Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMi

Suspended
Sep 13, 2014
One of the best games ever made, period. For those who try this and like it, I'd recommend you purchase the complete edition (with Brave New World and all DLCs) on Steam during a big sale event. It will set you back just a few bucks.

Highly Recommended.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
The App Store is saying that my code has already been redeemed. Is this because all the codes have already been generated?

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
The App Store is saying that my code has already been redeemed. Is this because all the codes have already been generated?

No, we still have codes. We limit it by ip and cookie. So if you share the same ip as 5 other people who tried to get codes, then you will get a previously given out code.

email support@macrumors.com and we'll send you a fresh one.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
No, we still have codes. We limit it by ip and cookie. So if you share the same ip as 5 other people who tried to get codes, then you will get a previously given out code.

email support@macrumors.com and we'll send you a fresh one.

Ah good to know. The page generated a fresh code which I've managed to redeem no problem :)

Now I must investigate my network, seeing as I should be the only one on this IP address at the moment who would've requested a code.

Saturn1217

macrumors 65816
Apr 28, 2008
I've always wanted to give the Civ games a try. Now I know what I'll be doing during my upcoming staycation :)

Thanks MR!

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
So how does this work with Steam? Say if I was to buy some DLC off steam, how does it know I got Civ 5 off the Mac store? Sorry if this is obvious.

Thanks MR and Aspyr, never really played Civ games, but have heard great things.

iConcept

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2009
UK
Thanks guys...

What an epic giveaway. Took a few attempts to get a code which hadn't already been redeemed, but it worked eventually.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Thanks guys...

What an epic giveaway. Took a few attempts to get a code which hadn't already been redeemed, but it worked eventually.

That's strange, and shouldn't be happening. What did you have to do to try again? New browser, new window, new ip? or just refresh?

arn

Nunyabinez

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2010
Provo, UT
So how does this work with Steam? Say if I was to buy some DLC off steam, how does it know I got Civ 5 off the Mac store? Sorry if this is obvious.

Thanks MR and Aspyr, never really played Civ games, but have heard great things.

Won't work with Steam. Buy your DLC from GOG.com (not affiliated)

dmlibby

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2010
Sorry for this question... how did you do this promo? I thought you only get 100 free promo codes with every version of the app. Are you actually buying a $29.99 code and displaying it for us? Apple would then take 30%.

Thank you so much for this! Can't wait to play.

Have to ask the same question - about to fulfill a Kickstarter - did the codes get bought using the Business Volume Purchase Program?

And thanks - it's a great promotion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.