Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sknighti

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2008
this is my first mac I can't wait to play around with the MBA
Ships by: 6 Feb
Delivers by: 13 Feb
with express shipping to Toronto, Canada

ahaxton

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2008
i seriously doubt amazon will get MBA shipments "BEFORE" Apple

looks like theres already enough orders to move shipment back by a day
since newer orders now shipdate is the 7th instead of the 6th

Well actually its very possible Amazon orders might come faster.
Amazon, I have 1 day shipping for $3.99
Its possible Amazon will ship out more quickly than Apple's online pre-orders.

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
Mine now says "prepared for shipment"
Jan 15, 2008 at 03:19 PM PST - Order number xxxxxxx
View order details
Not yet shipped
Product Qty.
MACBOOK AIR SUPERDRIVE-GEN
Ships by: Feb 6
Delivers by: Feb 12
APPLE USB ETHERNET ADAPTER-INT
APPLE MAGSAFE AIRLINE ADAPTER-INT
Ships by: Feb 21
Delivers by: Feb 27

Prepared for Shipment
Product Qty.
MACBOOK AIR 13/1.6/2GB/80GB-USA

MazingerZ

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2007
Well actually its very possible Amazon orders might come faster.
Amazon, I have 1 day shipping for $3.99
Its possible Amazon will ship out more quickly than Apple's online pre-orders.

Apple will usually hold new models to their stores first...than have resellers have a crack at them.

aiongiant

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
ohhhh mine also now says
"Prepared for Shipment"
sweet! haha not exactly sure what it means thought lol casue my ship date is still the same but exciting hehe

PatMack

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2006
ohhhh mine also now says
"Prepared for Shipment"
sweet! haha not exactly sure what it means thought lol casue my ship date is still the same but exciting hehe

this is exciting! I hope this translates to MBAs shipping this week! Maybe also MBAs in retail stores. For once, Apple may be shipping before their estimated release dates for a new product.

Im ready to buy one for school use. Im just waiting to be able to buy it from my local Apple Store. I want to get a "hands-on" experience before I plop down the premium for that unique form factor.

kernyboy

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2007
Prepared for shipment?

So..does prepared for shipment mean Apple physically has them will go out any day now? Or is this a firm feb 2 week ship time? Hmmmm.

zapp

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2003
Caribou,ME
ordered jan 15 with SSD

nothing happening. I wonder if the SSD is slowing things down :mad:

I ordered with the SSD on the 15th and there is no change to mine as well. I guess that lightening fast HD is really slowing things down. I think we can make up the difference in ship times with increased productivity with the faster HD when we do get it.

Catch

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2004
London, UK
No change on mine either. Really happy for people that seem to be getting this sooner rather than later. Its almost embarrassing how much I am looking forward to getting this machine in my hands. Was a long time since a piece of tech excited me this much! :eek:

Oh and mines an SSD version also...

C

skyrider007

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2007
Bangkok
No change on mine either. Really happy for people that seem to be getting this sooner rather than later. Its almost embarrassing how much I am looking forward to getting this machine in my hands. Was a long time since a piece of tech excited me this much! :eek:

Oh and mines an SSD version also...

C

The UK price is outrageous. Did you buy from the Higher Educations store? Even with discount it's still more expensive than US price.

Catch

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2004
London, UK
The UK price is outrageous. Did you buy from the Higher Educations store? Even with discount it's still more expensive than US price.

Unfortunately not. I don't need to spend my 'own' money as my company pays for it. So with VAT and some tax relief its not as painful...

Having said that, I was stupid enough to show it to my wife, so now I am having to order another one! Just glad my kids are not old enough to have their 'own' laptops!

C

Cybergypsy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 16, 2006
Central Florida!
I ordered with the SSD on the 15th and there is no change to mine as well. I guess that lightening fast HD is really slowing things down. I think we can make up the difference in ship times with increased productivity with the faster HD when we do get it.

The HD is not that slow had it in a sony, also I bet in 6 months you could get a SSD 128G for the same price as a 64G LOL which i will do... Did you read the revies of the SSD?

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
I hope you know that the airline adapter that you ordered is not compatible with the MBA yet.

it was one of the MBA options. i'm assuming the even longer wait time for that is due to the fact it's a newer one, otherwise it would have shipped already, like the printer which i already received.

JasonBourne9

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2008
My Jan 15th ordered MBA is still showing "not yet shipped". I wonder if the standard configs will go out sooner and mine with the 1.8GHz is taking longer. For those of you who are seeing "prepared for shipment", do you have the standard base configuration?

kernyboy

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2007
My Jan 15th ordered MBA is still showing "not yet shipped". I wonder if the standard configs will go out sooner and mine with the 1.8GHz is taking longer. For those of you who are seeing "prepared for shipment", do you have the standard base configuration?

yup. I ordered a standard config and mine says prepared for ship (whatever that means)

aiongiant

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006

yea any custom order ones will take longer than the standard config
like the new mac pros.. a buddy of mine just ordered
standard config is like 1-2 days ship.. but if he customize anything it jumps to 3-5 weeks

Catch said:
Having said that, I was stupid enough to show it to my wife, so now I am having to order another one! Just glad my kids are not old enough to have their 'own' laptops!

hehe gotta please the wife lol :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.