Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mealex

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2006
MacRumors are the Best

I have visited many Mac/Apple rumors sites and I like this one the most. It has the best web design of all that I saw. It reminds me of Apple where's Appleinsider/ThinkSecret reminds me of Microsoft.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Or we could start spamming/hijacking some thread like mad and get is wastelanded.
That'll make the forums dip back below 3,000,000 post.
Then we can try again!

I think wastelanded and deleted posts still counts for this 3 million number, don't they?

Yes, the post IDs (which is what really counts) stay with the posts, even after being deleted or Wastelanded, which is why we have hit the 3 million mark while the main forum page lists a total of only 2.95 million or so posts.

monke

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2005
I think wastelanded and deleted posts still counts for this 3 million number, don't they? Oh, and I almost forgot. Congratulations to everyone. :)

They do count because according to the bottom of the forums page, MacRumors has 2,955,529 at the time of this post.

BTW I also put the 'jew' behind mad when I first read Unorthodox's post. :)

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
Well of course it has :rolleyes: This is probably the best Mac forum on the net with a great membership of open, friendly, helpful people.

Congrats on the mega growth.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
And unfortunately, the winning post will be some jerk writing "G5 Powerbooks next Tues." :rolleyes:

Congrats and keep up the great work Arn & friends!

You know it's coming tomorrow!

Glad I could contribute my ~870 posts so far...

And I must say that this is my favorite Mac forum. I've been at quite a few, but none are like this. Everyone is much friendlier than at other sites. I'm glad I'm here.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
And I suppose it's a good thing post #3M was not in a Private Forum...
True. There is a small chance that such a post might have been inappropriate... it's also good that it wasn't in the moderator forums, wasn't deleted, etc. Fortunately, we paid WC good money to sit there and wait until just the right moment to post. By the way, if you rearrange the letters in his post, it reveals information about an Apple announcement next Tuesday.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Yes, the post IDs (which is what really counts) stay with the posts, even after being deleted or Wastelanded, which is why we have hit the 3 million mark while the main forum page lists a total of only 2.95 million or so posts.
And if we counted only highly intelligent posts by well-informed members with something significant to say, we'd have a mere 2.949 million posts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.