Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HiddenPuppy

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2011
I see maybe 1 person who has a issue.

In the thread, here are the posts that talk about problems:

Now does it seem to have less problems that the Fre, yes, just think it to early to say this one is "the One"

Dmaynard83

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2012
In the thread, here are the posts that talk about problems:

Now does it seem to have less problems that the Fre, yes, just think it to early to say this one is "the One"

If you read on most of the posts you indicated say refute their original complaint.

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
Yes, there are a couple people on there that have complained, you are right. Two people had water leak and one person had clips that rattled.
Look through the thread here though...yikes.

This case has been out much longer than the armor though so i can see why this would have more problems. What worries me is the poor QC in all of these cases I mean the armor just came out and it is having a variety of issues. Paying $100+ for a case should not have these issues.

Dmaynard83

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2012
This case has been out much longer than the armor though so i can see why this would have more problems. What worries me is the poor QC in all of these cases I mean the armor just came out and it is having a variety of issues. Paying $100+ for a case should not have these issues.

Read through the post majority of users say there cases are fine. In lifeproofs case every unit was a lemon.

Brother Esau

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
Are these cases really this bad? I have read the entire thread and my god, I cannot believe there is like what, 7 revisions of this thing already?

Has this B.S and nonsense been sorted out with this case yet?

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
Read through the post majority of users say there cases are fine. In lifeproofs case every unit was a lemon.

I had 2 lifeproofs and neither were a lemon. I just dont need the bulk that goes with the armor so I am waiting for the atlas hopefully it doesn't have all these issues like lifeproof and otterbox have.

icecrystal23

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
Are these cases really this bad? I have read the entire thread and my god, I cannot believe there is like what, 7 revisions of this thing already?

I think it depends partly on your expectations....

Also, it sounds like most of the issues are resolved now. If Griffin doesn't come out with theirs soon, I might give in and buy a colored LifeProof case. I'd be wary of buying a black or white one (fear of not getting the latest and greatest....).

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013

I just got one of the blue ones and have no issues with the rings or anything else people are reporting. Sound is a little lower which is expected with a water proof case, but other than that no real issues.

Dmaynard83

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2012
I just got one of the blue ones and have no issues with the rings or anything else people are reporting. Sound is a little lower which is expected with a water proof case, but other than that no real issues.

Pretty sure most if not all who have given the armor series a shot will admit it is leaps and bounds better than lifeproofs.

There should be a class action lawsuit against this company for having the public beta test their cases.

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
Pretty sure most if not all who have given the armor series a shot will admit it is leaps and bounds better than lifeproofs.

There should be a class action lawsuit against this company for having the public beta test their cases.

Yeah sue because I'm sure life proof has the secret and just wanted to sit on it and waste sending all those replacement cases out when users had issues. :rolleyes: there should be a class action lawsuit against the stupidity that goes on some of these sites.

Dmaynard83

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2012
Yeah sue because I'm sure life proof has the secret and just wanted to sit on it and waste sending all those replacement cases out when users had issues. :rolleyes: there should be a class action lawsuit against the stupidity that goes on some of these sites.

They knew there were problems with the case and didn't put a hold on it probably due to not wanting to get a bad reputation.

I understand the need to defend your purchase but there is almost 40 pages of people complaining about lifeproof - doesn't seem stupid as much as your asinine comment

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
They knew there were problems with the case and didn't put a hold on it probably due to not wanting to get a bad reputation.

I understand the need to defend your purchase but there is almost 40 pages of people complaining about lifeproof - doesn't seem stupid as much as your asinine comment

I'm not defending my purchase I don't have any issues with mine i just hope those who get a black or white can get a good one like what seems to be the case with the colored versions.

terandall

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2012
Does the lifeproof interfere with the noise cancellation feature on the iphone 5? Has anybody had experience with this?

YoToddy

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2009
Can we please not turn this thread into a comparison of the Otterbox to Lifeproof case? It has nothing to do with the reason this thread was started.

I think many people are still following this thread because they are waiting on the sidelines to know when the Lifeproof issues have been resolved.

Having a bunch of posts about how much more awesome the Otterbox case is than the Lifeproof doesn't really offer any assistance to the community that want a Lifeproof case or are having an issue with the one they presently have.

Not trying to censor you or anything, but these comments would better serve the MacRumors community in a new thread.

Thanks Dudes:)

----------

Does the lifeproof interfere with the noise cancellation feature on the iphone 5? Has anybody had experience with this?

I'd like to know this as well. There is no cutout for it so I would assume it does not work with the Lifeproof case. Even if Lifeproof claimed that it still works, I would almost certainly assume that it's ability to cancel any background noise would be severely limited.

hozay09

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2008
I had the LP case back in December that I picked up from Best Buy and didn't have much problems besides the newton rings and lower sound quality. I decided to return it for a refund based on the fact I thought AT&T would be carrying it and I could repurchase with my discount. So far it looks like it has since been delayed and quite possibly no longer being considered to be offered so I may bite the bullet and purchase another via Best Buy.

Would someone explain how exactly I could determine which would be the latest LP to purchase? Would there be a specific serial number to look for on the box? I'm not a fan of the new colors and prefer black so I want to make sure I do have the most current model.

icecrystal23

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
Can we please not turn this thread into a comparison of the Otterbox to Lifeproof case? It has nothing to do with the reason this thread was started.

Having a bunch of posts about how much more awesome the Otterbox case is than the Lifeproof doesn't really offer any assistance to the community that want a Lifeproof case or are having an issue with the one they presently have.

I disagree. Knowing what alternatives are on the market and how they compare is very useful in this thread to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

erpetao

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2011
Does anyody know when will the new colours be available in Europe/UK? I tried to order online in the lifeproof website but they only have the black and white models.

(I don't really care about the colors I just want to make sure I have the latest version).

MauiGideon

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2008
Just got my lifeproof case in the mail today!

Here's a picture since I haven't seen the earth color posted yet...

1zxtqas.jpg

Case looks good so far, but this is what I've noticed:

1. Passed water test
2. There is a little bump on the front of the case around the light sensor
3. Did the compressed air trick & there is no rainbow/oil slicks

Other than that it looks good to me... Im usuing a SKIN on the back and sides of iphone also a SGP front screen protector. So far everything fits and touch sensitivity & clarity looks good to me!

myMacRumors

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2010
2. There is a little bump on the front of the case around the light sensor
clear plastic tabs also home button (inside front) per design

Im usuing a SKIN on the back and sides of iphone also a SGP front screen protector. So far everything fits and touch sensitivity & clarity looks good to me!

not recommended via LifeProof support pages

Last edited:

MauiGideon

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2008

hozay09

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2008
I picked up my latest Fre case from Target yesterday. Not sure if its the latest model but I could definitely tell the sound quality is far better than the version I purchased in December.

I don't know if its a problem but a thin black strip came off as soon as I opened the box. It looks like it went across the top of the rear window. I decided to leave it off since it wouldn't stay.

The screen has newton rings galore and I tried the compressed trick but no go. They don't really bother me so ill live with it.

YoToddy

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2009
I had no idea that Target was selling them. I've been to three Best Buy's in the Memphis area and none of them have any with a serial number over 180,000. Hope to have better luck at Target.

YoToddy

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2009
Stopped by Target on my lunch break. Snagged a white one SN 471126. Did the water test and inserted the phone, so far so good. Guess will see if it turns to crap in a few days time.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Best Buy is starting to carry the green and pink. I don't know about the blue. My local store had like 10 pinks and green is showing on line

HiRisk

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2013
The Best Buy in my area now has the blue and pink LifeProof cases for the iPhone 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.