Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

When is your Mac Pro Shipping?

• I already got my Mac Pro!

Votes: 31 29.2%
  • Shipping between August 25th and September 1st.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Shipping between September 2nd and September 9th

Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Shipping between September 10th and September 18th

Votes: 26 24.5%
  • Shipping after September 18th.......

Votes: 27 25.5%

• Total voters

macgeek2005

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
Does anyone know if you can change your order by phone? I.E. Change a custom option in your computer, as long as it hasn't entered the "cannot be canceled" stage.

kered22

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
Torrance, CA
It says you can add in Account Details, so I assume you can alter the individual parts of the order too. They'll be able to tell you tomorrow.

suneohair

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2006
Hey all. I ordered my Mac Pro last night with a 160GB. It is estimated as shipping next Friday, what are the chances it ships earlier than that? I am hoping for tomorrow or tuesday...

Spaceman Spiff

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2003
Renovatio said:
My Mac Pro is listed is "CANNOT be cancelled" ... my credit card is showing the amount as being billed ... oh dare I hope?

Strange, though. You posted earlier that you ordered on the 24th. I ordered mine with with ATI and Airport/BT on the 7th, and I can still cancel (haven't checked the credit card). Wonder what's happening there.

You realize I'll be seriously annoyed with you if yours ships before mine.

Renovatio

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2006
Granger, IN; USA
Xcat said:
Strange, though. You posted earlier that you ordered on the 24th. I ordered mine with with ATI and Airport/BT on the 7th, and I can still cancel (haven't checked the credit card). Wonder what's happening there.

You realize I'll be seriously annoyed with you if yours ships before mine.

Oh ... I am sure you will ... I know I would.

I wonder if it makes a different, but I ordered mine using my student discount in the education store. I highly doubt this makes a difference but it makes one wonder.

Maybe it is just a fluke in the web site. My available credit on my card is still down by about the amount of the purchase though. In any case I am trying to *expect* that this doesn't mean anything so I won't be too dissapointed if it proves to be the case.

macgeek2005

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
suneohair said:
Hey all. I ordered my Mac Pro last night with a 160GB. It is estimated as shipping next Friday, what are the chances it ships earlier than that? I am hoping for tomorrow or tuesday...

Did you get the X1900XT card in it?

kered22

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
Torrance, CA
Renovatio said:
Maybe it is just a fluke in the web site. My available credit on my card is still down by about the amount of the purchase though. In any case I am trying to *expect* that this doesn't mean anything so I won't be too dissapointed if it proves to be the case.
Out of curiosity, what is your Estimated ship and arrival dates now?

Spaceman Spiff

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2003
Renovatio said:
I wonder if it makes a different, but I ordered mine using my student discount in the education store. I highly doubt this makes a difference but it makes one wonder.

Evidently not. Mine was through the Education store as well. Though I am Canadian. Canada shipping may be different.

mustard

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2005
NJ
I ordered the following on 8.7.06 with a ship date of 9.13.05 / deliver date of 9.20.06

Mac Pro

Dual 2.66GHz Xeon
250GB HDD
2GB Ram (4 X 512Mb)
2 X Super Drives
Airport / Bluetooth
X1900XT
Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse

Plus the awesome 30 inch ACD I have been forced to use on my MBP

macgeek2005

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
Renovatio said:
My Mac Pro is listed is "CANNOT be cancelled" ... my credit card is showing the amount as being billed ... oh dare I hope?

Your Mac Pro has a X1900XT in it?

kered22

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
Torrance, CA
It sure does. :) It's gotta be those 2 30" Cinemas. LOL Someone at Apple had their eyes pop out of their head when they saw that and said "WHOAH! We're getting loads of money, this has to go first!"

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/2763535/

Looks like you were right, this may very well be THE week. Now the question pops into my head about how many X1900s are in this initial batch they've gotten. I hope I don't get stuck for another 2 weeks. :(

macgeek2005

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
kered22 said:
It sure does. :) It's gotta be those 2 30" Cinemas. LOL Someone at Apple had their eyes pop out of their head when they saw that and said "WHOAH! We're getting loads of money, this has to go first!"

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/2763535/

Looks like you were right, this may very well be THE week. Now the question pops into my head about how many X1900s are in this initial batch they've gotten. I hope I don't get stuck for another 2 weeks. :(

I ordered mine on the 22nd! How can yours be uncancelable already!

Are you SURE it's the Mac Pro that can't be cancelled? And not some other part of the order?

kered22

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
Torrance, CA
Well theirs, not mine. LOL I wish mine would change (still stuck with September 19th ship and 21st arrival), hopefully later this week.

If you check post #45, Renovatio says the MacPro can't be cancelled anymore and the credit card has been charged. By law (in most states at least), you can't charge a credit card until the product is going to ship or is being assembled. So hopefully this is it and the X1900 systems will start shipping by later Monday, here's hoping at least. :)

Renovatio

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2006
Granger, IN; USA
macgeek2005 said:
Your Mac Pro has a X1900XT in it?

Yes, and the Airport/Bluetooth module.

macgeek2005 said:
I ordered mine on the 22nd! How can yours be uncancelable already!

Are you SURE it's the Mac Pro that can't be cancelled? And not some other part of the order?

I really have no idea ... but I am sure that it is the Mac Pro the cannot be cancelled.

After some further investigation I have found that they charged my one credit card (I had to put the order on two cards) the partial amount but they have not charged my other credit card ... strange.

I think I am going to call up Apple this afternoon and just ask the rep if I can change some CTO options since it is not yet shipped. See what they have to say. Of course, I'll report back.

My estimated ship date is still listed as 21 Sep with a 28 Sep arrival time.

I have attached a screen shot of the cancell items page. :)

Chris

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 121

Renovatio

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2006
Granger, IN; USA
Update: all of a sudden my one credit card has all it's available credit left. I wondered if this might be a fluke ... however, I am still uncancellable.

Still calling Apple as soon as they wake up over on the west coast.

Chris

glassbathroom

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2004
London
Renovatio said:
Update: all of a sudden my one credit card has all it's available credit left. I wondered if this might be a fluke ... however, I am still uncancellable.

Chris

Isn't it uncancellable because they have picked some of the items (not the Mac Pro). This doesn't necessarily mean that they have the Mac Pro ready.

Just a thought. I hope that I am wrong.

Renovatio

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2006
Granger, IN; USA
Glassbathroom said:
Isn't it uncancellable because they have picked some of the items (not the Mac Pro). This doesn't necessarily mean that they have the Mac Pro ready.

Just a thought. I hope that I am wrong.

Yeah, could very well be. I guess I assumed that you could cancel individual items as long as they weren't shipped yet. *sigh* The waiting is getting to me ... and I haven't been waiting for it that long! I can't imagine what some of you must be feeling that bought right when it came out and are still waiting!

Glen Quagmire

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2006
UK
Renovatio said:

Chris

Same happened here: a Mac Pro-sized amount of credit vanished (but no charges showed up). Now I have my entire credit back! My order is still cancellable, however.

I just configured a Mac Pro exactly like mine at the Apple Store and it shows a wait of between 3 and 4 weeks. When I ordered mine a week ago, it was showing between 3 and 5. I guess the shipping estimates really aren't that accurate (as others have said before).

ampd

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2006
Renovatio said:
Yeah, could very well be. I guess I assumed that you could cancel individual items as long as they weren't shipped yet. *sigh* The waiting is getting to me ... and I haven't been waiting for it that long! I can't imagine what some of you must be feeling that bought right when it came out and are still waiting!

I've been waiting since I ordered on the release day...

I think im officially insane now...

Renovatio

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2006
Granger, IN; USA
Glen Quagmire said:
Same happened here: a Mac Pro-sized amount of credit vanished (but no charges showed up). Now I have my entire credit back! My order is still cancellable, however.

I know Apple pre-authorised both my cards at the time of purchase because I lost in available credit the whole sum of the order including the Mac Pro and then got it back the next day before they started billing me for shipped items.

So, this leads me to cautiously optimisticly *guess* that perhaps this means they are doing one final pre-authorisation before they start building the computer? I may be way off and this guess is entirely uneducated ;)

Chris

macgeek2005

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
Renovatio said:
Yes, and the Airport/Bluetooth module.

I really have no idea ... but I am sure that it is the Mac Pro the cannot be cancelled.

After some further investigation I have found that they charged my one credit card (I had to put the order on two cards) the partial amount but they have not charged my other credit card ... strange.

I think I am going to call up Apple this afternoon and just ask the rep if I can change some CTO options since it is not yet shipped. See what they have to say. Of course, I'll report back.

My estimated ship date is still listed as 21 Sep with a 28 Sep arrival time.

I have attached a screen shot of the cancell items page. :)

Chris

They have definetaly began building your Mac Pro, if that's what the page looks like.

But I cringe in horror at the two 500GB hard drives.....

If you had put Slot one as 160GB, and didn't put anything in slot 2, 3 or 4, you would've been able to buy 3 MORE 500GB 7200.10 hard drives from OWC, with money to spare.

That would leave you with 1560GB vs. 1000GB. It's like getting a bonus 560GB for less money!!

Renovatio

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2006
Granger, IN; USA
macgeek2005 said:
But I cringe in horror at the two 500GB hard drives.....

If you had put Slot one as 160GB, and didn't put anything in slot 2, 3 or 4, you would've been able to buy 3 MORE 500GB 7200.10 hard drives from OWC, with money to spare.

That would leave you with 1560GB vs. 1000GB. It's like getting a bonus 560GB for less money!!

Yeah, goofed here.

I did that with the RAM and bought additional RAM from a third party but for some reason it didn't even cross my mind to do the same with the HDs ... oh well I'll try not to kick myself too hard :rolleyes:

Mr. Mister

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2006
macgeek2005 said:
I've got a bit of a problem on my hands here.

I've decided to cancel my order, and reorder with a 160GB hard drive. It's a much better deal. I can then buy 2 320GB hard drives from Newegg!

However, the iPod that was in the order with the Mac Pro has already shipped.

If I cancel the Mac Pro now, does that mean I can never get the rebate on the iPod?
They have to be on the same order. There is no turning back, young padawan. :(

BTW, did you happen to get that hard drive wisdom from me?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.