Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sneak3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
I'm having such a hard time finding a sleeve that has a slim form factor and is able to carry the basic kit, the ipad with case+cover (not even keyboard cover) + pencil.

Anyone's got any suggestions?

sneak3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
So you got all the items I listed inside? case+cover and the pencil on the side?

sneak3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Thank you!

How tight is the fit?

Also, are you able to easily slide the pencil in and out when the ipad is inside?

Cascades42

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2016
UK
Thank you!

How tight is the fit?

Also, are you able to easily slide the pencil in and out when the ipad is inside?

The fit isn't tight and it isn't loose either. My pencil sticks a little on the way in, but I have a Pencil Cozy on it. Without that it slides in with no problem at all - this is storing the pencil vertically alongside the top or the bottom of the iPad Pro. There is also a big pocket across the front under the flap the pencil can lie in horizontally - though I don't store it that way.

Reactions: sneak3

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I got the Peralta Scarlett sleeve from SF Bags for my 9.7" iPad Pro and it fits my iPad with back clear case and Apple Smart Keyboard just fine. There is a slot on the outside for the Apple Pencil although I don't use that as I have their iPad Atelier accessories case. I'm sure the one for the 12.9" will work the same. It has padding too to protect the iPad. They say the Peralta line is market specifically to women but it's just a sleeve and the black one which I have is pretty much a unisex sleeve in my opinion. I don't have any problems using it. It works really well.

https://www.sfbags.com/collections/ipad-cases/products/peralta-scarlett-sleeve-for-ipad-and-macbook

Reactions: sneak3

tgara

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
I got the Peralta Scarlett sleeve from SF Bags for my 9.7" iPad Pro and it fits my iPad with back clear case and Apple Smart Keyboard just fine. There is a slot on the outside for the Apple Pencil although I don't use that as I have their iPad Atelier accessories case. I'm sure the one for the 12.9" will work the same. It has padding too to protect the iPad. They say the Peralta line is market specifically to women but it's just a sleeve and the black one which I have is pretty much a unisex sleeve in my opinion. I don't have any problems using it. It works really well.

https://www.sfbags.com/collections/ipad-cases/products/peralta-scarlett-sleeve-for-ipad-and-macbook

Their Sleeve Case for iPads has a pencil slot too.

https://www.sfbags.com/collections/ipad-cases/products/ipad-sleevecase

Features:
  • Lightly padded flap
  • Angled pocket in the back
  • Dedicated slot for iPad Pencil within iPad Pro Sleeves
  • Shock-absorbent neoprene interior
  • Vertical or horizontal orientation
  • Optional Suspensions strap with non-slip shoulder pad
  • TSA-checkpoint friendly (no need to take iPad out of SleeveCase)

I have an earlier model of this case, but without the pencil slot. I might have to upgrade.... :D

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I have the above Leatherology leather zippered pouch that will fit everything in. I paid $44 and will sell it for $25 shipped in the US. I've had it for one week and I want something flashier.

simbany1

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2011
Just placed an order for this sleeve in gray. I know it's a bit pricey, but it's custom made, made in the USA and the material is waxed canvas. I was looking at a Pack and Smooch that looked really nice (thanks Sparkomatic for the pics), but I had a feeling that I wouldn't like the wool material. I was also looking at the Waterfield Designs sleevecase (thanks again Sparkomatic) but didn't think I could deal with the velcro closure.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/255647994/ipad-pro-129-case-ipad-pro-97-sleeve?ref=shop_home_active_2

I wanted the zipper to be horizontal vs. vertical so I messaged the seller to see if that can be done. She responded quickly and said no problem and will also be putting in an adjustable pen loop inside (so that I can fit the Apple Pencil with the Moxiware magnet sleeve in). I'll post pics once I get it. May be several days since the seller has to make it from scratch. Really hope it will be a keeper.

sneak3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Would the Peralta or the SleeveCase fit the ipad with pen on the sides or at the top? I dont really like the idea of having the pen on the outside at all.

simbany1

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2011
Would the Peralta or the SleeveCase fit the ipad with pen on the sides or at the top? I dont really like the idea of having the pen on the outside at all.

With the Waterfield sleevecase, the Apple Pencil slot is actually not on the back under the mesh, like some of the pictures show. There is a slot, lengthwise, on the inside where the front cover folds. If I can find a picture of it, I'll post it up. It's nice and secure. I had it but returned it because I didn't realize I'd be bothered so much by the velcro closure. If it was magnet, I would have definitely kept it.

simbany1

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2011
You mean their SleeveCase? Is has a velcro tab really?

Yes it has a velcro tab. Their Peralta case has a magnetic closure, but it doesn't have a full flap to cover the entire opening. That's a reason why I liked the sleevecase and wish it had a magnetic closure.

sneak3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Oh thanks for that. Guess there's no other option for me other than the INATEK with the button closure.

simbany1

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2011
I ordered and just received today a Pack and Smooch sleeve. It's made out of wool, with a little bit of leather at the bottom. I waited a few weeks to order it because I wasn't sure about the wool, but after getting it today, it's very nice and sleek. I have my iPad Pro 9.7 in an Apple silicone case and the ASK and it fits nice and snug in the sleeve. I also have a smart cover that I fold up and place in the front pocket with the Apple Pencil in the leather loop. Everything is nice and compact and it feels good. A bit pricey but it's a very nice sleeve that I can use at the office or in a casual setting. The two magnetic closures are nice too. Shipping from Germany to NY only took about 6 days which was a nice surprise.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/290133...h_query=ipad pro 9.7 sleeve&ref=sr_gallery_24

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.