Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeftwillP

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2011
Uh, really? Mafia is what you got from that? They make parts used by many members of our military in the Middle East. A cheap mag can mean a misfeed when someone is under attack. That kind of potential damage from cheap parts or a lack of engineering is a lot bigger than "my phone got scratched". Therefore, their attitude toward production is likely much better than some random accessories company based in China. Seriously, mafia? Wtf...

x100

Where'd he get mafia from....

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Uh, really? Mafia is what you got from that? They make parts used by many members of our military in the Middle East. A cheap mag can mean a misfeed when someone is under attack. That kind of potential damage from cheap parts or a lack of engineering is a lot bigger than "my phone got scratched". Therefore, their attitude toward production is likely much better than some random accessories company based in China. Seriously, mafia? Wtf...

Sorry I mistakenly read your post. I thought that if someone that didn't do his job correctly at Magpul would get hurt lol..

damant

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2010
thanks for the case, Nick.

I love it !
I'm impressed with the fitment and feel/texture of the material ; regardless of the price!
It's one of my fav. now ...right next to my Element Vapor and Atomic cases :)

Is there any chance for more colors options ..white,red or yellow..?

threezero

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2008
Pick 1 up ata local distributor few days ago. I have a bit of fitment issue though. The bottom piece is sagging a little and there is some antenna showing on the side. Overall still excellent case for the price. I just wish it fits perfectly. Maybe it's just mine?

Edit: this case also only works with stock apple USB connectors

Last edited:

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
Pick 1 up ata local distributor few days ago. I have a bit of fitment issue though. The bottom piece is sagging a little and there is some antenna showing on the side. Overall still excellent case for the price. I just wish it fits perfectly. Maybe it's just mine?

What local stores sell them? I sent nick a pm a while ago when he asked and I still haven't received mine yet, guess I'll never get it..

threezero

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2008
What local stores sell them? I sent nick a pm a while ago when he asked and I still haven't received mine yet, guess I'll never get it..

I'm in Vancouver and dave's surplus tactical sells it. Check the magpul website and see if your local dealer carries it. Some tactical/ army store sell magpul

parrot5

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2010
I'm in Vancouver and dave's surplus tactical sells it. Check the magpul website and see if your local dealer carries it. Some tactical/ army store sell magpul

Their website only lists the key-hole version. Did you get that one, or the newer edition (larger camera/flash hole) from them?

iamartimus

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2010

Mine fits perfectly as well, just that mine is the older keyhole version.

Hanwei

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2011
Cambridge, MA
I have to say... I'm still enjoying my case immensely :cool:

IMG_0534.jpg

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Received my Field Case from Magpul yesterday (thanks Nick!) and I have to say that I am extremely impressed with it! Yes, the buttons are a bit stiff and they don't give you much feedback and the camera cutout doesn't line up perfectly but you can really tell that it's a high quality case. The phone feels well-protected in the case even though it doesn't add much bulk at all and it really feels great in your hand. It also gives a little lay on the table design while not overlapping the screen at all and I haven't really seen that in any other case. I've only tried one set of headphones so far and those fit so I'm happy about that. The case is also compatible with my apple dock and my ihome. Haven't tried it with my composite cable yet though and that will be a real test since that cable did not work with my previous case (SGP Neo Matte Hybrid).

This case is at least as good if not better than any of the cases I've tried from any of the big case makers (Speck, Incase, SGP, etc.) and you just can't beat the price. Considering that this is certainly not Magpul's focus, I'm so impressed that they were able to come out with such a great case right out of the box. I hope they continue to make cases for future iphones because I can actually see myself using this case exclusively, especially if they fix the minor shortcomings I mentioned above. Great job Magpul!!! Thank you!!!

tj53

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2004
New Hampshire
Favorite Case!

Ordered from eBay and indeed did get the newer version with the larger camera cutout. Just a heads up for anyone else who wants to order directly from the Magpul store.

Absolutely love the case! It fits beautifully and gives a good amount of protection.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
OK, I give up. Really like the Magpul design, and they have a nice website, but
is there a way to order from Magpul or do they just sell to other dealers? I don't have an eBay account.

Sportcat

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2010
Anderson, SC
Did anyone who recevied a case(s) for the 3GS wish to part with them?

I'd love to have one in OD Green and Flat Earth.

Thanks,

Chris

NWI73

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
OK, I give up. Really like the Magpul design, and they have a nice website, but
is there a way to order from Magpul or do they just sell to other dealers? I don't have an eBay account.

Send NickMagpul an email via his account on here and request one. He will send you one for free, just give it 2-4 weeks...be patient.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
With all do respect, I think $10 is nothing for this case compared to others. I mean come on, you can't expect to keep asking for free cases. You can get any color and version via eBay if you can't find a dealer.

It's worth it. I think Magpul went over and above when they sent out many members here cases and that was awesome. You snooze, you lose :)

NWI73

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
I wasn't aware they were easily available via eBay. I was suggesting that bc he was complaining about not being able to find one.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
Hey thanks guys. All I wanted was a recommendation for a dealer that is selling the current style other than ebay. Not looking for a freebie.

iamartimus

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2010
With all do respect, I think $10 is nothing for this case compared to others. I mean come on, you can't expect to keep asking for free cases. You can get any color and version via eBay if you can't find a dealer.

It's worth it. I think Magpul went over and above when they sent out many members here cases and that was awesome. You snooze, you lose :)

Doesn't hurt to ask. All he can say is "NO". :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.