Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
be patient he never replied to anyone we all got cases in the mail after some time just wait it will show up.

That's exactly what I'm doing. I'm not going to bother him again. Hopefully he'll get one or both of my messages and send my case out. It sounds like people love it so I'm looking forward to trying one myself.

DAKIK

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2011
awesome looking case. hope I can get my hands on one
but im all the way in australia :rolleyes:

Hanwei

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2011
Cambridge, MA
I just received my Foliage Green iP4 case with the new camera cutout. Ordered it from Dsgarms.com... mailed out on Monday received today, Wednesday.

I have a ViPhone so I used an exacto and did a bit of cutting to embiggin the slot for the vibrate switch. Worked and it was pretty easy.

:D

It looks like dsgarms.com has new stock of the Pink, Orange, and Foliage Green (new camera cutout). The Black and Dark Earth may be old stock (ie: old camera cutout). I'd confirm with them if any are the old key hole camera cutout before ordering though.

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

Last edited:

DeftwillP

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2011
Was the green case cheaper than the other colors at dsgarms? When I ordered a lot of my other magpul stuff there, they were doing their "going green" sale. Good discount on my stock, MBUS, AFG, etc.

Hanwei

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2011
Cambridge, MA
I didn't notice any discount... though I also wasn't looking for any price difference between the colors. I saw that Foliage was available... and ordered it :D

Was the green case cheaper than the other colors at dsgarms? When I ordered a lot of my other magpul stuff there, they were doing their "going green" sale. Good discount on my stock, MBUS, AFG, etc.

NickMagpul

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2011
Sorry for the delayed responses, everyone. New cases are inbound. I appreciate the feedback that everyone is posting - glad to hear most of you are liking the case!

iamartimus

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2010
Sorry for the delayed responses, everyone. New cases are inbound. I appreciate the feedback that everyone is posting - glad to hear most of you are liking the case!

Hey Nick, I couldn't find your email address from the last time I emailed you. Was my PM sufficient?

RickG

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2011
I was one of the first to email for the free cases and never got mine either- I sent another email - hopefully it shows up someday...

wmflyfisher

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2010
Received one of these from another member yesterday. This is BY FAR the best case that I have ever used for my iphone 4 and I have owned ALL the popular ones.

I was considering selling the phone but want to hold onto it now just because I love the case so much!! It's so simple, durable, snug and everything that I have been looking for in an ip4 case.

The case is truly amazing guys. Don't hesitate, go out and purchase it. I'll never use another case.

Dave421

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2011
I think it's due to what kind of company Magpul is. If they screw something up in their main line of products, someone could get hurt. With that kind of potential damage, I think they have a much better attitude from an engineering and production standpoint than most phone accessory manufacturers. Personally, I can't wait to grab one of these. I love the Magpul stuff that I already own so I can't wait for the Verizon version to come out. I finally got Verizon to swap out my 3rd defective droid x and my iPhone is on the truck for delivery now. I picked up a little cheap bumper until I can get one of these on there.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
I think it's due to what kind of company Magpul is. If they screw something up in their main line of products, someone could get hurt. With that kind of potential damage, I think they have a much better attitude from an engineering and production standpoint than most phone accessory manufacturers. Personally, I can't wait to grab one of these. I love the Magpul stuff that I already own so I can't wait for the Verizon version to come out. I finally got Verizon to swap out my 3rd defective droid x and my iPhone is on the truck for delivery now. I picked up a little cheap bumper until I can get one of these on there.

Lol I don't think they're the mafia dude..

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Just wanted to post back and let you guys know that Nick responded to the email I sent him. I know a bunch of people here were waiting to get a reply so if you haven't gotten a reply to a PM you sent him, you may want to shoot him an email instead.

iamartimus

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Thank you, but what's his email???

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Well I don't want to post his email here without his permission but you can easily find it by going to their website (http://www.magpul.com). You'll find it there without much trouble.

iamartimus

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2010

psywzrd said:

Well I don't want to post his email here without his permission but you can easily find it by going to their website (http://www.magpul.com). You'll find it there without much trouble.

Thanks!

Dave421

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2011
Lol I don't think they're the mafia dude..

Uh, really? Mafia is what you got from that? They make parts used by many members of our military in the Middle East. A cheap mag can mean a misfeed when someone is under attack. That kind of potential damage from cheap parts or a lack of engineering is a lot bigger than "my phone got scratched". Therefore, their attitude toward production is likely much better than some random accessories company based in China. Seriously, mafia? Wtf...

NickMagpul

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2011
Uh, really? Mafia is what you got from that? They make parts used by many members of our military in the Middle East. A cheap mag can mean a misfeed when someone is under attack. That kind of potential damage from cheap parts or a lack of engineering is a lot bigger than "my phone got scratched". Therefore, their attitude toward production is likely much better than some random accessories company based in China. Seriously, mafia? Wtf...

I'm glad I wasn't the only one confused by the mafia comment! And you are absolutely correct about the reason behind our attention to detail. Our products are used every day by some of the top military units and government agencies throughout the world. I have been fortunate enough to become friends with many of our customers, and the thought of our equipment failing them in combat makes me sick. It is for that reason we design equipment for specific applications and customers, and continue to improve our products, even after they reach production. Although the iPhone case isn't a product that will be going to war, the same philosophy of mission-driven design and continuous improvement applies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.