Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
That home button does look strange. Hoping it's just the lighting...

IF this is real, that button might not be fake. Apple could be changing it up to avoid the oil and dust issues that can make the button not work over time.

Could also be that there's nothing under the button pulling it into the right placement and the video is fake. If I had the time and inclination it would be child's play to film a current iPhone with iOS6 put on it (but not registered so it won't activate) then morph it a tad and map it into my plastic fake

Covering up the logos is also suspect. Feels like they are covering up a lack of logos instead

miknos

Suspended
Mar 14, 2008
Doubling down on secrecy... So either Apple is doing a terrible job, or they are trollin.

Seems like Samsung is selling a bunch of those new Galaxy S3 and Apple decided to leak some parts so people hold on a little more to buy the new iPhone.

kavlo26

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2007
Shouldn't the apple logo be more in the center of screen during the boot up? Seems higher. Usually they are in the center of the screen. :confused:

saud0488

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2011
With each and every leak, I become more and more underwhelmed. Is this a bad joke? What's there to be excited about exactly?

Same iPhone with same OS but just taller?

juannacho

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2011
I was thinking about buying a white iPhone next time...

...but if that's legit, I'll stick to a black one. All the sensors on the front are just fugly. To me, anyway. Just sharing my personal opinion

Nice opinion caveat ;)

They'll tear you up like wolves if you express opinions too forcefully round here.

Oh god, I think I can hear them coming...

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
That appears to be the same knockoff that has been proven to be fake in another video. The other one was black though.

Here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmZid5rtqBI

Notice how both have the metal ring (external antenna) color matched with the color of the phone (unlike what we have seen in leaks, where the color was either gray or graphite), while the +, - and sleep buttons are silver whereas they should be the color of the ring.

Both are seen in a low-quality YouTube video in which the phone doesn't move during the animation, so it would have been easy to just edit the movie and add a video on the screen.

The other (fake) leak was later said to be a dummy gotten from that chinese website: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.10.1&id=19623600390

T1w6jEXdRpXXXVKs7Z_031642.jpg_310x310.jpg

I can't confirm if was actually gotten from this site, but in the other video it's a lot more obvious that the booting animation is fake and just a video pasted on top.

This one appears to be the same one as in the other video, except in white.

Last edited:

MMOTotal

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2012
Azeroth
With each and every leak, I become more and more underwhelmed. Is this a bad joke? What's there to be excited about exactly?

Same iPhone with same OS but just taller?

No doubt some nice camera improvements, internal changes etc. Remember at the end of the day it's just a phone.

Reason077

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2007
Again how is no one saying anything about the boot animations.. That is new. My ios6 beta doesn't do that.

I'm pretty sure it's in the iOS 6 beta. At least, the .png files for it are definitely there. The animation is only played when you boot up a freshly reset device for the first time, not on "normal" boots.

gguerini

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
So apparently the leaks were all right and this is the "brand new iPhone 4", ops, iPhone 5. Great. But not.

npggirl

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2010
City of your dreams
Still too long

I still do not like the LONG mess.
Man, as many rumors as I have seen with this design, I guess I am starting to think it is true.
But....ugh.
:(
It is pretty, but just too long!

mikbeth

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2012
Contrast?

What's interesting to me about the video is the contrast of the iphone "5" seems to be much better than the 4s. The blacks are much blacker. I don't know if that's evidence of fakeness or awesomeness.

ivassilis

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2010
It sure looks the real thing to me! Home button does not actually look that suspicious (may also be covered with some plastic).

And if you ask me, it was just about time one of these next iPhones to be unveiled by Chinese, the people who actually build them (even as a small tribute to their long work days).

I was always watching an Apple event, just to see Jobs performing. The actual products, we know they're superb anyway :p

Zmijutin

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
looks very good. Especially deeper/richer black is awesome! Can't wait to see it in person! Only thing that concerns me is battery life. I would like iphone 4 battery life (full day with moderate usage).

p.s.: And I'm gonna defiantly get black one. Much more nicer

humpstyles

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2012
"Several apparent features of the device do, however, call its authenticity into question, and so we are primarily posting this for interest and discussion at this point. "

Calm down people, it's obviously not real :rolleyes:

mariocapo

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2009
Las Vegas
It looks like it could be an LED status indicator. Does anyone else see a little flash right after he boots them up? That or its just a reflection from his hand going over it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.