Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jon8

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2009
I'm able to verify my email address but it's not notifying me of new emails.

Please give it a few minutes after adding the account for it to take effect. Also, we had to temporarily disable the verification of your credentials so please try to make sure you enter your credentials correctly when adding accounts. If it's still not working, email the address to me that's not working to jon[at]enflick[dot]com and I'll help you resolve it.

pixelbrat

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2009
Ellijay, GA
Please give it a few minutes after adding the account for it to take effect. Also, we had to temporarily disable the verification of your credentials so please try to make sure you enter your credentials correctly when adding accounts. If it's still not working, email the address to me that's not working to jon[at]enflick[dot]com and I'll help you resolve it.

For the record, I didn't add a new account. This is the same account and password I've had since installing the app months ago. Nothing has changed. It just suddenly stopped working today like another user said earlier. I'll give it another 20 minutes and email you if still not working.

MarloweVH

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2009
Paris, France
For the record, I didn't add a new account. This is the same account and password I've had since installing the app months ago. Nothing has changed. It just suddenly stopped working today like another user said earlier. I'll give it another 20 minutes and email you if still not working.

This had been happening with me earlier today with a Gmail account, but it's now working fine.

orpheus1120

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2008
Malaysia
Derek, gmail accounts verifed ok. But they are not pushed. AOL and others pushed fine.

Anything being done to remedy this?

pasipple

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2009
photonh.jpg

In the background on my lockscreen I'm getting a large "mail" icon which appears if I have mail (see above).

Is this generated by "Mail Notifier"? If so, I can't get rid of it. I've deleted my Mail Notifier App and it won't go away.

Any ideas? Derek? Jon?

pasipple

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2009
photonh.jpg

In the background on my lockscreen I'm getting a large "mail" icon which appears if I have mail (see above).

Is this generated by "Mail Notifier"? If so, I can't get rid of it. I've deleted my Mail Notifier App and it won't go away.

Any ideas? Derek? Jon?

Got it....

It was StatusNotifier.

mixvio

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2009
Sydney, Australia
I picked this up to use on my iPad. As opposed to SmartPush which I had used before, I liked that this app allowed me to switch off the email preview in the push notice. It seems a bit slow-- SmartPush was almost instant, this takes about a minute or so to message me. Not a crisis, but it was a little disconcerting.

However, I got the opinion from reading the app description that it would let you open up Mail.app from thr push notice? I don't have anything but an "okay" button when I get a push notice. It also said there was a link to open a website, which I don't have either. I use Google Apps, so opening the default Mail.app would be preferred, but I don't seem to have an option. I see no setting anywhere to enable this, so am I doing something wrong or is it not there?

Also guys, you really need to make it clearer on your store description that it's a subscription app. It's buried enough that people are going to feel ripped off and lied to. It tarnishes what is otherwise a great tool.

MarloweVH

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2009
Paris, France
I have been informed by Gordon at Enflick that Get Satisfaction is no longer the support tool to use for Enflick products; apparently we are supposed to use the Help Desk at Zendesk.

I tried to do this yesterday for this problem, but to post to any existing discussion you need to be a "registered" user and I can't register. Every time I try to register I get the following error message:

"Help Desk does not offer self-registration, please contact your company representative for further information"

I sent Enflick support two e-mails at support@enflick.com describing my problem and asking how I could register for the Help Desk. The only reply I receive is a canned one, as follows:

"Hi,

Thank you for your e-mail, we appreciate your communication. We have recently developed a new method of customer support utilizing a utility called ZenDesk (helpdesk).
Click here <http://enflick.zendesk.com/home> to go to our ZenDesk (helpdesk) or paste the link below into your bowers address bar.
http://enflick.zendesk.com/home

Once at Enflick's ZenDesk -- Please search for a keyword relating to your issue in the ZenDesk “Search Bar” and you will be met with an answer to your question.

Ex. “I am having issues with sending” -- Search for the keyword “SENDING”

RESULTS:
I am having issues sending/receiving messages
I am having issues sending pictures
etc...

Please do not create “tickets” on ZenDesk as they will not be responded to.

You will however have the option to comment on existing questions/topics so that we or other members of our ZenDesk Community can provide you with further support releated to your issue.

Thank you,

The Enflick Team"
----

The response to my query ("How do I register to use the Help Desk?") is NOT on the Help Desk that I can see, so I can not participate in the appropriate Enflick-designated support forum.

Any suggestions?

robert144

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2011
I was receiving gmail notifications but went to change my settings and got the "Connection Failed: The application failed to verify the account. Please ensure that you have data connectivity." error while definitely connected.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and now can not re-add my account - getting the same error

Guidance would be appreciated

pjlandre

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2012
Pb with Mail Notifier

Is there currently a problem with the server?

I'm not receiving notifications any longer, and I tried to "verify" my account and I receive the message "Connection Failed: The application failed to verify the account. Please ensure that you have data connectivity."

My iPhone connection to the internet (3G or wifi) is fine

ddanka

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2012
data connectivity

I am having a problem with my mail notifier on my iPhone 4. I have had the app for a year and have not had issues, then it quit working. When I tried to reinstall it, and entered my gmail data and got to "verify account", I received this error message:

Connection Failed. The application failed to verify the account. Please ensure that you have data connectivity." I am sure I am connected... but I am by no means a guru here, please help if you know a fix for this? I miss my email notifications...

D

MarloweVH

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2009
Paris, France
I am having a problem with my mail notifier on my iPhone 4. I have had the app for a year and have not had issues, then it quit working. When I tried to reinstall it, and entered my gmail data and got to "verify account", I received this error message:

Connection Failed. The application failed to verify the account. Please ensure that you have data connectivity." I am sure I am connected... but I am by no means a guru here, please help if you know a fix for this? I miss my email notifications...

D

Hi - yes, Mail Notifier has been down for me since Saturday Sept 8. I opened a Support Ticket on Sunday, Sept 9 and still haven't heard anything back from Enflick .... the only way to get support for this product is to go through the TextNow support system, which is what I did last March when I had the same problem.

You can see from my previous posts (above) that Enflick has changed the support procedure for this product at least three times, each time requiring a new registration/sign-in process. Very frustrating.

The fact of the matter is that, despite selling "Lifetime" subscriptions to this product, they no longer develop it nor do they supply any appropriate support forum (the last time I had a problem, in March, they took over a week to answer me, and by that time the problem had resolved itself).

The problem we are currently experiencing has ALWAYS been a server problem on their end; if you look at the TextNow app page on Facebook you'll see that they had some server problems this weekend so I suppose it's related to that ... but I really have no idea as no one replies to my support ticket.

I think MailNotifier was one of Enflick's first products; it's great and almost always works. But then TextNow took off and they abandoned MailNotifier even though they sold Lifetime subscriptions.

Now I see that they have a new product, Touch, and they are currently hiring - so when Touch takes off will they dump TextNow and their TextNow customers, like they did with MailNotifier?

Not a very good lesson in customer relations/service ....

MarloweVH

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2009
Paris, France
Opened a second "support" ticket today, which seemed to get Enflick's attention because they closed it and FINALLY replied to my first support request (taking 18 days to do so).

Here is their response (for a product they sold "lifetime" subscriptions to):

Hello,

I'm sorry but while we did offer limited support for Mail Notifier for a period of time after it was discontinued, that support period has now ended.

Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.