Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benixau

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
i will try that HITtoolbox trick again Apple][Forever.

@beatle888:
The problem is that pics and mp3s are no the prblem. It is iMovie + iDVD movies. I do a few of these and need these files. I keep them all in my home directory. And, i have about 10 .toast files + a few Audio CDs. I am an audio engineer who does a lot of shows. I keep a copy of the cd(s) used for backup purposes (it is legal).

I cannot afford to loose these. that is why i am getting hopeful with the help Apple][Forever is providing. Thanx anyway for your help.

benixau

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
still dont work. I know there has to be a fix. Can anyone with a 10.2.3 machine please send me (via email) the file that i need. I have tried a 10.2.4 machine (that has the buttons) but no such luck.

thanx so far. maybe i should whinge to apple australia and see what happens.

beatle888

macrumors 68000
Feb 3, 2002
ok well good luck. i was just under the impression that if you did an archive and install you wouldnt lose your documents/personal files.

i thought you could just install right over your existing os leaving your audio, video and all your other files untouched. i guess im wrong.

benixau

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
@beatle888:
that is the way it works. i just dont have the disk space for it to archive my data. Thats all.

Anyways, i think i am going to need good luck. thanx

beatle888

macrumors 68000
Feb 3, 2002
well thats why i said i would back up just a few random files....like four cd's worth....to Make Room.

anyway. i could be wrong. take care. im sure someone else here more qualified can help you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.