Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

After high expectations of an iBook revision today, ThinkSecret claims that the MacBook release was postponed due to low inventory of the unreleased MacBook. The next date being targeted is May 16th, 2006. (aka "Next Tuesday").

Many readers may be disappointed in the lack of release, but Appleinsider also reiterates an imminent release within the next few weeks.

Meanwhile, the "MacBook" slip-up on Apple's site also feeds speculation that the MacBook will be arriving shortly. Apple's last web mishap (iWeb) predated the iWeb announcement by 5 days.

nylon

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2004
What a load of rubbish. Thinksecret is simply covering up. I'll believe it when I see it.

macgeek2005

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2006
kkapoor said:
What a load of rubbish. Thinksecret is simply covering up. I'll believe it when I see it.

Be about it. All your phony storytelling, I can do without it.

As unknown prophets would say......

razzmatazz

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2006
Texas
I don't mind the delay. I want one when they come out but don't have the money right now. Oh well hopefully they will have the bugs fixed out by the time I have enough for one.

danielwsmithee

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2005
Why don't they just say the truth. We know it will be released on a Tuesday in the next two months!

Romanesq

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2003
Hoboken
Delayed as they are waiting.....

for the integrated graphic chipsets to be made in sufficient volume.
But the Chinese plant is now making a good acceptable quantity now.

Leesure

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2006
And next tuesday it will be the following tuesday, and so on, and so on...

Now I know how Sisyphus feels.:(

ionos

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2006
Portland, OR.
When it's done.

When Apple announces a special 'meeting', then you'll know.

I seriously doubt they'd even consider downplaying something of this importance.

iDrinkKoolAid

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2005
I can't even play Second Life smoothly on my 1.5 GHz PowerBook G4 12-inch. Same goes for when I try to use Virtual PC and Photoshop (on the Mac side) simultaneously. In both instances, my CPU usage shoots up to 99%. Even a slower Core Duo would be a monumental speed increase. A smaller form-factor Apple laptop cannot come sooner for me.

Math.PI

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2006
Elsewhere.
Here we go again...

I doubt a supply problem was really the issue. While there'd probably be a shipment delay like the MBPs so I do not really believe that they would hold for supply issues, I think Apple knows how popular they were going to be. It just was not going to be released today.

mac-x

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2006
cool lets make it to #1000 again! yihaa ;)
Yea told u, this is the best coverup they can come up with, short supply yeah right...
next tuesday wont be for sure, more like 23th because of the ibook rebate coupons some received till 21th
Its better they make a new rumor, MACBOOK IN JUNE, because that every tuesday thing is getting old....
Im sure they cant even predict it when a day before, an with just guessing everytime eventually its gotta be right...
Lets forget macbook im thinking MBPro

blakemsf

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2004
Think Secret is Lame

They have been wrong way more times than AI. Although I do believe it will be next week, maybe Tuesday but I would put my money on next Friday.

PS Steve I really need a laptop ASAP so hopefully it will be this month!

Leoff

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2004
Let's say the reasons for a delay was true, that they wanted to beef up production so they have plenty in stock...

Is one frigging week really gonna make supply all that much better?

GooMan

macrumors regular
May 8, 2006
USA
Apple is just about to accomplish its goal. I am almost ready to say screw it and buy a MacBook Pro. :(

Of course, as soon as I do they will launch the MacBook the next day.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
danielwsmithee said:
Why don't they just say the truth. We know it will be released on a Tuesday in the next two months!
Even that isn't guaranteed. Apple sometimes picks other days of the week. And who knows: Apple may fool us by not releasing something called MacBook at all!

Something else to speculate on: If Apple plans an announcement and then finds inventory is too low or some last-minute flaw in the product, how close to the date of the planned announcement can they get and still change their mind and stop the roll-out machinery (news releases, press interviews, Store promos, website changes, ad campaigns)? A week? A day? An hour?

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Leesure said:
And next tuesday it will be the following tuesday, and so on, and so on...

Now I know how Sisyphus feels.:(

You mean the burning sensation? :eek:

blackstone

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2005
Washington, DC
blakemsf said:
They have been wrong way more times than AI. Although I do believe it will be next week, maybe Tuesday but I would put my money on next Friday.

PS Steve I really need a laptop ASAP so hopefully it will be this month!

Hmm...how much money would you put on it? :D

ionos

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2006
Portland, OR.
Tradition folks. Look at that.

There really hasn't been anything major introduced without a 'Steve and pony show' for a long time, if memory serves. If Apple thought it would be such a big deal to sales and whatnot, don't you think it'd be out by now?

Then there's always the stockholders to keep happy from quarter to quarter.

I know it sucks to wait, but when you're not in control of the circumstances, what can you do? (other than bitch of course).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.