Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EDiTOR9

macrumors regular
May 27, 2012
South Bay, CA
When I had att unlimited I would use between 9-15 gb during summer (usually meant longer hours at work) but last year when we got wifi it dropped to about 3gb.

AbeFrohman

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
Used to be around 15-25 GB/mo on my 5S. Based on usage so far this month after getting my 6+ three days ago... I'll be exceeding that. Verizon unlimited plan FTW.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
Meanwhile here in germany people get jealous when I tell them I get 1,2GB a month on mobile data :D

I don't think I know a single person who would dare to stream anything. One time I had a 30 sec YouTube video play on my friends phone and he was like screaming ARE YOU NUTS!!!! MY DATAAAA TURN IT OFF!!!

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Meanwhile here in germany people get jealous when I tell them I get 1,2GB a month on mobile data :D

I don't think I know a single person who would dare to stream anything. One time I had a 30 sec YouTube video play on my friends phone and he was like screaming ARE YOU NUTS!!!! MY DATAAAA TURN IT OFF!!!

Lol:D
Common, carrier data is that expensive over there?

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
Lol:D
Common, carrier data is that expensive over there?

Well technically it is all unlimited but they throttle you to 64kbs after a certain amount depending on your plan. I would say the average gets 500mb a month. Now that they make less and less money with text messages it is getting worse and worse. I guess 64kbs was still fast enough for whatsapp and what not so now they start to throttle down to 32kbs on some plans for the rest of the month. U used to be able to pay like 5€ to "reset" your data to whatever your plan includes like let's say your plan included 2gb before u get throttled and u py 5€ within the month u would get another 2gb but now they have changed it and u just get another 200mb for 5€ no matter what plan ur at

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Well technically it is all unlimited but they throttle you to 64kbs after a certain amount depending on your plan. I would say the average gets 500mb a month. Now that they make less and less money with text messages it is getting worse and worse. I guess 64kbs was still fast enough for whatsapp and what not so now they start to throttle down to 32kbs on some plans for the rest of the month. U used to be able to pay like 5€ to "reset" your data to whatever your plan includes like let's say your plan included 2gb before u get throttled and u py 5€ within the month u would get another 2gb but now they have changed it and u just get another 200mb for 5€ no matter what plan ur at

Wow, that sucks bro.
The throttle speeds are worst than a turtle:D
There isn't many other wireless companies that will offer better data plans than that?
500mb and 200mb a month is nothing.

Delmar

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2012
Texas

That sucks!!! Are all of the cell service companies plans like that in your country?

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
On my 5S, I used about 3.5gb per month or roughly 100mb per day. On my 6+, I hit 5gb around Day 17 of the month or about 300mb per day. I have my 6+ set up like my 5S, and my typical activity is the same. I can't figure out why I'm burning through more data on the 6+. I have an AT&T unlimited plan (throttled at 5gb), so I try to conserve as much as possible.

Nolander07

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
I use ~2 GB between my wife and I- and I make absolutely no effort to conserve data. I am on wifi mostly though. I can't even imagine how one would use 50.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA

I won't say this is "good to hear", but all I ever hear is how wonderful people in EU have it. It's the same in Hungary by the way. I think it's the same bunch of misinformation being circulated and regurgitated on these forums.

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
I was using around 10GB's month. My bluetooth in my car went out and am down to about half of that. To say the least I have room to grow into my 30GB plan. My wife is out of work so her usage is almost none as she hardly leaves the house right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.