Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac Dummy

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2003
Would this be cool?

I tell y'all what would be cool is if Apple gave away a new 2ghz G5 in a random drawing. Everytime you purchased something from an Apple Store or Apple.com you would be entered to win. Just a thought. This $250 mystery bag business just isn't for me.

windowsblowsass

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2004
pa
its going to be a brown paper bag with a gift certificat or sdomething either that or a giant bag with an old imac(crt) in it and then the keyboard mouse and software;)

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by mrsebastian
just to make it interesting, what if this was apple's way of releasing say... the new powerbook g5 to one lucky winner! i know, i know, put your flame throwers down, but that would be a pretty cool marketing gimmick.

Oy, Apple will release what is probably their most important product to date and they'll announce it by giving one away to some schmoe who buys a lucky bag. Give me a break.

JtheLemur

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2002
Re: oh yeah. . .

Originally posted by wPod

i think there is an iPod mini in it
if not, then there is a mysterious new $250 product in it

Oh would you people just stop it already? :mad:

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Originally posted by carletonmusic
Wow - check out the SF Apple Store!!!

http://www.apple.com/retail/sanfrancisco/gallery.html

I just wish that Boston would get a Flag Ship Apple Store like that, I'm so jealous.

dmf, that is what I would call really loyal Mac fans. I can't imagine waiting in line for almost 24 hours. Not even sure that I would do if it if I was a lot younger.

My wife and I stood in line for almost 3 hours for the Panther opening. My reward was that I was #1 into the store.

Kagetenshi

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2004
Boston
Boston flagship store... that'd be nice...
Though the one in the Cambridge Side Galleria isn't bad, it's a nice little place.

~J

DaBuzz

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2004
San Francisco, CA
Originally posted by dmf
6 People are now inline as of now 11:54am

Man, that is hard-core...especially how busy that intersection is. I went by at lunch...a couple of them were all stocked up with potato chips, cookies, Coke,...lol

I couldn't even imagine asking my boss for the day off, much less telling my friends. "Gosh, guys, I'd love to go to dinner tonight, but I'm camping out in front of the Apple Store"...LOL

dmf

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2004
sf
so what time are you all standing in line?
Im gonna pass by at dinner time and see how long the line is. I doubt ill wait in line if it gets too long by the AM.

GloverCom

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2002
San Francisco
Several people in line already. Picture Posted!

I just walked over there and there are several people in line already.

Looks like I might have to get there even earlier than I wanted to!

Anyone willing to save a place for me, I'll have two chairs and a key to my building next door for bathroom breaks! :)

-- Jeff Glover
-- iChatters.com

Attachments

• image31.jpg
    image31.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,149

HasanDaddy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2002
Los Angeles
My sis was planning on waiting at around 8 AM and getting a lucky bag tomorrow

she just told me that, as of noon time today (Friday) the line was really long

I don't think she's getting a lucky bag anymore :(

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
Originally posted by ssnmx
Napster giftcard? LOL

My guess is:

* iPod mini
* .mac membership (do people actually buy it??) :confused:
* wireless mouse or keyboard
* Appleworks :(
* some accesory for the mini. Remote control, please.
* iTunes giftcard
* I hope not iLife, because everyone already has it... maybe the iSight... that'd be sweet
* I'm running out of ideas, but the Macworld membership sounds likely...
* Or maybe the non-Apple product would be the new Office, haha (I don't know if it was already released or when it will, but anyway...)

I wouldn't buy it, because I would just get stuff I don't need. The iSight would be the most interesting thing, but I really don't need one. If it were for free, though... :D

Any other ideas? :p

* Signed photo in frame of Steve Jobs on keyboard with garage band :p
* Special Limited edition 20 Anniversary Mac T-Shirt
* Next generation airport hub
* Old iPod stock :)
* Two button Apple BT Wireless Mouse with scroll wheel :eek:

:D

sockgap

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2003
The bag is clearly going to contain the same kind of stuff that was in the Tokyo Apple Store bags, and it will be stuff with a total cost of goods (to Apple) of less than $250.

For me, that means it's likely to hold a combination of things I already have (iLife, iTools membership, an iSight, Bluetooth adaptor, Panther) and things I don't have but don't want (Keynote, a useless one button wireless mouse, blank DVDs, training certificates).

I bet one or two bags out of the many will have an iPod, but the odds will suck.

oldschool

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by Chupa Chupa
That has to be one of the most ubsurd things I've read here. You are telling my you can't imagine that Apple can't come up with 200 iPod minis for a promotion that has been weeks in the making. Where did you go to B-School? If Apple wants to give away 200 minis, I assure you it can find the means to do so, and in a way that would not take from any retail store existing stock.

However, mystery bags are usually filled with overstock junke so it is more likely that a 10GB iPod would be in the bag, rather than a mini.

As Dilbert says:
You're mighty brave in cyberspace flame boy.

alset

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
Originally posted by HasanDaddy
My sis was planning on waiting at around 8 AM and getting a lucky bag tomorrow

she just told me that, as of noon time today (Friday) the line was really long

My plan was to show up around 3am. I slept all day so i could stay up tonight. I heard that a few people were already there, now this. I live in East Bay, so it's not convenient for me to check it out. Anyone been by? Maybe I should drive over and figure out what's going on.

Dan

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.