Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2006
and the "one more thing" is going to be the iBot. OMG RUMORS WAHT IS IT!!1
it's clearly Mad Jew's secret posting machine, it will be introduced to the entire world now. Notice MJ will not post for the next several days. Watch and see I bet you he does not post all through MacWorld or at best until the end of the week like thursday or friday... they will be rolling him out. You just watch!

Charlie35

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2005
i don't know who mad jew is but, um...i'm charlie. my name is charlie. charlie coutrakon. so...there's that.

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2006
thank's charlie for that... no one said you were not "charlie" i was saying what iBot would be... get it?

Charlie35

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2005
still don't get it. but at least now i don't get it in a completely different way.

sorry. i'm thinking and i still don't get it. was it...a jew...joke? those aren't good.

edit: haha i'm sorry if i ruined your joke. really. i just don't get it. is it like a macrumors inside joke?

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2006
ughhh g-d man. Go to member list at the top of the webpage and then you will get. and no it was certainly not a jew joke, they are not funny to me either, especially as a jewish individual myself.

eenu

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2006
Manchester, UK
it's almost certainly related to macworld.

If it was just a new year's greeting, it wouldn't be on Apple's site anymore

http://www.apple.com

arn

Not totally true.

Apple would undoubtedly leave the banner on their site for a number of days or weeks to make sure it reaches the largest audience if it is macworld related. Not everyone in the world visits the apple site daily. It only appears on apple.com not apple.com/uk (it was on that for 24hrs then reverted to original image) which would reinforce the new year message theory.

As another note. The fact that banner maybe displayed at Macworld means nothing in terms of big releases. Its just an advertising banner to remind everyone 2007 will be a great year. If you look at the pic properly (fake or not) you will see its above the door to be viewed on the way out the building.

oootle

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2006
also notice that there is a bit more light shining around the left side of the apple, could this mean anything!!! :eek: :D

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
yes, but the point is that iTV is not reported to steam "ALL YOUR MEDIA," but only iTunes media!
That's a HUGE difference! If iTV indeed only steams iTunes media (iTunes downloaded content), then it's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. The clue is that it says "Front-row like interface." The same reason Front Row sucks is that it doesn't display anything accept loaded dvds (you can't interface well with other media content, can't setup a prefered player like VLC, etc.
To succeed, iTV MUST:
--handle HD content
--stream ANY format of media content (or at least the standard video formats) and not just iTunes
[....]

iTunes will happily play anything quicktime will. Drag a quicktime movie into iTunes, you can play it. Doesn't have to be a downloaded iTunes purchased movie at all. I don't know what the iTV will/won't do exactly, but front row can play anything quicktime can too, can't it?

I just dragged a HD trailer (1080) in, and iTunes played it fullscreen... so I wouldn't worry.

Machead III

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2002
UK, France
Is this for Macworld? Or just rumor?

From Czech website...

imacmedresjs7.jpg

greenchester

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2006
... If you look at the pic properly (fake or not) you will see its above the door to be viewed on the way out the building.

Actually that banner is what you see whne you ENTER Moscone. The trade show floor is underground so you take the escalators down to MacWorld

Deestar

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2003
Apple at CES and Sling Media

Not sure if this has already been mentioned on this forum, CES 2007 in Las Vagas is on around the same time as Macworld. If you do a search on the CES Exhibitor directory for Apple it looks like they have a stand space (69430A).

https://myces2007.bdmetrics.com/Portal/ViewCompany.aspx?id=2524313

The weird thing is that the address listed is not Apple's address:

901 Mariners Island Blvd., Suite 300
San Mateo, CA 94404
United States

A Google search reveals that its an address for Slingmedia, I wonder if this is a mistake or has Apple purchased Slingmedia and their technology for use in the iTV.

http://us.slingmedia.com/page/contactUs.html

hyperpasta

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2005
New Jersey
Not sure if this has already been mentioned on this forum, CES 2007 in Las Vagas is on around the same time as Macworld. If you do a search on the CES Exhibitor directory for Apple it looks like they have a stand space (69430A).

San Mateo, CA 94404
United States

A Google search reveals that its an address for Slingmedia, I wonder if this is a mistake or has Apple purchased Slingmedia and their technology for use in the iTV.

Wow! Good catch. That's odd...

eenu

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2006
Manchester, UK

San Mateo, CA 94404
United States

Interesting given one of their partners is Microsoft!

http://us.slingmedia.com/page/pg_80.html

Maybe its basis on windows media technologies may dispel that myth?

Having said that an OSX version is in Beta

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Wait a minute, Bell and Videotron both have Personal Video Recorders.

I'm with neither of them. And besides, the DVRs offered by Bell, Videotron and Cogeco are all at least twice as expensive as the iTV is going to be. And Cogeco, the provider I'm with, won't allow outside DVRs on their digital cable network.

Granted, the iTV probably won't be a DVR, but I'm mostly looking forward to having a jukebox for my DVDs ripped to H264/AAC, and then later on ditching cable altogether (or going with a "basic channels" package) and getting my specialized shows from the iTunes Store (Battlestar Galactica, etc).

Mr Ikasu

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2004

San Mateo, CA 94404
United States

Either a publicity stunt by SlingMedia or something very significant.

If some kind of a collaboration was true it surely makes the iPhone more likely as it would need something mobile to stream to (one of the main points of Slings product I believe)

Interesting...

paulyras

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2006
Singapore
What I'd like to see out of iTV

I think it would be great to be able to use iTV as a remote Mac desktop as well, so one could use a bluetooth mouse and keyboard to be able to use it for web browsing and other simple computer type stuff. I can see the argument that it would cannibalize mac sales, but if you were to make that a mac only feature, it's one more reason for people to buy a mac- You effectively get another computer for your living room for $299

PS- Anyone know what the intended use is for the USB port?

thestaton

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2006
I am hoping the iTV will be successful, however they will need to drastically improve the content coming from the iTunes store. If you tried to watch a iTunes movie on your 60" HD its going to look about the same as a VHS.

Got my fingers crossed for something awesome.

Porchland

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2004
Georgia
yes, but the point is that iTV is not reported to steam "ALL YOUR MEDIA," but only iTunes media!
That's a HUGE difference! If iTV indeed only steams iTunes media (iTunes downloaded content), then it's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

There's nothing quite like the taste of steamed media!

Clive At Five

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2004
St. Paul, MN
I think it would be great to be able to use iTV as a remote Mac desktop as well, so one could use a bluetooth mouse and keyboard to be able to use it for web browsing and other simple computer type stuff. I can see the argument that it would cannibalize mac sales, but if you were to make that a mac only feature, it's one more reason for people to buy a mac- You effectively get another computer for your living room for $299

PS- Anyone know what the intended use is for the USB port?

No, please, no! Web TV died for a reason. No one wants to combine television and computing.

-Clive

know-it-all5

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2006
USA
Can't tell if you are joking, but if not, then look at the image that started this thread. This is a pretty good tongue in cheek rendition in my opinion.

funny, but lousy rendition in my opinion. Maybe its just that i think, i could do it better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.