Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
I really hope that they just include an updated version of the keyboard on the current MBP, I hate the keyboard on the MBA and MBs. I wouldn't want a smaller touchpad, but keeping the "boxy" shape on the current MBP is great. I guess we'll have to see what happens, but I'd be really pissed off if they put the "chiclet" keyboard on the MBP.

inkhead

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2005
This image is absolutely not fake. I don't care what o'grady tells you. Maybe this is only a prototype, but it's 100% real.

I'll bet $5000 on it.

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
So someone please tell me why we should have any faith in the comments of O'Grady.
Because he said the Mac tablet would be here by about now… oh wait…

To be fair though, release dates do change from rumors' dates.

3jpc95

Mockup

Note the plastic display cover doesn't dent or cover the wireless antennas. When closed it would be just a black macbook.
Bingo! That was exactly what I was thinking! Now I can see an actual mockup of it instead of it just being in my head. :D

Seriously. This is retarded, Apple made the MacBook Air trackpad BIGGER BECAUSE OF MULTI-TOUCH, if they make the MacBook Pro's trackpad smaller when adding more multi-touch it would be the stupidest thing ever!
Completely agreed, especially for a larger notebook.

Any idea of what kind of graphics card it will have?
Midrange GPU, nothing higher. I can also see a low-end GPU in the low-end model (like the iMacs) especially if it's cheaper than $1999.

Which rumour do you believe is more realistic/plausible?
AppleInsider's, although if they nail the tablet, then I might change my mind.

This image is absolutely not fake. I don't care what o'grady tells you. Maybe this is only a prototype, but it's 100% real.

I'll bet $5000 on it.
How are you so sure?

bananabar

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2008

I'll bet $5000 on it.

I'll take that bet!

I don't think it's true, but I love the idea of the trackpad being a second screen.

(by the way, do you want to know where to send the cheque?)

C'mon 15.6 inch 16x9 screen! give us real High Definition!

Since when is that not real HD? Casio have just shown-off a 2-inch HD screen.

EsquireMac

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2008
O'Grady also believes the new MacBook Pro will be thinner and "as much as a half-inch narrower" than existing models.

I very much doubt this. Current MBP is already less than 1 inch thin. This would make it half as thin. No way to jam a "Pro" into half the space as the latest model.

ipodtouchy333

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2007
US
I very much doubt this. Current MBP is already less than 1 inch thin. This would make it half as thin. No way to jam a "Pro" into half the space as the latest model.

It would not be a half of an inch thin. They said a half an inch NARROWER, not a half an inch THINNER.....which could definitely be possible.

MrCrowbar

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2006
less plastic around the screen, please. I think we'll see more glass, more shiny and less plastic around the screen. Maybe even something to make the screen look like it's 'floating'...glass edges instead of the plastic/metal around the screen???

Here ya go:

4fvbjp

L3F7-S1D3

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2008
CO.
What do you think?

What do you guys think of the following (i.e., will they exist)

1. Black MBA keys?
2. Glass trackpad?
3. Tapered edges?
4. Quad-core for MBP?

And lastly, do you guys believe that a new MB or MBP will release by the 14th of October? Regardless of any of it's features, if it's the same as current model of MBP with a higher clock-core speed (for the sake of example) or whatever, do you guys see a new model releasing by the 14th?

L3F7-S1D3

First post on here, hope this is ok. :D

ACubed

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2008

1. Black MBA keys?
2. Glass trackpad?
3. Tapered edges?
4. Quad-core for MBP?

And lastly, do you guys believe that a new MB or MBP will release by the 14th of October? Regardless of any of it's features, if it's the same as current model of MBP with a higher clock-core speed (for the sake of example) or whatever, do you guys see a new model releasing by the 14th?

L3F7-S1D3

we can only hope...i'm waiting for it also because this will be my 1st mac! :)

marbles

macrumors 68000
Apr 30, 2008
EU mostly

1. Black MBA keys?
2. Glass trackpad?
3. Tapered edges?
4. Quad-core for MBP?

L3F7-S1D3

1, yes
2, hmmm , yes
3, no
4, no

before with a slice of luck , I'm hoping new mini's & notebooks this Tuesday:D

L3F7-S1D3

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2008
CO.
we can only hope...i'm waiting for it also because this will be my 1st mac! :)

Schweet, mine too, at least laptop. I'm excited, but I want quad-core and I think they may do it. Just not nahalem quad-core, but quad-core at that.

Either way though, a 2.8GHz core 2 duo would work fine for me too I suppose.

Something like this previously posted pic would be amazing!

Attachments

• macbookpro_mockup_small-2.png
    macbookpro_mockup_small-2.png
    217.8 KB · Views: 174

Lo Aul

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2008
New Jersey
I'm a web developer, sites and graphics mainly. I work primarily indoors, maybe venturing outdoors for 1 in 100 sessions (but sometimes indoor light glare does piss me off). I have worked with both matte and glossy screens and do not necessarily have a preference, though I do sometimes appreciate the deep blacks that I get with glossy.

What type of screen would be best for my type of work?

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005

I'll bet $5000 on it.

For some strange reason, I believe you. I've read your posts [predictions] before and you know somebody... :cool:

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
I'm a web developer, sites and graphics mainly. I work primarily indoors, maybe venturing outdoors for 1 in 100 sessions (but sometimes indoor light glare does piss me off). I have worked with both matte and glossy screens and do not necessarily have a preference, though I do sometimes appreciate the deep blacks that I get with glossy.

What type of screen would be best for my type of work?

Take your pick. Unless you are going to be doing photoshopping/video touching up and require completely accurate colour display, then either will suit you.

I personally love glossy. I have a matte display, and the more I see my friend's glossy display, the more I want one. Richer colours and tricks the eye to make it appear sharper too.

virologynerd

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2008
as a student i have been waiting for these new mb and mbp FOREVER and they are finally coming out!:D
i am going to buy the new macbook the very minute it is released, if there is going to be a radical overhaul in january, i will be extremely distraught :mad:

Orlandooo

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2008
as a student i have been waiting for these new mb and mbp FOREVER and they are finally coming out!:D
i am going to buy the new macbook the very minute it is released, if there is going to be a radical overhaul in january, i will be extremely distraught :mad:

same, i'm doing music and can make do with borrowing a dell just for internet and facebook but eventually i'll need logic and MAX/MSP etc... i was going to just wait for a new one but i've JUST seen Radiohead are accepting submissions of remixes of Reckoner and i'm fully desperate to start it NOW! ohhh decisions.
i really COULD do with quad core.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.