Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dbaxter

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2010
I remember having this on my Iphone way back when

Hey,

I dont know that I've ever used it. I think its more of an app for the iPAD device now right?

dbax
darrick baxter
owner/operator

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
Does anyone know where it gets its data from? So, for example, would it work in Austria?

iBungie

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2008
It needs a camera to provide "reality" images onto which themed icons can be placed in relation to the distance & direction to the item being searched for. Works best out of doors - more accurate. I've found it useful for finding nearest bookstore in a city centre and also direction of nearest train station. You look a bit odd when you are using it - like you are taking a really long time to take a photo.....spookiest list I called up was to plot distance & direction of people who had recently sent tweets.

Hey,

I dont know that I've ever used it. I think its more of an app for the iPAD device now right?

dbax
darrick baxter
owner/operator

steezy1337

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2008
Carlisle, UK
robotvision is a good one aswell, i've been switching between acrossair and robot vision. robotvision kinda has a 1up because it can find flikr uploads and tweets if you're that way inclined.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.