Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Swampthing

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 5, 2004
I've been watching all the videos, reviews, and excitement from iPad WiFi owners and am so anxious to get my hands on my own. I place the order for an iPad 3G within a couple of hours on the 1st day, and am curious about the actual ship date.

Most places say "late April" but what does that mean? Next week will be the 18-23rd. Many people would consider that late April. Or does it mean sometime the following week, 24 April through 1 May? Should it be safe to assume the 3G will be delivered and in our hands by 31 April?

Anyone here have inside info on the ship dates?

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
As I said back when I ordered it, if I see it before May 15 I'll consider myself fortunate.

It looks more and more that it will be closer to that date than the "late April"

xiaoyuwang

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2009
I will soon start my international travel month within 2 or 3 weeks. Hopefully I can manage a feasible time slot to grab one before I get on the plane. It would suck if I couldn't. :mad:

Swampthing

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 5, 2004
As I said back when I ordered it, if I see it before May 15 I'll consider myself fortunate.

It looks more and more that it will be closer to that date than the "late April"

Just curious... what is that based upon?

Doju

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
Just curious... what is that based upon?
Nothing but trying to spread fear. Apple has stuck to late April for three months now, and while that may change, there's nothing saying it will.

Remember, people were mumbling about a delay on the WiFi model for awhile. Didn't happen.

Nash Bridges

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2010
San Francisco
If both versions are going to be released in other parts of the world on the 24th, then you can say that it is a very safe bet that the 3Gs will be in the hands of US consumers by then as well.

Hmac

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2007
Midwest USA
With all of the rampant rumors about all things iPad, I haven't heard any about slipping ship dates for the 3G. My suspicion is that it's still on track for "late April". I don't know what that means, but I guess I've always thought of that as being last week in April. It's kind of what I had in mind when I ordered and I haven't seen anything that makes me think any different. April 24th is the date for international release for both wifi and 3G, and that date hasn't slipped either...seems like as good a date as any to expect it here in the US too.

hamlinspahn

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2010
Oklahoma City
Late April?

Well the target date is the 24th on the 19th start checking your credit card or bank card and see if it has been posted, not held, but posted. It will show up in 3-4 days after that. I think this will be the first indicator Apple gives. And I'm sure someone will post within minutes of it happening to them.

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
I've been watching all the videos, reviews, and excitement from iPad WiFi owners and am so anxious to get my hands on my own. I place the order for an iPad 3G within a couple of hours on the 1st day, and am curious about the actual ship date.

Most places say "late April" but what does that mean? Next week will be the 18-23rd. Many people would consider that late April. Or does it mean sometime the following week, 24 April through 1 May? Should it be safe to assume the 3G will be delivered and in our hands by 31 April?

when it ships...

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
I'm sorry I had to run out and just got back.

People asked what I based my May 15th date on, and to be absolutely truthful, it is a WAG only. I based it on nothing. I only figured that if I put a date like that on it that come the middle of April such as we are fast approaching, I would not get antsy because I had originally figured on a later date anyway.

If on the other hand it comes in "late April" then I would be pleasantly surprised. However as days go by without any announcement of any kind it seems to me that some May date may be more realistic. They seem to make shipping announcements on Fridays or Mondays with shipping dates at least 2 weeks in the future. That means if they make an announcement this coming Friday, and assuming we will get them on Saturday like the WiFi only people did, then the date we would get them would be May first. As days go by that date comes later and later in May.

I base all this on conjectured WAGs only. I am not a professional do not try this at home.

JBmac

macrumors member
May 19, 2008
Eastern, PA
After the Quarterly conference call

Soon after the Quarterly conference call...I notice they like to plan things after the quarter ends, and after the conference call.

rdstoll

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2008
Ah yes, I'm glad this question was asked. As it turns out I have exactly the information you need. My sources from across the industry - from China to America - tell me that the iPad 3G will be shipped out from China at exactly noon on Monday April 19 Beijing time. This equates to exactly midnight New York time, meaning that the first ones will be delivered to San Fran customers sometime on Tuesday with the rest making it to the East Coast by Weds and Thurs.

The Apple store will show these items as shipped with tracking numbers by the time America wakes up to go to work on Monday morning. It will be a glorious day for all, indeed.

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Well I doubt it will come on April 31st since that date does not exist. Sorry I could not resist. On the upside, in my opinion Late April will be 26th to April 30th. My guess which is not official is shipped on the 27th, because it is after the 14 day waiting period for returning the Wi-Fi Models and it is closer to the End of April. But unfortunately it could be in first week in May before we see any shipments. I hope that is not the case as I have one on order as well.

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
Ah yes, I'm glad this question was asked. As it turns out I have exactly the information you need. My sources from across the industry - from China to America - tell me that the iPad 3G will be shipped out from China at exactly noon on Monday April 19 Beijing time. This equates to exactly midnight New York time, meaning that the first ones will be delivered to San Fran customers sometime on Tuesday with the rest making it to the East Coast by Weds and Thurs.

The Apple store will show these items as shipped with tracking numbers by the time America wakes up to go to work on Monday morning. It will be a glorious day for all, indeed.

And Do you also sell Swamp Land from Florida to Everyone as well? :D

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
Now I only have 2 things left on my Apple Order and they are:
iPad 64 GB Wi-Fi+3G
Power Cord 6 Feet extension

They both stated Late April. The power cord just tonight went into
Prepared for Shipment Mode. That is a good indication I would say.
Maybe on the 19th after the 2 week return period if up on the 17th then
we may see some Prepared for Shipping notices for our 3G iPads.

What do you think?

CarboysDesire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
Las Vegas
Now I only have 2 things left on my Apple Order and they are:
iPad 64 GB Wi-Fi+3G
Power Cord 6 Feet extension

They both stated Late April. The power cord just tonight went into
Prepared for Shipment Mode. That is a good indication I would say.
Maybe on the 19th after the 2 week return period if up on the 17th then
we may see some Prepared for Shipping notices for our 3G iPads.

What do you think?

My order is identical to yours, at this point. The status is identical as well. I don't know what it means except that "late April" is getting closer day-by-day, so that's a good thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.