Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
True, atelast give people a heads up that the White version wont be available to pre order on the 15th so people who are ready to sell their 3GS wont be without a phone for gosh knows how long

Now, I'm just as upset as everyone else here for not having the white phone available, but it was YOUR decision to sell your phone. The smart thing you could have done was kept your phone in case something like this happens. We're not entitled to it being available for us whenever we want it, but it isn't Apple's fault you're about to sell your phone.

BL.

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
Now, I'm just as upset as everyone else here for not having the white phone available, but it was YOUR decision to sell your phone. The smart thing you could have done was kept your phone in case something like this happens. We're not entitled to it being available for us whenever we want it, but it isn't Apple's fault you're about to sell your phone.

BL.

So you won't be at the protest down in cupertino tommorow?

Eso

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2008
Isnt it possible that apple will start the white pre orders later in the day to help with the strain on the servers?

That would just make it worse for all the people who wanted white but went ahead and pre-ordered black instead. Oh, how I'd love to see this place then!

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
So you won't be at the protest down in cupertino tommorow?

No. I'm upset, but it isn't the end of the world. I didn't sell my iPhone 3G, so I'm still good..

.. though Cupertino is only a 2 hour drive for me. I just might, just to see what's left of 1 Infinite Loop..

BL.

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
They could've just said at WWDC, "White will be available later this summer." That's all I would've asked.

I don't want black. If I'm putting down $300 + a two year contract, I want the damn color I asked for.

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2006
San Jose, California
+1
:mad:

And to the people (who obviously never cared about ordering white anyway) who keep saying we can order white later this summer... BS. That has not been confirmed officially! Besides, that is not the point! The white iPhone is in a TON of photos from the press who attended WWDC, and we were told it would be available in two colors, available for pre-order on June 15th. They f'd up, and that's the point. They are going to have some disappointed people, and will have to deal with us!

ilifecomputer

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2005
CA
Hoping they're just not sure about numbers and there are whites at the store. I want white, preordered black anyways, and will see what news develops in the meantime and whether i can pick up a white on release day or not.

splashnader

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2008
Via Satellite
New ad:

4702348149_b18c614000_b.jpg

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
This makes it quite difficult for people who sold their previous models based on the expectation Apple gave for the phone to be available. Last minute changes like this aren't very ethical.

anjinha

macrumors 604
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
It's not only pre-orders it's for launch day as well. According to the article, white won't be available until later this summer, and we all know how long MMS took until "later last summer"

MMS had nothing to do with Apple, that was AT&T's issue. Everywhere else in the world MMS was available as soon as 3.0 was out.

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2008
They obviously aren't ready - not enough in stock.
If you're lucky, they will be ready before the 24th of June and it won't be a problem. Otherwise, possibly sometime in July, when the iPhone will be available in more countries. Don't take my word, though, I don't have a crystal ball.

Not worth a new thread, though. A reply to the news item would do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.