Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JtheLemur

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2002
When is the delivery date? What delivery speed did you choose?

Delivery date is Feb. 20th, and is coming from China. Didn't get anything custom, just ordered the straight 1.8/SSD (that is, no iLife install or anything like that). Ordered via Apple Enterprise. Left it at the usual shipping option (referred to as "Bestway"); it's coming via FedEx.

sirozha

macrumors 68000
Jan 4, 2008
Ordered mine on Feb 5. The status is now showing as shipped Feb 16. No delivery estimate available yet.

JtheLemur

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2002
Delivery date is Feb. 20th, and is coming from China. Didn't get anything custom, just ordered the straight 1.8/SSD (that is, no iLife install or anything like that). Ordered via Apple Enterprise. Left it at the usual shipping option (referred to as "Bestway"); it's coming via FedEx.

Bam, in NJ! Should beat the delivery date, and get here on the 18th. :)

sirozha

macrumors 68000
Jan 4, 2008
Ordered mine on Feb 5. The status is now showing as shipped Feb 16. No delivery estimate available yet.

Update: I chose the standard delivery option (free). The status now shows delivery date Feb 20, by 10:30 a.m.

OCDMacGeek

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2007
Bam, in NJ! Should beat the delivery date, and get here on the 18th. :)

I'm jealous. I ordered on the same day as you (same configuration) and ours shipped at the same time. But even though I live in Montana (closer to AK) yours has arrived in New Jersey but mine only says "International shipment release" in Anchorage, AK! Must be patient, must be patient...

imapfsr

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2008
Victoria, B.C.
You guys are going to love it when it arrives. I have had mine now since noon yesterday and I still look at it in amazement. As quick or quicker than I would have thought and just so sexy baby !!!!!

errickson

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2008
I'm jealous. I ordered on the same day as you (same configuration) and ours shipped at the same time. But even though I live in Montana (closer to AK) yours has arrived in New Jersey but mine only says "International shipment release" in Anchorage, AK! Must be patient, must be patient...
Unfortunately, I don't think FedEx works like that (closer = quicker). All FedEx pkgs are routed through their hub, which I think is in Memphis, TN. That is likely why the NJ pkg was del'd sooner.

OCDMacGeek

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2007
Unfortunately, I don't think FedEx works like that (closer = quicker). All FedEx pkgs are routed through their hub, which I think is in Memphis, TN. That is likely why the NJ pkg was del'd sooner.

But I paid for 2 day shipping and he didn't! Ok, I'll stop whining now.

JtheLemur

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2002
New bag!

Since all my bags are just too big (in general, and too big for the Air) I treated myself to a new Booq bag. Always wanted one of their bags...

For the past two years or so, I've been using both an Oakley (love 'em) AP Computer Bag. It's on the large size, can withstand absolutely any abuse, and is a great overnight/2-night bag.

In addition, the free bag I got at GameFest 2007 turned out to be a surprisingly great bag. Smaller than the Oakley, thin, and about as wide. No-name manufacturer, but it stands up to a lot and is very functional.

Anyway! I picked up a Boa Slimcase S90, their smallest bag. So far, this might be the greatest bag ever. Incredibly small and thin, yet has a cavernous interior - plenty of room for the Air, books/paperwork, plenty of gadgets, lunch, big headphones and a camera. The fit and finish is superb - it has one of the greatest features I've seen on any bag: magnetic pocket closures! It's a subtle feature, but very welcome.

Definitely recommended! =D

sirozha

macrumors 68000
Jan 4, 2008
Update: I chose the standard delivery option (free). The status now shows delivery date Feb 20, by 10:30 a.m.

The status now shows: At local FedEx facility as of 7:09 AM on February 18. The delivery date is still February 20 by 10:30 AM.

I just called FedEx to see if I can pick it up, but was told to call the IP Direct Distribution department after 8:00 AM. I am going to give them a call in 15 min to see if I can pick up my MBA two days before the scheduled delivery.

sirozha

macrumors 68000
Jan 4, 2008
The status now shows: At local FedEx facility as of 7:09 AM on February 18. The delivery date is still February 20 by 10:30 AM.

I just called FedEx to see if I can pick it up, but was told to call the IP Direct Distribution department after 8:00 AM. I am going to give them a call in 15 min to see if I can pick up my MBA two days before the scheduled delivery.

I was waiting for the IP Direct Distribution department to open at 8:00 AM Central to call and see if I could pick my Macbook Air up, but they have just delivered it to my house -- 2 days earlier than they said they would.

sirozha

macrumors 68000
Jan 4, 2008
I was waiting for the IP Direct Distribution department to open at 8:00 AM Central to call and see if I could pick my Macbook Air up, but they have just delivered it to my house -- 2 days earlier than they said they would.

Last post in this thread. I am typing this on my new Macbook Air! The workmanship of this product is amazing! It's made in China, but it is a quality product for sure.

I was able to connect it to my wireless network in no time (except that the setup assistant couldn't connect it). I was also able to get to my Infrant ReadyNAS without any additional configuration. So, I have access to all of my centrally stored files. I have also installed MS Office 2008, which took about 15 min to install. Finally, I have installed all of the Mac OS X updates.

lewisozz

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2008
United Kingdom

Attachments

• IMG_0042.JPG
    IMG_0042.JPG
    404 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0043.JPG
    IMG_0043.JPG
    271.5 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0045.JPG
    IMG_0045.JPG
    282.1 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0047.JPG
    IMG_0047.JPG
    541 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0044.JPG
    IMG_0044.JPG
    334.3 KB · Views: 114

OCDMacGeek

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2007

I got mine two days early and I love it! No dead/stuck pixels, and I could not be happier.

JtheLemur

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2002
Got it this morning!

It's too heavy.

Well, heavier than I remember it being at MWSF.

Hehe.

Na, it's pretty awesome. ;)

EDIT: The SSD? So worth it. As long as I can pay for it. Erf.

Federico

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2008
South Florida
How is shipping times still waiting on my 2nd one.....

When did you order? on apple.com say 7-10 days, i ordered 2/18 (2 days ago) MBA 1.6/80gb/Spanish keyboard + some accesories (for my friend from South America), for now i have

Ships by: Feb 28 - Mar 4
Delivers by: Mar 3 - Mar 10
for the MBA

I just received the tracking number from fedex for the superdrive :D , i chose free shipping but i'm getting the stuff in 2 days (i received today the remote control, case, ethernet adapter and mighty mouse) from Menphis, TN (i Live in Miami)

chipchen

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2002
meanwhile... my local BestBuy has had a MacBook Air sitting in it's lockup cage for the past week...

OCDMacGeek

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2007
Apple Micro-DVI to Video Adapter?

I got my Macbook Air a few days ago and have been loving it! Its just plain awesome.

I do have a question though: I thought that the Apple Micro-DVI to Video Adapter (containing s-video and composite outputs) was supposed to come with it? I have the DVI and VGA adaptors, but to composite/s-video. Anyone else?

Federico

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2008
South Florida
I got my Macbook Air a few days ago and have been loving it! Its just plain awesome.

I do have a question though: I thought that the Apple Micro-DVI to Video Adapter (containing s-video and composite outputs) was supposed to come with it? I have the DVI and VGA adaptors, but to composite/s-video. Anyone else?

from apple.com

What's in the Box

* • MacBook Air
* • 45W MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord
* • Micro-DVI to DVI adapter
* • Micro-DVI to VGA adapter
* • Display polishing cloth
* • Install/restore DVDs
* • Printed and electronic documentation

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.