Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firsttube

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2004
longsilver said:
If it can do desktop/video mirroring, can I take it that it will do so while closed? (Am I right in thinking that the iBook couldn't?)

It can span up to 23" Cinema HD Display, full resolution.

Cedd

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2006
Nr London, UK
Cedd said:
Hope everyone is ready to start moaning about lack of teleport facilities / inclusion of integrated graphics...

:cool:

I take it back - evidently it can (nearly) do teleportation:

"Next best thing to teleportation

Make short work of long distance when you video chat with friends and family over the Internet using your built-in iSight. Simply launch iChat AV, then click the video icon of a buddy to turn on iSight, and you’re good to go. Without going anywhere at all."

:rolleyes:

PJJames

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2006
I checked out the macbooks the other day at my apple store...theyre amazing. I'm definatly getting a black on as soon as I can sell my powerbook.

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
Cedd said:
Hope everyone is ready to start moaning about lack of teleport facilities ...

:cool:

That will be introduced with the Space Camp beta in June, and will run on all Intel Macs.

borschsvadorsch

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2006
I got a $60 discount from APPLE for complaining about the macbook shipping delay!

Get this... I called apple to cancel my order yesterday because it was taking so long to ship...

I explained to the agent on the phone that I figured, why not just go pick one up at the apple store? They've got plenty in stock... He promptly offered me the option of cancelling the order, or getting a $60 discount for waiting! Very cool. You can guess which option I chose.

If you call and the agent isn't so generous off the bat, make a little stink and I'm sure they will accomodate. I imagine the agents have been pre-authorized to give discounts...:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.