Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
I hate to say it, but this reminds me of that doofus over at MacNet2 who cracked his 17" screen, and wanted Apple to repair it.

He claimed he just woke up and it was cracked. Apple told him to go pound sand.

He wrote many angry articles about it, everyone got worked up, and finally the guy disappeared after enough readers with experience in glass, computers, etc., pointed out the flaws in his stories.

I'm not saying this is the case. All I am saying is that a whole bunch of these have shipped, and one random dude with cats has had a problem. And the cleaning the computer before hand is highly suspect, IMHO.

raster

macrumors regular
May 15, 2005
West
Does anyone think it might have been more than a "Request" from Apple.
They do seem to have 3 shifts of Lawyers working around the clock.

Arcus

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2004
of my hand will get me slapped.
Well, I just peed on my iBook and the charger blew up. For the record it does not have a mag safe connector.

I need to go to the liquor store now, Im going to pee on my iMac to see if anything happens to that.

I see a bad track record for pee and Apples building....

ScottB

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2005
Britain
Wow, I hope this dosn't turn into a problem for the new MacBook Pros, or even the MacBook later this year. Even though it's one guy, who wasn't even there, it still could be dangerous.

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
MukelG said:
Definitely not rust on the outside plastic. Isn't anyone here a pyro? Sheesh. When you burn plastic [or just heat it up nice 'n good] it gets all bubbly and toasty.

PS Cat Definitely at fault.

These pictures look bad, but since nobody else has suffered this kind of problem, I would bet that there is something else involved. What is bad is the press. I was kind of hoping for this kinds of connectors.

Some plastics, particularly in electronics, have a bromine compound added to reduce prolonged burning. Bromated plastics are supposed to be slowly phased out due to environmental concerns. While this looks grim, it doesn’t look like the plug kept burning, but rather put it's self out. The plastic also looks to be of the thermo set type, which means that instead of just softening, it chars and chemically changes. This kind of plastic is generally more expensive.

Anybody remember the Yo-Yo power adapter problems. I never had the issue, until I started unrolling the cord to the end. One day sparks and apple sent me a new power adapter no questions asked.

As far as cat pee, think about how the cat felt!

sartinsauce

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2006
Los Angeles
Jay42 said:
Dude, you should have seen it when those "iPod Video" pictures came out a couple weeks ago!

Yeah, that was a good time. Very CSI. My heart actually raced and my gut clenched as we all played 'prove it or not'.

yac_moda

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2002
Does anybody know a good insurance company to get Puss Cat insurance from for my MacBook and how much it would cost :confused:

(L)

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2005
No
Laser47 said:
C.) (Most Probable)
The cat was using the MBP and was amazed by the speed of the Core Duo processor causing the cat to lose its bladder over the MBP.

Lol.

sugarkane

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2006
bondi beach
how about getting the mith busters to check out the cat pee thing then we could all sleep better at nite ( and they love blowing up stuff!!!! )

sk

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.