Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The first 13 and 15-inch MacBook Pro models equipped with a Touch Bar will soon be making it into the hands of customers, as initial MacBook Pro orders have shifted into the "Preparing for Shipment" stage.

Customers who ordered a MacBook Pro right when it became available for purchase on October 27 received shipping estimates ranging from November 17 to November 25, and with orders ready to go, it appears customers will begin receiving their machines next week.

macbook_pro_2016_preparing-800x286.jpg

According to reports from MacRumors readers, it looks like 15-inch MacBook Pro models and custom ordered machines will be shipping out in the near future. We aren't yet seeing reports of order changes for 13-inch machines, but those should also be going out soon.

New MacBook Pro models sold out quickly, with shipping estimates slipping from 2-3 weeks to 3-4 weeks within a matter of hours after they went on sale. It is not yet known when stores will begin receiving supplies of the new MacBook Pro, but right around November 17 is a good guess.

Last week, Apple's Phil Schiller said Apple has received more online orders for the new MacBook Pro than for any previous-generation MacBook Pro. Sales estimates from Slice Intelligence have also suggested the new MacBook Pro has already outsold all competing laptops in 2016, despite its high price tag.

Pricing on the 13-inch MacBook Pro with a Touch Bar begins at $1,799, while pricing on the 15-inch Touch Bar model begins at $2,399.

Update: Several MacRumors readers are now seeing "Preparing for Shipment" updates on 13-inch MacBook Pro orders as well.

Article Link: First Touch Bar MacBook Pro Orders Now Preparing for Shipment [Updated]

Last edited:

BlackLight

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2008
That's cool and all but my iPhone 7 Plus Black 128GB still shows processing after a week. Speed this up Apple!!

Last edited:
Reactions: puckhead193

Kangastu

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2016
Still processing for me in Australia. Got my order in about 3 minutes after the keynote finished. Hope this changes today.

rawdawg

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2009
Brooklyn
Whether I buy one will depend on the teardown confirmation regarding user upgradability. At that price i'm not paying Apple to install RAM or their expensive SSDs. I would welcome a PC equivalent if I had faith in its longevity and OS. Otherwise I'm putting up with an obsolete machine

Smoovejayy

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2012
Whether I buy one will depend on the teardown confirmation regarding user upgradability. At that price i'm not paying Apple to install RAM or their expensive SSDs. I would welcome a PC equivalent if I had faith in its longevity and OS. Otherwise I'm putting up with an obsolete machine
Do you really think apple will allow users to upgrade machine?

matteomanfredi

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2016
Italy
The SSD is definitely not upgradeable, as well as the RAM. The SSD is not overpriced, though, considering the performances!

Seansafc89

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2016
Stuff like this just makes me paranoid about my own order! I have terrible luck :eek:

17th - 24th but no payment has been taken yet and it's still on processing order. I'm in the UK if that makes any difference.

Reactions: TiquanS

azntaiji

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2014

Even it is somewhat upgradeable, I would only expect the storage to be, and using a proprietary socket like the most recent models before Touchbar. Making it quite an expensive upgrade, IMO you're better off getting the storage you need now than later with these models.

cmanbrazil

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2010

So that's your way of stating that you are not going to buy one. Understood. I hope mine comes on time, the first week of December, although I will be out of the country when it arrives. I wonder if they will automatically reduce the price of the 4k monitor I ordered?

Jens1983

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2016
Berlin, Germany
Hi. Mine is also still processing. Anyhow, I would like to know if anyone can already see his device at getsupport.apple.com? Thanks for the information.

Greetings from Berlin

Jens

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.