Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeathChill

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2005
I'm down to 4 digits, people! An entirely new way for me to experience email is nigh!

The funny thing is that I got in line and waited a few weeks, checking every day, and then a week or so ago I got access. I still haven't bothered to sign up.

Renzatic

Suspended
I'm jealous. :D

You should be. I'm 5000 people away from experiencing something truly profound.

DeathChill said:
The funny thing is that I got in line and waited a few weeks, checking every day, and then a week or so ago I got access. I still haven't bothered to sign up.

Truthfully, I wasn't all that interested in it first. All the hype they had going for an email client seemed a bit overkill to me. Two things pushed me towards it, though. One, it does have a couple of cool features, and the gesture setup does look like it'd be a good fit for a phone. Two, I love me some Dropbox, and potentially using it an email base along with everything else is tempting. I figured I might as well give it a go, see how well it actually works.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
You should be. I'm 5000 people away from experiencing something truly profound.

I was getting worried that you weren't going to be friends with me anymore since people were criticizing your for the company you keep and being a paranoid schizophrenic I assumed they meant me.

DeathChill

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2005
I was getting worried that you weren't going to be friends with me anymore since people were criticizing your for the company you keep and being a paranoid schizophrenic I assumed they meant me.
To be fair, once you're in you have to cut off all ties with everyone who isn't "with it".

Renzatic

Suspended

...do I know you?
omg.gif

Wait. I do know you. I've seen you on TV before, haven't I?

Renzatic

Suspended
The therapy is helping a lot. Before therapy, when I went to a football game and the players were in the huddle, I thought they were talking about me.

It's cuz they were, Scruff. They just tell you it's all in your head so you're not as suspicious about things when They make their move against you.

edit: I should also add for the sake of covering my ass in case of a lawsuit, that I assume you're goofing around. If you're not, and this is all a complicated internet cry for help, I will, in fact, feel kinda bad for egging you on.

I thought it was all a joke, your honor. Really.

Last edited:

luckystriked

macrumors regular
May 23, 2008
I'm struggling to like this app. The UI is perfect but that archive thingy is bothering me. Just two questions:

- If I archive everything, can I undo it later?
- After archiving everything, if you go to gmail by the browser, you inbox is also cleared? And how about the Mail app on the Mac?

Thanks

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
I'm struggling to like this app. The UI is perfect but that archive thingy is bothering me. Just two questions:

- If I archive everything, can I undo it later?
- After archiving everything, if you go to gmail by the browser, you inbox is also cleared? And how about the Mail app on the Mac?

Thanks

Good questions - I'd like to know soon. I should receive activation in a few hours time.

Someone implied it was possible to refuse to archive everything - is that true?

There's some useful info here http://www.mailboxapp.com/help/

mailbox-folder-table.png

luckystriked

macrumors regular
May 23, 2008
I didn't archive everything because I don't want my inbox cleared. Other thing that bothers me in this app is that we cannot turn off vibration unless you deactivate all notifications.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
Has anyone else noticed their queue has slowed right down? It used to move at one activation every 2 seconds - ie about 40,000 per day.

Now my queue is moving at 1 activation every 4 seconds - only(!) 20,000 per day. I was looking forwards to reaching activation by lunchtime today (Good Friday) then sorting out my inbox over the weekend.

Now seems I won't get activated til Monday or Tuesday. #firstworldproblems

Maybe it's just the Easter bank holidays. But the queue did move full speed over precious Sundays. Hope this doesn't indicate system problems or a Dropbox-imposed cap.

Oui

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
Downloaded used for a couple of days then deleted it. Really it's nothing special.
Mail.app works just fine.

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
Well I installed it with 450k in the line, forgot about it, opened it about two weeks later at 3260 to go (right now). Looks like I will play with it within the hour :). Glad I never pondered over the wait!!!!!!

edit: Tested it, nothing special for my workflow. I could see how it would be good for someone who is on their phone/tablet all day and away from the desktop/laptop though. Having said that, when(if) mailboxapp releases for os x I would probably use it over Apple mail just because it looks a lot neater. Apple mail is very cluttered compared. Also dropbox backing this means reliability so bonus points there :)

I am not going to delete it of course because why would I? Especially having to wait in line again incase I decide to use it again. Some people's ignorance amazes me when it comes to tiny things like a free app lmao

Last edited:

ratboy90

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2009
I've moved my main email recipient away from my computer to mailbox. Allows me to focus on what I have to do and not forget about emails

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
I've been using it over the last week. It's a nice way to burn through a busy mailbox. I use the Apple Mail.app on my laptop / iphone as my main mail interface, and Mailbox in idle moments to sort through my mail / postpone mails to later.

FYI, it never asked at any point to archive my entire inbox. The option is there if you really want though.

Yaboze

macrumors 6502a
May 31, 2007
The Garden State
Waited in the queue (which is now gone) and used it for about 2 weeks.

I didn't like it, it changes too many things if you read mail from multiple computers/devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.