Looking for a leather iPad Pro 12.9 case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Jasmynp, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Jasmynp macrumors 6502

Jasmynp

2. Farrellcollie, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016

Farrellcollie macrumors 6502

3. kschles macrumors regular

kschles

4. rjtiedeman macrumors regular

I am looking for a cool sturdy back cover for the IPad Pro 12.9. It has to work with my Apple Smart Keyboard . The Urban Armor Gear case claims to work with the Apple keyboard but you can't see a picture of the 2 actually working . Any one out there have one post a image so I can see what it looks like. Thanks in advance. Any other combo would be great.

5. jlczl macrumors regular

I got rid of my Apple Smart Keyboard because I didn't really use it much but it worked great with my UAG case.

6. tagumcity macrumors member

Vaja makes premium leather cases. I have Vaja agenda case on my 6s plus and plan to order a case for my IPP 9.7.

7. Mac2me, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016

Mac2me macrumors 6502a

You should probably check out CURV cases. They make a line of genuine leather cases for the 12.9. http://www.cuvr.co.uk/#director

I recently bought and just posted comments and photos on their PU leather commuter case for my iPP. The design and detailing on it was great. I'm impressed with the company. Their a UK company and sell their cases through Amazon. I'm here in the U.S. and went with Amazon's free ship option and it went out within a few days or ordering. Even got a follow up hope-you're-happy email from CUVR the other day. If you want to look at my case to evaluate quality, here's the link to my thread on it. http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/cuvr-leather-ipp-12-9-carry-case-kickstand.1967897/ I do like having a traveling case to use. Didn't know if I'd like a PU vegan leather case, generally would have bought a genuine leather but wanted the handle and am very happy with it.

Here's the leather design I saw selling on Amazon (limited stock at this pricing):
    http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Leath...r=8-1&keywords=cuvr+leather+case+for+ipad+pro (Comes in 4 color choices)

8. lauramayer macrumors regular

lauramayer

9. kschles macrumors regular

kschles

Could you elaborate? What's so bad about it? Was thinking of getting one.

10. cargobrian macrumors member

cargobrian

I am also very interested in a nice leather case. I had the Stilgut and was not impressed.

11. Mosschops macrumors newbie

Mosschops

12. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Link doesn't work...

13. lauramayer macrumors regular

lauramayer

I does feel cheep.
    The cover have no magnet. You have only that leather band to close the cover. Its not practical.

14. Mosschops macrumors newbie

Mosschops

15. lauramayer macrumors regular

lauramayer

16. Mr.C macrumors 601

It depends on the case or sleeve and how it's designed. Some are OK. There are ones that have a protective lining around the inside which prevents the zip from coming into contact with the device and those are just fine.

17. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

I've been using my CURV commuter case for a number of weeks now, which has a zipper and carry handle, and never encountered a problem with the zipper scratching. The iPP sits inside a hard shell case which covers the sides of the iPP, so no scratching there. I like having a zipper to secure things I'm carrying with my iPP (including Pencil) and have no regrets buying it. Just a point of reference.

18. Mr.C macrumors 601

Not everyone uses a hard shell case. Scratching can happen with such cases and sleeves if there is not proper protection "built" in.

19. Catire_90 macrumors newbie

20. Mosschops, May 10, 2016
    Last edited: May 10, 2016

Mosschops macrumors newbie

Mosschops

This case does not have a zip
    --- Post Merged, May 10, 2016 ---
    They do sleeves to fit the 'naked' iPad, or the iPad Pro with keyboard. Some of the cases will hold the Apple Pencil (Think they're called Evo) If you use a Pro without a keyboard then the keyboard case is big enough to hold the iPad + Smartcover + Silicone back cover.

Customer service off Caroline at Harber London is fantastic :)

21. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

22. Mr.C macrumors 601

That's why I prefer nylon over other materials. Whilst it may not necessarily be water proof its at least water repellent and generally stronger then most other materials. I use the Scarlett Peralta sleeve from SF Bags/Waterfield which is made from ballistic nylon.

23. Catire_90 macrumors newbie

I actually just googled about wool felt and it's pretty impressive! I now understand why is so popular..

I don't doubt the expertise of the Smithsonian Craft sellers but unanimously almost everywhere I read everyone say is water resistant among other good properties..

I found this video from 6 years ago..

I guess if people leave it to soak like with almost every other fabric some absorption can happen?

Anyway, I do like the sleeve from Etsy that you brought up and don't really know what the Smithsonians have anything to do with it appart from the felt which is according to a lot of people actually water repellent? I would give it a thumbs up quite honestly and do share the same opinion as well about Ballistic Nylon that Mr. C mentioned, but what I read about ballistic nylon is that if you leave it under the sun for too long it looses resistance, but I couldn't find much info about it tbh..

Anyway thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences!

Will order that sleeve probably just for the sake of checking why you hate it so much hahahaha cheers! :D

24. pjh macrumors regular

pjh

Very true, felt is actually quite water repellent. After all, it's normally just compressed wool. If it gets saturated you're in trouble though as it will take ages to dry (if you force the drying process it'll warp) and probably smell like a damp dog for weeks. If your case gets that wet, your iPad is probably a gonner anyway.