Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
I had one of those bowls and it was so good, the next time I went to KFC I ordered another. :p

My only complaint is that it should come with a biscuit.

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
What a fantastic article.

Gonna steal it to teach my kids about voice.

Maybe not. As my attempts to teach about voice will likely devolve into a discussion of the merits of said biscuitless bowl.

Maybe I'll use it to teach about capitalism instead.

Anyway, the bowl in all its glory. It's like, chicken cereal. With cheese.

kfcbowl-meal-764007.jpeg

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
steamboat26 said:
they may taste good, but they look disgusting. I don't have a strong enough constitution to try one :D
At least until the Food Nazis come around and tell you that they taste good, because they are loaded with fats and carbohydrates.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
TheAnswer said:
Actually, they should make the bowl out of biscuit.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little™. :D

Actually, I may have to make my own.. just omit real chicken in place of fake chicken.. Just to experience it. :p

technicolor

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2005
><><><><
EricNau said:
I had one of those bowls and it was so good, the next time I went to KFC I ordered another. :p

My only complaint is that is should come with a biscuit.

OMG they are like crack!

I hate that I like them so much, but the mash tater bowl is good.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
I dunno. I wouldn't order the thing but I can see it's appeal. I know my cousins love to mix the mashed potatoes and cole slaw with gravy, that's right, gravy on the coleslaw. I dunno they love it. I can't eat @ KFC anymore, it's disgusting, and gauranteed to give me a stomachache.

therevolution

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2003
I'm interested in that bacon cheeseburger served on a Krispy Kreme doughnut mentioned in the article... but I have to go all the way to St. Louis to get one? Well, at least after I run there and back from San Francisco, I'll have burned off most of the calories.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
SamIchi said:
I dunno. I wouldn't order the thing but I can see it's appeal. I know my cousins love to mix the mashed potatoes and cole slaw with gravy, that's right, gravy on the coleslaw. I dunno they love it. I can't eat @ KFC anymore, it's disgusting, and gauranteed to give me a stomachache.

Yuck, that is just gross SamIchi- your cousins preference for food is a bit disturbing. :eek: :eek:

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I'm pretty interested in the KFC bowl, and everything else mentioned in that article. I really do watch what I eat, but c'mon.......have some fun with crappy food, folks. You only live once. ;)

Actually, hold that thought. I'm going to be a vegetarian for the next 2 weeks. :eek:

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
As a concept it's not so unlike some Asian bowl dishes - although I can't quite imagine components of them being composed of KFC ingredients.
I'm intrigued and sickened at the same time. If I spot it on the menu at a KFC over it, I may just have to try it.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Well with the Yum! Corporation's Taco Bell making the awesome Border Bowls, they copied the consept for their KFC Franchise. Just wait until they come up with something like this for Pizza Hut, Long John Silvers, and A&W (USA Only).

TEG

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
The last time I went to KFC I asked what cut of the chicken was in bucket option 1 (or whatever) meaning was it drum-stick, breast etc., and the staff member just looked at me (with sad eyes that just yelled "Help! They keep me here against my will.") that they were just 'bits of chicken'.

It was the last time I'll ever visit KFC.

MongoTheGeek

macrumors 68040
mpw said:
The last time I went to KFC I asked what cut of the chicken was in bucket option 1 (or whatever) meaning was it drum-stick, breast etc., and the staff member just looked at me (with sad eyes that just yelled "Help! They keep me here against my will.") that they were just 'bits of chicken'.

It was the last time I'll ever visit KFC.

An 8 piece bucket is a whole chicken. Beyond that I am not sure what the piece ordering is. I think they add breast and drumstick, then a thigh and wing.

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
KFC has tricked me too many times for me to fall for this...

I've stood outside and smelled the aroma and been like, "damn that smells good, I'm hungry, Imma get me some friggin CHICKEN!" then I bring it home bite into it, and it's just skin bone and fat....and it's tastes terrible, and then my stomach hurts....

They're tricky......with their smelly smells...

we have some actual Kentucky Fried Chickens out here, maybe they never felt the need to change the name...not sure..

I like fast food, but I would rather eat my arm than that bowl.

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
All this talk has made me curious for KFC. I'm going to nip out to the local tonight and pick up a couple of tinnies to accompany it. My expanding waistline thanks you all.

cait-sith

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2004
canada
When I was a lot younger, it seemed that KFC was a lot better quality than it is now -- KFC and A&W were the "okay" fast food joints, whereas McDonalds and BK were the less appetizing, dirtier, greasier joints. Ever since KFC and Taco Bell started sharing restaurants, KFC is disgusting. And the situation is no better in United States -- I visited a KFC in Grand Forks, ND, and nearly threw up in the parking lot afterwards. Go figure.

Maybe I just didn't realize how bad fast food was for me when I was a child. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.