Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marmiteturkey

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2005
London
If you don't mind me asking how is the fit on the Ryan sleeve? Is the leather tight so that it feels like you have to force the laptop in? Thanks.
No, it’s not tight; it slides in and out easily. If I held it by the sleeve the laptop would slide out freely. That’s fine for me, and it’s clearly tailor made, and hasn’t stretched since I bought it, but if you want tight you should look elsewhere.

Reactions: outlawarth

outlawarth

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2011
No, it’s not tight; it slides in and out easily. If I held it by the sleeve the laptop would slide out freely. That’s fine for me, and it’s clearly tailor made, and hasn’t stretched since I bought it, but if you want tight you should look elsewhere.
This is perfect as I don’t want tight. Just ordered one for my M2. Thank you.

Clockwerk

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2023
I’m picking up my 14 inch macbook pro tomorrow and i’m torn between three cases. They’re the incase icon sleeve, tomtoc 360 protective, and bellroy’s laptop sleeve. Can anyone give me their experiences with these cases and what they’d recommend? The incase and bellroy one seems nice since they’re magnetic.

Reactions: racostaf

racostaf

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2015
Colombia
I’m picking up my 14 inch macbook pro tomorrow and i’m torn between three cases. They’re the incase icon sleeve, tomtoc 360 protective, and bellroy’s laptop sleeve. Can anyone give me their experiences with these cases and what they’d recommend? The incase and bellroy one seems nice since they’re magnetic.
I have a similar decision to make but unfortunately for me the Incase is not available (MBP 16" 2021), which would be a clear decision since I used that model with another computer and was the best! Right now I'm undecided between tomtoc 360 protective, and bellroy’s laptop sleeve

Clockwerk

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2023
I have a similar decision to make but unfortunately for me the Incase is not available (MBP 16" 2021), which would be a clear decision since I used that model with another computer and was the best! Right now I'm undecided between tomtoc 360 protective, and bellroy’s laptop sleeve
I’ve heard that the tomtoc can leave marks on the laptop apparently, bellroy’s magnets being too weak to properly close, and Incase being super tight that it’s a hassle to take the mac in and out of the sleeve. I’m still not sure on what to buy, but I might just try the tomtoc for now as I need a sleeve to travel with atm

PailMerk

Suspended
Feb 1, 2023
I’ve heard that the tomtoc can leave marks on the laptop apparently, bellroy’s magnets being too weak to properly close, and Incase being super tight that it’s a hassle to take the mac in and out of the sleeve. I’m still not sure on what to buy, but I might just try the tomtoc for now as I need a sleeve to travel with atm
Tomtoc for me (MacBook Pro 13"), Caudabe Sheath (15 Pro Max), job done :)

Clockwerk

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2023
Anyone have the Native Union sleeves? How have they held up over the years? Looking to get the Stow Slim thanks to the discount code they have on the site atm.

gui0312

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2015
Anyone have the Native Union sleeves? How have they held up over the years? Looking to get the Stow Slim thanks to the discount code they have on the site atm.
I actually just received my native union sleeve for my MBP 16 2023 and it seems to be a VERY tight fit, almost to the point I feel it's going to etch the space black coating on mine with the zipper taking it out. Also, I notice it attracts a lot of lint with the material they use. It was $47 on amazon, I find it hard to find a quality leather option for the 16" M3 Pro.

Clockwerk

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2023
I actually just received my native union sleeve for my MBP 16 2023 and it seems to be a VERY tight fit, almost to the point I feel it's going to etch the space black coating on mine with the zipper taking it out. Also, I notice it attracts a lot of lint with the material they use. It was $47 on amazon, I find it hard to find a quality leather option for the 16" M3 Pro.
Thanks, I actually just went with the Tomtoc case since it's a lot cheaper. I thought I'd just use the money to save up for a 1440p high refresh rate monitor or maybe a 4k60hz one in the near future since the 14 inch is a bit small for home use.

reserves

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2009
IMG_6108.png
IMG_6108.png
Does anyone know where I can find a sleeve like this for the M2 MacBook Pro 14" ?

I loved this sleeve for the simplicity, I'd rather not have zips etc. this didn't have zips but still it felt like the laptop was protected.

View attachment 2237592

Still looking!!!! 👀

Can anyone help me find a case like this for the 14” MacBook Pro

Can’t understand why every case has a metal zip. It’s not needed (hate zips)

Reactions: rb2112

jamdex

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2012
Manchester UK
Love my new Briggs & Riley case

outlawarth

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2011
Just got the Ryan sleeve for my M2 MBA. It is an extremely tight fit which makes me think they sent me the wrong one. Unfortunately, I will have to reach out to them.

DCIFRTHS

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2008
What causes the marks, and where do the mark happen on the computer? Are the marks scratches?

MR1324

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2010
Hi all!

I've been a big fan of the tomtoc cases and just made a review on one of them. I hope this helps those who are considering this brand of cases.

Reactions: Spocky

richardpage

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2014
I spent many hours looking for a hard case to protect my MBP Max 96GB 4TB as it cost a lot! However, I have not succeeded in my quest. But that said when at home I have found this case which I use whenever I move from upstairs to downstairs or room to room.

Here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006254354123.html? The 14-15.4 inch variant takes my MBP 16 inch beautifully (note the 16 inch is screensize not the physical MBP dimensions which are smaller: Height: 0.66 inch (1.68 cm) · Width: 14.01 inches (35.57 cm) · Depth: 9.77 inches (24.81 cm).

Another alternative case where you can also remove the clasp. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005963004024.html?

In my case, I modified the case by removing the zip clasp and glueing the end of the zip so it remains closed. Why do this? Because the last thing I want is a metal clasp which protrudes to dent the MBP when I put the laptop down. And anyway, there is a non-zipped pocket on the other side where one can slip a sheet of paper in if one needs to.

Clasp.png

IMG_2221.jpg

And here is a photo of the case. You can see the zip clasp here for that pocket. I removed that.

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 09.36.25.png

Note that the zip to close the case has a protective bead so that the zip will not scratch the MBP.
Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 09.38.13.png

Last edited:

DCIFRTHS

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2008
The marks are caused by the side rubbers, they are worn and not aesthetically pleasing, consider shadows of circles on the front and back of the machine
Do you mean the inside protection has worn away and exposed rubber cushioning?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.