.

Even if they gave me a date a month or two out, I'd be fine with it (I'd like to order before the end of the year for tax purposes, though). Just give me a date, or at least a week, which can be clarified to a date as we get closer.

Many studies have shown that people hate uncertainty much more than they hate waiting.

And I do agree with the idea that people would just like to know the pricing so they can plan. That would be very helpful.

washburn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
Nearly fell off my chair reading that line, love my Apple products but as their popularity has grown so has their quality control deteriorated.

what I mean is that, the new iMac is quite tricky to make due to various things, screen lamination issue and who knows what else...which leads to quality control , btw every screen gets calibrated for perfection, this is probably addressing yellow tint issue aswell...so who knows

----------

Last edited by a moderator:

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
One thing is certain. If you ask people to stop complaining, you're going to get more complaining.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I agree. I think that people were expecting an announcement as far back as June, so it's as if the delay was six months.

Actually I decided to switch in February but was advised to wait as the new iMac was just around the corner.
That said now I know it's just weeks away I don't really have a problem. I would prefer it if they would let you preorder and list the BTO pricing (rather than guessing from the mini or MacBook options) even if shipping is a few weeks away. That way at least we would know what we were going to spend.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.