Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oblivious.Robot

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
This made me laugh, and it's on the front page at that. :D

093d7958b6r-boat.jpg.jpg

If this is not a ridiculously slow news day story, then I don't know what is!

Last edited:

1961 Scout

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2015
Yes I heard it too. Sounds sort of like...a Hoover vacuum cleaner.

Those swing shift custodians are doing a great job..

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
If  does indeed make a vehicle, it will be overpriced like all their products.

KIA and HYAUNDIA quality, with features of a low-end FORD and GM, at the price of a BENZ, BMW, or even possibly a MASERATI.

Margins baby, it's all about margins.
Have you driven a Hyundai? They are exceptionally well built for that class of car and price point. I have 2015 version of the Elantra and the amenities I got are unprecedented for this class. 10 year/100k mile warranty. 4 year cosmetic warranty. Unlimited car wash detail inside and out and oil changes for life (of course that's the dealers offer), etc. It's very solid. I absolutely love this vehicle.

Oh and it will outrun the Civic SI. Research before anyone quotes me. ;)

iisdan

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2010
If Apple was building a car, it would be completely silent. Unless they were making comparisons for sound / power ratio to other cars.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
Pretty sure Apple isn't stupid enough to make a petrol car.
Exactly. You would think they would build an electric car with batteries. Revving engine noises does not make sense. This whole rumor seem suspicious to me -- more than the norm for this website.

raniel

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2011
Ph
So motor noises now are worthy of a forum post? What's next? Tim's eye blinks 2x per second?

galrito

macrumors regular
May 4, 2010
If  does indeed make a vehicle, it will be overpriced like all their products.

KIA and HYAUNDIA quality, with features of a low-end FORD and GM, at the price of a BENZ, BMW, or even possibly a MASERATI.

Margins baby, it's all about margins.

FORD and GM are really good cars, except when they try to kill you.

smithy12

macrumors member
May 29, 2012
If Apple are indeed developing some kinda of car my guess it will something they will use around the new spaceship campus as opposed to a street car .......

Reactions: PlainviewX

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
Maybe it's not a car at all but rather an autonomous truck that will be used for shipping by major freight companies. I can't think of any other reason a motor would be so loud. If Apple is making an electric car the motor would be nearly silent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.