Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

8a22a

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
For a moment there I thought London was in 3D. I did a search for Tower Bridge but it found the one in Sacramento. hehe. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342983180.844028.jpg

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
It would be nice to have London's olympic venues ready in time for the games. Nice bit of PR!!

By the time iOS6 is released to the public, the olympic games are long over and forgotten, and who knows maybe the Olympic Stadium that nobody wants after the games is already demolished.
;)

chester3123

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2012
eRROR IN RESTORING iPHOne

Hi,

I have a iphone4 4.3 which was locked with ATT. i tried to jailbreak it with snowbreez and was successful in doing so and thatn loaded it on my iphone via Itunes. After loading it my iphone was in recovery mode with Black screen. I had a folder on my Desktop called ibooty.. so i tried it and my iPhone got on. After some time when i checked my phone it was in recovery mode with black screen. I tried to fix it with Tinny umbrelly but it din work. even tried Redsnow.. no luck.. So i got pissed and Downloaded 4.3.1 firmware and tried restoring it with Itunes it gives me error. i guess 3194. tried to fix it with IREB dint work. uninstalled all antivirus and disabled firewall . Went in windows/drivers/etc/host and changed that setting too which dint work. sometimes that error doest come but 37 comes.. i dont know what to do.. even tried holding power and home button. nothing works. even tried restoring it with itunes from the internet with latest version doest help... Kindlyyy help me..

party

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2012
Hong Kong
By the time iOS6 is released to the public, the olympic games are long over and forgotten, and who knows maybe the Olympic Stadium that nobody wants after the games is already demolished.
;)

Wrong. The Olympic Stadium will be handed over to football club, West Ham United.

But still, not having a big city like London is just wrong. I'm sure we'll see a lot of additions btt the GM is released, and I expect London to be one of them.

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Wrong. The Olympic Stadium will be handed over to football club, West Ham United.

But still, not having a big city like London is just wrong. I'm sure we'll see a lot of additions btt the GM is released, and I expect London to be one of them.

London should be pretty much guaranteed since it is already known C3 mapped it and demoed it. They're obviously just slowly filtering them in between now and launch.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK

Its not a done deal yet. West Ham couldn't even fill their current stadium so they have no hope filling that.

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
I am sure though that London and other UK cities will be covered, there is still plenty of time before the release. And there is no need really to have all features in the Beta yet, it would somehow ruin the surprise factor.

MrBudgie

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2012
Hi,

I have a iphone4 4.3 which was locked with ATT. i tried to jailbreak it with snowbreez and was successful in doing so and thatn loaded it on my iphone via Itunes. After loading it my iphone was in recovery mode with Black screen. I had a folder on my Desktop called ibooty.. so i tried it and my iPhone got on. After some time when i checked my phone it was in recovery mode with black screen. I tried to fix it with Tinny umbrelly but it din work. even tried Redsnow.. no luck.. So i got pissed and Downloaded 4.3.1 firmware and tried restoring it with Itunes it gives me error. i guess 3194. tried to fix it with IREB dint work. uninstalled all antivirus and disabled firewall . Went in windows/drivers/etc/host and changed that setting too which dint work. sometimes that error doest come but 37 comes.. i dont know what to do.. even tried holding power and home button. nothing works. even tried restoring it with itunes from the internet with latest version doest help... Kindlyyy help me..

Sorry, I think you dialled the wrong number...you might want to google Redsn0w and take it from there. The guys that work on that have a lot of information on their site and links to forums with members who are interested on that sort of behaviour. I don't think you'll find the answers you need in a topic discussing the new maps in iOS 6. Good luck dude, and at least you can use your shiny iPhone as a nice iPaperweight when you find you can't turn it on anymore.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
The same here. I expect Siri to come in year 2017 and Sweden on maps to come 2014.. :/

Funny thing is they're using technology that offered 3D renditions of Stockholm five years ago...

In May 2008, a new three-dimensional map service called "Hitta.se 3D" was launched. It used technology from C3 Technologies, which was part of the defence corporation Saab AB, to create a detailed three-dimensional map of Stockholm.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitta.se

Swedes are awesome. Bluetooth, 3D maps, dynamite...

I wonder how well known it is that Apple is using Swedish military technology ;)

Nevzorus

macrumors 6502
Feb 29, 2012
Funny thing is they're using technology that offered 3D renditions of Stockholm five years ago...

In May 2008, a new three-dimensional map service called "Hitta.se 3D" was launched. It used technology from C3 Technologies, which was part of the defence corporation Saab AB, to create a detailed three-dimensional map of Stockholm.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitta.se

Swedes are awesome. Bluetooth, 3D maps, dynamite...

I wonder how well known it is that Apple is using Swedish military technology ;)

Thanks for the information! :)

I really hope Apple include Sweden.. it would be GREAT

Last edited:

MBPnoob

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio gets the shaft again.
In fact, I doubt if Apple ever gets around to mapping ol Cincy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.