Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lidomkj

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2008
I ordered mine on 2/14 and it is in transit. Ready to ship yesterday, but missed the fedex cutoff point, so it went out today.

Estimated deliver date is Monday, 02/26. I am slightly disappointed that 2nd day air really did not get me anything.

Fedex can not change the shipment to allow Saturday delivery without Apple auth, Apple can not change per their corporate policy.

Meanwhile, both apple stores in my area have them in stock and did not check before I ordered online.

Update 02/22/08
On truck for delivery.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
I thought that the Apple Micro-DVI to Video Adapter (containing s-video and composite outputs) was supposed to come with it? I have the DVI and VGA adaptors, but to composite/s-video. Anyone else?

S-video/composite is an additional optional item. Only VGA and DVI are included.

Nice Pic. I don't see any of the dongles...How'd you do it to the LCD?

Me three! Are you using WiFi VNC with another machine? The X-box maybe?

jacquiep

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2007
Hanover, NH
Shipping times?

I ordered the 1.8/80 mba the evening of 2/20 after seeing it in person at the apple store. I received my ethernet dongle on 2/22, but the computer still hasn't shipped. It said 7-10 days ship time when I ordered, but now the site says 5-7 days. The estimated ship time is February 29th-March 5th with an estimated delivery of March 5th-11th... I just doubt the accuracy of these estimates. It's finally tying up the available credit on my credit card today... does this mean it should ship soon?

Anybody else order around the same time? What do you have for shipping?

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
My Amazon order (1.8 HD) still says shipping April 15 :eek:

Sorry to be slow: what is a WiFi VNC ?

Thanks...

VNC is Virtual Network Computing: displaying another computer's screen (like the way that X-Box is displaying the Air's screen) across a network. Leopard's Screen Sharing is an example.

(WiFi is wireless networking.)

Federico

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2008
South Florida
I ordered the 1.8/80 mba the evening of 2/20 after seeing it in person at the apple store. I received my ethernet dongle on 2/22, but the computer still hasn't shipped. It said 7-10 days ship time when I ordered, but now the site says 5-7 days. The estimated ship time is February 29th-March 5th with an estimated delivery of March 5th-11th... I just doubt the accuracy of these estimates. It's finally tying up the available credit on my credit card today... does this mean it should ship soon?

Well I ordered the 1.6/80/spanish keyboard (custom) on 2/18, i called today to check the status and the lady on the phone told me "is ready to ship, you can check the status online" (i know!! i do that everyday :) ), i did it again and still "estimated ship time is February 28th-March 4th" but now i just received the tracking number on my inbox :D

nicolasstanley

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2008
Did you get yours yet?

I ordered the 1.8/80 mba on the evening of 2/21 through my school, and they're not giving me any tracking info which is killing me. So if you got your then I theoretically get mine the next day. BTW where do they ship from?

Federico

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2008
South Florida
I ordered the 1.8/80 mba on the evening of 2/21 through my school, and they're not giving me any tracking info which is killing me. So if you got your then I theoretically get mine the next day. BTW where do they ship from?

My MBA from

SHANGHAI CN

they sent me the tracking number on feb 26 around 11.00pm EST (2/27 in Shanghai)

Estimated delivery
Mar 3, 2008 by 10:30 AM

But

Feb 27
10:26 AM
Left origin

SHANGHAI CN

Feb 28, 2008 11:19 AM

Arrived at FedEx location

MEMPHIS, TN

I will get it by Saturday (i'm sure) or maybe tomorrow :D (i live in Miami)

jacquiep

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2007
Hanover, NH

My tracking info says:
Feb. 28 at 6:42 pm: Package picked up (after FedEx cut-off)
at 6:47 pm: Left Origin; Shanghai, China
Feb. 29 at 2:37 pm: In transit; Shanghai, China

The FedEx estimated delivery is March 4, 2008 by 12:00 pm.
The Apple Shipment Notification e-mail said by March 3rd.

I'm hoping for March 3rd!

*Edit on 3/3: I'm typing this on my new MacBook Air! It arrived this morning :) No problems so far... *knock on wood*

stakis

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2007
Ordered from Apple Korea

Placed my order for my MB Air Yesterday (March 18th) from the Korea store, they are giving me a ship date of between March 27th and 31st..

iJeff

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2008
Here are some pics of my MBA:

DSC_5584.jpg

DSC_5586.jpg

DSC_5588.jpg

DSC_5590.jpg

DSC_5591.jpg

MBA vs 13" MacBook (middle) and 15" PowerBook (bottom)

DSC_5592.jpg

DSC_5597.jpg

MBA vs MacBook

DSC_5598.jpg

MBA vs PowerBook

DSC_5601.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.