Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bjohnson33

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2006
So you chaps aren't using Macrumorslive?

I was watching the Ars Technica live stream - I was very impressed! Easily the best live coverage I've ever seen. New posts came up every minute or so without reloading, and pictures were included as well!

Bjohnson33

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2006
Ok, enough with the Itunes Crap, where is the Tablet, that's what everyone is waiting for....Hey Apple are you listening........3+ years of rumors.....:mad:

I love these posts! As if Apple is responsible for rumors spreading around and getting people all worked up. It's not like they promised you anything and haven't delivered on it. They haven't even admitted that they're even working on something like that! Would people prefer they rush it out now, even though it's not fully done?

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
I love these posts! As if Apple is responsible for rumors spreading around and getting people all worked up.

I'm not defending the post you were responding to, but I could imagine that they actually do selectively spread rumors around. Of course, only when it fits into their game plan.

Bjohnson33

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2006
Actually, that's the bit that's got my jaw on the floor. 50 Million Mobile OS X devices in a little over two years.... I'm trying to think if there's anything out there that compares to that and struggling. It certainly makes portable games consoles look a little weak by comparison.

That's a good point! I hadn't thought of it that way. That's a huge amount of growth - going from zero to 50 million in the span of two years. I'm not totally surprised though... the first time I saw the iPhone, I thought it was amazing. With all of the rumours surrounding what it was going to be like, I don't think any were even remotely close to what Apple came up with. That drove a lot of people to start snapping them up!

Bjohnson33

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2006
Well they are hardly "better" if someone who can afford an iPhone/iPod doesn't buy one.

So yes, in some ways, they are poor gaming devices.

I wouldn't buy one...

John Siracusa from Ars Technica made a really good point about gaming on the iPhone, comparing it to the Wii. iPhone games seem to target the casual gamer, with games that can be played for 5 mins while you're standing in line somewhere. For people that want more in-depth gaming, the dedicated machines provide a more robust offering. I thought that was great observation.

Bjohnson33

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2006
I'm trying to decide whether they paid Apple to demonstrate or whether Apple paid them to fill up time.

I was just wondering that too! I wonder if Apple charges companies to make these presentations. It's a huge amount of exposure for the company and their app.

Bjohnson33

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2006
so with photo and tv show syncing in itunes, does this signal the death of the apple tv? maybe an apple tv/mini hybrid coming soon?!

I would love that! It seems like such a natural progression - combine the best of each into a single device. Perfect!

Bjohnson33

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2006
It's amazing how many decent games have been made without any additional controller. If they do add one in the future, the games could improve substantially.

Bjohnson33

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2006
So this means itues is not 64-bit eh?

I'm not sure why people are so eager for this. I'm not trying to be difficult, but why is it so important to you? If you were sat in front of a Mac running 32-bit vs 64-bit Snow Leopard, do you think you could tell the difference?

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
I didn't realize this until too late, but on the MacBreak Weekly podcast, they were trying to find an audio stream live from the event. They wouldn't say where they were looking for such a source though - anyone have any ideas of where to look next time for a live stream of the event?

I was watching the Ars Technica live stream - I was very impressed! Easily the best live coverage I've ever seen. New posts came up every minute or so without reloading, and pictures were included as well!

I love these posts! As if Apple is responsible for rumors spreading around and getting people all worked up. It's not like they promised you anything and haven't delivered on it. They haven't even admitted that they're even working on something like that! Would people prefer they rush it out now, even though it's not fully done?

I've spoken to a few people who said this was their favourite part of the whole presentation. Glad to see some people had their wishes come true :)

That's a good point! I hadn't thought of it that way. That's a huge amount of growth - going from zero to 50 million in the span of two years. I'm not totally surprised though... the first time I saw the iPhone, I thought it was amazing. With all of the rumours surrounding what it was going to be like, I don't think any were even remotely close to what Apple came up with. That drove a lot of people to start snapping them up!

John Siracusa from Ars Technica made a really good point about gaming on the iPhone, comparing it to the Wii. iPhone games seem to target the casual gamer, with games that can be played for 5 mins while you're standing in line somewhere. For people that want more in-depth gaming, the dedicated machines provide a more robust offering. I thought that was great observation.

I was just wondering that too! I wonder if Apple charges companies to make these presentations. It's a huge amount of exposure for the company and their app.

I would love that! It seems like such a natural progression - combine the best of each into a single device. Perfect!

It's amazing how many decent games have been made without any additional controller. If they do add one in the future, the games could improve substantially.

I'm not sure why people are so eager for this. I'm not trying to be difficult, but why is it so important to you? If you were sat in front of a Mac running 32-bit vs 64-bit Snow Leopard, do you think you could tell the difference?

Dude - it's 2009. Try applying some of that amazing new multi-quote technology

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.