Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imamacguy17

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2002
more likely imac solutions

15"
800 MHZ
Nvida GeForce 4 MX
256 MB RAM
133 MHZ FSB
40 Gig HD
CD-RW
($1099)

15"
800 MHZ
Nvida GeForce4 MX
256 MB RAM
133 MHZ FSB
40 Gig HD
Combo drive
($1299)

17"
933 MHZ
Nvida GeForce4 MX
256 MB RAM
133 MHZ FSB
60 Gig HD
Super Drive
($1699)

17"
1GHZ
Radeon 9000
512 MB RAM
133 MHZ FSB
80 Gig HD
Super Drive
FW800
($1899)

As pricing goes this is the only scale i see. I dont see them continuing with a top of the line 15 that is identical the 17 I think the will add an addition top of the line and bring the 17 incher more along.

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
imamac...17, I agree with you. Right now inventory is such that they are adding models, not replacing models. So it makes sense to add the 17" 1GHz Superdrive as a new top end, and drop the prices on the others.

Same thing could happen on the eMac, but it's less likely.

As for cannibalizing Power Mac sales, I doubt it's much of a concern. Sales are very slow anyway, and people buy towers because they want to add cards and drives. Even if the iMac were faster than the PM, it wouldn't make much difference.

Shrek, your tar seems to have changed to a Titans helmet! I love Steve McNair and Eddie George as much as the next guy (and I loved that 'sunday morning' commercial, but they didn't run it this season), but the Raiders' continued success is worrisome.

Approx

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2002
Norway
Argh

I need a new power mac now... I am returning my MDD because of the noise. And i hoping for a new powermac in feb march, with lower noise.

I only need a computer with low noise and it has to be a mac, i dont want to switch back to pc hell.

I love my MDD but i hate it when i dont play music on it. ;)

JustAGuy

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
LotusLand
Re: Argh

Originally posted by Approx
I need a new power mac now... I am returning my MDD because of the noise. And i hoping for a new powermac in feb march, with lower noise.

I only need a computer with low noise and it has to be a mac, i dont want to switch back to pc hell.

I love my MDD but i hate it when i dont play music on it. ;)

You could always go and do what this guy did: http://home.tiscali.no/hkrabye/G4noise/G4MDDnoise1.html

Personnally, I don't think anyone could make a computer that's quiet enough for my tastes. I have a cube and I've replaced the default HD with a fluid bearing model and I still find it kind of loud. So my next step will be to get a full blown model and put it on the other side of the wall, like this guy did.

Of course, if the next MDDs have a noise level that approached normal, this task would be easier...

JupiterZen

macrumors regular
Re: Argh

Originally posted by Approx

I'm considering getting a Cube to replace my dual 800 Quicksilver. And max the Cube out with the dual 1Ghz or 1.2Ghz upgrade card from Powerlogix.

Biggles

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2002
Ohio
Re: pb bus

Originally posted by Ambrose Chapel

The 17" has a 167 bus and the 12" has a 133 bus.

wrong. look for yourself:

Attachments

• picture 1.jpg
    picture 1.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 196

JustAGuy

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
LotusLand
Looks like the image you attached basically sez that the 12" has a 133 bus and the 17" has a 167 bus. Unless there's something I'm missing?

Biggles

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2002
Ohio
where do you see 133 and 167? I see 266 for the 12" model and 333 for the 17"

Unless I'm looking at the wrong specs, I don't even see the number 167 come up (and 133 is only for the 15" model). Correct me if I'm wrong

WannabeSQ

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2002
Originally posted by Biggles
where do you see 133 and 167? I see 266 for the 12" model and 333 for the 17"

Unless I'm looking at the wrong specs, I don't even see the number 167 come up (and 133 is only for the 15" model). Correct me if I'm wrong

the 266 and 333 are the DDR ram speeds, the FSB is not DDR capable, so the effective speed is half that of the DDR Ram.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.