Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you shave everything below the neck?

• Yes

Votes: 31 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 191 68.2%
  • Legs only

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Why should I shave?

Votes: 57 20.4%

• Total voters

wongulous

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2002
Stupid thread. I blame you for me getting the wild hair (so to speak) to shave some body parts this morning.

It's itchy already!!! :angry: ;)

glocke12

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2008
Other std grooming practices (facial, neck, privtates), I dont shave. Personally, I find total body hair shaving by mails kind of strange, but will accept that doing so may make some sports (like swimming) easier....

wongulous

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2002
Serious post or British humour post? :confused:
Well, it is humorous, but also serious. I shaved some nether regions. Hadn't done that in a while.

But my hairy legs, chest, underarms, forearms, head, and beard are all intact, so all is not lost. ;)

kabunaru

Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
But my hairy legs, chest, underarms, forearms, head, and beard are all intact, so all is not lost. ;)

Maybe there will be a "separation" of the human species:
Those who have hair: Homo Sapiens Sapiens
Those who do not have hair: Homo Haud Saeta Sapiens Sapiens

JGC1986

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2008
Resurrecting this thread from the dead. Holy crap I think peoples opinions have changed on this topic in 3 years, I am willing to bet!

Personally, I shave everything except arms (leave them alone, not very hairy anyway) and armpits, and trim legs, but just trimmed reallllllllly too short this morning..Oops. :mad::(

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
Why is there this notion "men should have hair while women do not"?
I sure go against that and I do not find any thing wrong with doing it.

I'd assume it's because hair signals the presence of testosterone. Men evolutionarily would want to appear virile and manly. Women would want to enhance signals that show the presence of estrogen and decrease those of the maps hormone.

Just my guess.

norby123

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2015
I do and I shave everything below the neck (that means legs, arms, chest, private area, etc). It very hygienic to do so and I do not care if somebody is going to say something bad about it or not. I exercise a lot too (running and walking a lot) so shaving helps there too. I also feel more comfortable when fully shaved "below the neck".

Is any one doing this too or am I the only one?

I shave everything pretty much everyday. I love the gym and just like the feel and look. My female fiance enjoys it more than I do. So, no, you're not the only one

norby123

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2015
Yes, everything. I've been doing it for years. Girls seem to like it and it enhances both our senses of touch and feel. I like the cleanliness and the look

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Shave below the neck? Absolutely not, I only use a razor on my head if I shave myself bald. I don't even shave my face, I'm too sensitive to razors.

Trim below the neck with barber clippers? Yes, my underarms, chest, and private area.

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
Since someone dug it up...

I don't shave except my face and that is only 5 days a week. Trim the nether regions from time to time (that hair takes FOREVER to grow) but otherwise, when I take my shirt off it looks like I'm wearing a sweater still. Well, maybe not so much on the majority of my back. I couldn't try shaving below the neck, it'd look WORSE since I probably couldn't get EVERYTHING.

As someone said back in 2008 when this thread started, it gets cold here, any extra insulation is welcome...

DakotaGuy

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
South Dakota, USA
Like I said before I just groom and trim a little (mainly in one area :)) otherwise I'm fine just being me as are most men. Besides Nick Jonas is making body hair sexy again so might as well keep up with the times. :)

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I trim areas when needed, but don't shave completely. Don't wanna look like a wooly mammoth, but at the same time don't want to look like prepubescent boy. That look just isn't my thing.

DakotaGuy

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
South Dakota, USA
Wow, no need to be critical. It's a fun topic so no harm, no foul.

I don't see any reason to be critical either. I'm firmly in the pro-hair camp and think shaving it all off makes you look like a prepubescent boy, but I think grooming certain areas for a nice appearance is smart.

All that shaving all the time so you don't have stubble would be a royal pain. Shaving my face is enough.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Epic n00b first post. Not Apple related, bumps a 2.5 year old thread, posts twice back-to-back with the same info. :D

I r'member this thread when the original post went up - back in 2008. Things have changed a lot around here since then. Lots of newbies who've only been here for a few years think 2012 is ooooollllld. :p

Who wants some stunna shades? Jessica.?

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Gotcha, sorry if I misread your post. Thanks for explaining. :)

Oh totally. I just kind of chuckled at the thought process:

"Let's see, I think I'll make an account on Mac Rumors, not because I have a specific questions or comment about Apple products, but because I plan on running a search in the non-Apple section for 'body hair shave' since I can't wait to share my own shaving experiences, even if the thread is 3 years old!"

:D

Reactions: tranceking26

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
Oh totally. I just kind of chuckled at the thought process:

"Let's see, I think I'll make an account on Mac Rumors, not because I have a specific questions or comment about Apple products, but because I plan on running a search in the non-Apple section for 'body hair shave' since I can't wait to share my own shaving experiences, even if the thread is 3 years old!"

:D

Almost seven years old.;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.