Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The Jackalopes train is running on a weakened ankle! :eek:

Better hope Manning avoids the injury bug that has bitten so massively this season.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Ugly week for the Jackalopes as well. It is hard to believe that at 10-1 we only have a one game lead in our division.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
whats up with the tie commish?

When there is a tie the win goes to the player whose WR's have the higher point total for that matchup. It stinks to lose that way. It's happened to me twice this year. Next year we are going to move to decimal scoring which should almost entirely eliminate the chance of a tie and thus make tiebreakers extremely rare.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
When there is a tie the win goes to the player whose WR's have the higher point total for that matchup. It stinks to lose that way. It's happened to me twice this year. Next year we are going to move to decimal scoring which should almost entirely eliminate the chance of a tie and thus make tiebreakers extremely rare.

as usual in FF, i don't agree with it.

how can it not goto bench if a tie is made?!

so i lose, even though my entire team scored more.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
as usual in FF, i don't agree with it.

how can it not goto bench if a tie is made?!

so i lose, even though my entire team scored more.

We used to use the bench score as a tiebreaker in previous years, but it became a point of contention and those in the league discussed it. The argument was made that bench players are on the bench for a reason. One of the key aspects of managing a team is making the hard decision of who to play and who to bench from week to week. Thus, when a team owner picks their starters they are choosing the players they want to use that week, the one's whose score they want to count. Using the bench as the tiebreaker rule forces a coach to use the players that he/she already "ruled out" for that week. Bench players could be on a bye or one coach may not have a complete bench because they moved a player to IR or missed a waiver claim, etc. etc..

Considering all the options and weighing the merits of the arguments that were made I decided that using the bench for the tiebreaker was not the best or most strategic choice. From that point forward we have used WR's as the tie breaker and we do that because it is the most balanced of the options we have considering our leagues are PPR scoring and every team starts 3 WR's. It balances out the risk more than other positions do.

As there have been multiple discussions this year regarding the tie breaker rule I am again considering the options and looking at potential changes for next year. I am almost certain that next year we will switch to a decimal scoring system so players are awarded for literally every yard they get whether rushing or passing. This should, for the most part, make ties a thing of the past.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Allright Jackalopes,

We're down to our last players, so tonight's game will decide the matchup. I have a 7 point lead and it's Garcon vs the 49ers defense. I'm optimistic about my chances, but as crazy as this season's been it's never over until it's over.

I'd wish you the best and all that sportsmanship stuff, but the truth is I really would love to get the victory thereby securing the division title and a first round bye. :D

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Allright Jackalopes,

We're down to our last players, so tonight's game will decide the matchup. I have a 7 point lead and it's Garcon vs the 49ers defense. I'm optimistic about my chances, but as crazy as this season's been it's never over until it's over.

I'd wish you the best and all that sportsmanship stuff, but the truth is I really would love to get the victory thereby securing the division title and a first round bye. :D

Back at ya, mscriv.:p

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
Close matchup for the Cheesechamps and I as well. Projected to end in a tie, hopefully it ends in a Who Dey?! win. Best of luck to everyone tonight! I'm holding on to that last playoff spot for dear life, just waiting to come alive in the playoffs. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.