Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
I would give up my unlimited data for the 2gb plan if tethering was included for free. I don't have a huge problem with data caps so long as they are realistic and you can use the data you pay for however you like.

bender o

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2009
I would give up my unlimited data for the 2gb plan if tethering was included for free. I don't have a huge problem with data caps so long as they are realistic and you can use the data you pay for however you like.

why would you do that? you'll use those 2Gb in a few days tethering them.

Slip Jigs

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
Some of you who take advantage of unlimited data by using your phone as your home's main Internet connection, jail breaking, tethering, etc, are going to ruin for the rest of us.

Plus if you're constantly streaming music, downloading moviews, whatever - you're going to ruin your phone. This excessive usage generates heat that will shorten the life of the hardware dramatically.

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
Some of you who take advantage of unlimited data by using your phone as your home's main Internet connection, jail breaking, tethering, etc, are going to ruin for the rest of us.

Plus if you're constantly streaming music, downloading moviews, whatever - you're going to ruin your phone. This excessive usage generates heat that will shorten the life of the hardware dramatically.

lol.
no.

AT&T's shareholders will be the one raining on everyone's parade.

anonymous guy

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
if they were really concerned about keeping unlimited users under 5GB, they would take a more serious approach and start throttling speeds alongside the letters

fortunately for me, they haven't caught onto doing that

arn00

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2010
Screw em, I pay 40 bucks for my data plan, 30 something for minutes I barely use (I have 4000 rollover minutes) and 15 bucks for text and mms which most people will agree is way too much, if that isn't enough for AT&T then I don't know what is, I have no idea how people can stand the 2gb cap, not with netflix, hulu, gps apps, video chat apps, and everything else that sucks up data.

I'm pretty surprised that they sent you a letter, when the wifi died on my iPhone 3G I was forced to use 3G for everything, I was using at the least 20 gb's a month and I never heard a word.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008

I would agree with that, although I ditched unlimited to save $5/month. I never topped 1GB/month, so it was a waste of money.

But your main point is so true. I don't get the extra cash to tether -- or use an iPad with a 3G radio -- when it's the same data. That's like charging one price to use gasoline in your car but another when you fill up a small tank for use with something like a lawn mower.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.