Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Hooverville, that is one fine looking case. Mine should be here tomorrow. Love the color scheme. Please report on the calls when you can.

Hey, please put up some pictures of your color fre case when you get it.
Please let me know if you have a wavy screen also? :)

Ferniesp

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2012
Got my case. Same as Hooterviles. Nice and tight. Calls are crystal clear. The color is bad ass.

Ferniesp

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2012
You have a wavy screen or any oil slicks?

The screen seems fine. Is it perfectly flat like a hard plastic? No. It's just fine for me.
The front has no oil slicks that I notice. What I do when I put the case on is blow onto the screen and phone as it sits into place. Is this the reason for no slicks on mine.....who knows.
Made a few calls and all is well. No echos, vibrations, nothing.
Fit is nice and snug with no gaps.
The color is what does it for me. It adds to the iphone look, not take way from it.

dakota316

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2011
Missouri
I got the Cyan Lifeproof case today, along with a Magenta the wife got. So far I really like the case for sure. The sound quality, both out of the headpiece, as well as the speakerphone is great. The only thing is there is still a little oil slick, but nothing major as you cant really see it incase the phone is turned off, in which you wont be looking at it anyways, lol. But the Cyan color is AWESOME!! Here are some pics, and Hooterville, I jacked your poses in the belt clip, lol.

img0959sq.jpg

sdc12116h.jpg

sdc12115u.jpg

sdc12117a.jpg

sdc12118.jpg

dakota316

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2011
Missouri
Actually on second thought, the oil slicks are so much worse than they were before :( And their more noticeable now with the screen on than the last case I had was. Thats the only letdown, everything else is fine.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I got the Cyan Lifeproof case today, along with a Magenta the wife got. So far I really like the case for sure. The sound quality, both out of the headpiece, as well as the speakerphone is great. The only thing is there is still a little oil slick, but nothing major as you cant really see it incase the phone is turned off, in which you wont be looking at it anyways, lol. But the Cyan color is AWESOME!! Here are some pics, and Hooterville, I jacked your poses in the belt clip, lol.

Wow, that Cyan is hot ! I want one. Lets see the pink one :)

RoofMonkey911

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2012
Received the replacement case that LP said was coming directly off the production line...
Product code: 001083262
Can't beat that number ;-)
Case looks solid & nice to see they made the molding inside a solid piece, no glued on pads on the front piece. More testing soon, but have faith that this one is a keeper!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 191

dakota316

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2011
Missouri
Cant stand these oil slicks, and nothing seems to be working to get them off. The foam they took off from the top of the front piece was a bad mistake on their part. Both the cyan and magenta are headed back to Lifeproof.

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
Cant stand these oil slicks, and nothing seems to be working to get them off. The foam they took off from the top of the front piece was a bad mistake on their part. Both the cyan and magenta are headed back to Lifeproof.

This is why I finally quit any case with a screen, including the fre. Just cant stand the oil slick. Plus screen is too nice to cover.

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013

What do you mean oil slicks?

Ferniesp

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2012
If you take off your case a lot, the oil slicks will appear. I am not trying to convince you that the case is perfect because its not. No case is perfect. At the end of the day you have to decide what is good for you and what you can live with. It's pretty clear that the new cases are out and I do not believe that lifeproof needs to improve any further. The new cases work as advertised. For me, I needed a color scheme that doesn't cheapen my phone. I am perfectly happy with my new colored case.

Hooverville, how is yours holding up?

mike1111

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2011
Received the replacement case that LP said was coming directly off the production line...
Product code: 001083262
Can't beat that number ;-)
Case looks solid & nice to see they made the molding inside a solid piece, no glued on pads on the front piece. More testing soon, but have faith that this one is a keeper!
Nice! Is there still a thick plastic piece over the proximity sensor? I can't tell from your photos if it's unchanged or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.