Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dcsatt

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2005
Got mine in Tampa at 10:56AM!

2ppws5g.jpg

Got mine in Tampa too (Apollo Beach).

The FedEx guy said: "Okay, I'm gonna tell you what I've been telling everyone else – you have to get all your chores done before you can play with it."

He also went on to say he's delivered about 50 in Apollo Beach alone, and that the iPads were pouring down the belt at the Tampa sort facility.

deplmn

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2010
Picked mine up at Fedex Facility because I could not wait for the driver :) Syncing now. This is awesome! 64G 3G

Swampthing

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 5, 2004
11:38am on 30 April 2010... A New iPad 3G 64GB Owner!

Yes, it came at 11:38am this morning! Syncing it now.. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Guess I'll be spending the rest of the day with this baby! It came FULLY charged. WOW.

FedEx guy says he has been "reeaallllly" busy with these today.

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Mine was recieved at 10:17am. However I don't get home from work until 6pm so it will be a while before I can play with the new toy.

lileoj

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2010
1130! GOT MY IPAD!!!! TIME TO DROOL!!!!

WOOOT!!!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU FOLKS HOPE EVERYONE GETS THERE GOODIE ON TIME!!!

Joel:):D

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
Which FedEx division is delivering these?

I ask because at my house these are usually the delivery times:

FedEx Home = 10am
FedEx Express = 3pm
FedEx Ground = 7pm

Got mine about 20 minutes ago. Syncing now.

Delivery guy said he had about 50-60 on his truck to deliver. :cool: :D

Swampthing

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 5, 2004
ONE not so great thing right away...

During syncing I see that I have 22 pages of apps due to the difference in spacing on the iPad vs iPhone. So now I have to go through 22 pages and delete the ones which I won't be using on the iPad, and resync to get the rest. Double work... UGH.

Hmmm... if I delete those extra apps from the iPad, they won't resync onto the device AGAIN will they?

LouieSamman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
Orlando, Florida
Got mine at 11am. I'm loving this device!!! I put on the antiglare film and slip it into the apple case. Synced and ready to enjoy. I will be activating 3G tomorrow May 1st.

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
Just checked mine and as of 8:41am it was Out for Delivery. It's 9:57am now so I'm waiting...its funny, every time I hear a big truck engine I look out the window. :p

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
Holy crap how crazy is that?! FedEx just pulled up as I was typing the last reply! :D

9:58am delivery in Phoenix, AZ. The FedEx lady goes "I bet you know what this is!"

paleck

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2005
with the Tequila!
During syncing I see that I have 22 pages of apps due to the difference in spacing on the iPad vs iPhone. So now I have to go through 22 pages and delete the ones which I won't be using on the iPad, and resync to get the rest. Double work... UGH.

Hmmm... if I delete those extra apps from the iPad, they won't resync onto the device AGAIN will they?

If the iPad syncing functions anything like that iPhone syncing you can uncheck all of the ones you don't want and re-organize the ones that are left in iTunes itself and then sync them that way.

Can't tell you for sure since Fedex hasn't seen fit to visit my office yet.

AceAirspeed

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2010
Colorado
Anyone in Denver/Boulder get their's yet?

Erie, CO here and still shows as "At Sorting Facility" in Denver. I'm hopeful that it is actually on the truck out for delivery right now. I have to leave for an appointment in about 10 minutes so I fully expect delivery in about 11 minutes.

kallyq

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2010
Just received mine! I asked the FedEx guy if he had a lot of them today and he said about 10-12. He asked what it was and I told him and he said "ah, that makes sense!"

:)

Syncing now

Feeshy

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2010
Boulder, CO
Erie, CO here and still shows as "At Sorting Facility" in Denver. I'm hopeful that it is actually on the truck out for delivery right now. I have to leave for an appointment in about 10 minutes so I fully expect delivery in about 11 minutes.

Me too....but I wouldn't trust the status from FedEx.

I know what you mean...I'm cautious about even taking a nature call!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.