Looking for testers - image recognition API

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by RecognizeIM, Jul 31, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi!
    Our startup created an image recognition API and it would be awesome, if you could help us with testing. :)

You can find our API at: www.recognize.im
    An example of what you can do with it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K57Q-LVE1XU

If you are interested in testing, please write in this thread.

For giving us feedback everyone will get the premium account for 30 days (also we'll have some other gifts for the most involved testers).

Best wishes
    Wojtek

2. macrumors regular

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Our API is invitation only (for now) and it seems that I can't send a PM via this forum - please send me an email at: wojtek.rutkowski@recognize.im and I will create an account for you.

4. macrumors 65816

You'll have to make more posts before PM is available to you. Keeps the spammers at bay or something.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

We just added an option to submit your email address at our homepage (if you are interested in testing) so there's no need to send me a message :)

6. macrumors 6502a

How does this work? It seems like its too good.

For example, the second wine image:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_QWYZYw7Ho...AAACM/01AgSJJO3sM/s200/Image099c_300_Valp.JPG

Can not be found by TinEye.com and that site is the largest I know to do image matching.
    This search link is only good for 72 hours:
    http://www.tineye.com/search/fa2ebc57c45a5284f081aeff5ec1d0e52efcc052/

The google image search feature on iphone isn't as fast as yours too.

So you outcoded those two giants?

For those who watch the video, the image that appears immediately after the picture is snapped is already the recognized search result, not the picture snapped.

7. macrumors 68040

They probably trained the app specifically on the small set of wine bottles that are found in that catalog, unlike Tineye which has to match against a huge database of random images. Each app has to be trained with examples of objects it is intended to recognize, which must be provided by the developer. It is not a pre-trained general purpose image recognition system.

8. macrumors 6502a

Your probably right. That would have limited use. BTW: I think this request is against forum rules.

9. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

As per the guidelines for Software Developers, asking for beta testers is allowed

As per the guidelines for developers, asking for beta testers is allowed

10. thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, the speed of our search depends on your Internet connection. In this video we were using a good wi-fi connection. The 3G search takes about 1 - 2 seconds.

Other elements affecting the search time are the size of the image database and amount of information which we send back. In this case we operated on a small database and we sent back a small amount of data.

This don't change the fact that our image recognition algorithm works pretty well (we spent the last 2 years on its development and improvement). In our app "SaveUp" (available for now only in Poland) the 3G search takes about 2 seconds and we have there a database that contains over 2 million products.

11. thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I would like to thank you all for your help in testing.

We are now in the middle of a little contest and if you send us your feedback about recognize.im API, you can win the New iPad (https://www.recognize.im/site/feedbackContest). If you want to try out our API, you can submit your email address at our homepage.

Best wishes,
    Wojtek