Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ohcrap

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2005
I love my MM. Used for hours everday for the past month or so with no problems whatsoever. :D

RobHague

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2005
Yeah a graphics tablet might be an option i will consider in the future, I can't seem to quite get the same 'accuracy' in photoshop with the Mac + Mouse than i did in Windows. It's REALLY slow when you move it gently and then jumps to lightspeed when you dont want it too. Make editing (and working on zoomed in pixles) difficult.

blackpeter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2001
iGary said:
Wow, what a totally useless post.

Someone sure does sound like a Grumpy Gus.

Judging from a signature that includes a number of expensive Apple goodies, I can understand how blowing $50 on a mouse is no biggie. I, for one, am thankful for real world opinions on a new Apple product.

Useful post. Thanks!

camomac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
Left Coast
Lacero said:
The best mouse I'm currently using is a Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 optical mouse. It's slender, sleek and very lightweight. I tried in earnest to use the Apple supplied mouse, but after a week, I gave up on it.

Apple makes some of the worst mouse products on the market. (excluding cheap OEM brands)

what a useless post. NO just kidding (man what a way to start a discussion),
i completely agree i also use the microsoft intelli 3.0, best mouse i have ever used!

and my apple mouse still sits in its original plastic wrapper in the G5 box!

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
So after a week or so with the Mighy Mouse, I've swapped it for the MS Notebook mouse I had, it fits my hands better. The MMouse looks great. However I was having trouble right-clicking, I also kept nudging webpages back n' forth with the multi-directional nipple - which is too small for me. The side buttons need to be further forward for me as well.

Only problem now, is that since the MS Mouse is easier to use, my wife's started using the iMac! :eek:

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
Chip NoVaMac said:
I am about to give up on the wireless mouse from Apple. I get only about 2 to 3 weeks on a set of batteries. :eek:

Have you tried Lithium AA batteries instead??? They last much much longer, although its probably an extra $3 for a pack of 4.

shuurajou

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2005
Bristol, England.
rdowns said:
I second that.

I don't third it. It's important to know of bad things - alot of apple butt kissing goes on in these forums, I think it does us all good to know of problems people have experienced with products as to look out for them ourselves.

As a sufferer of RSI - it's all well and nice that all these apple products are 'simplistic' and look nice - but what good does it do when they are ergonomically dreadful and excessive use will lead to permanent damage to your body. Come on Apple - how about some ergonomic mice & keyboards?

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
I like the MM, actually, BUT I've had THREE. One won't scroll correctly, but I did see a post on getting cleaned properly. Anyway, tactilly it's perfection. It just doesn't feel like those feature-rich behemoths out there. That being said, the Logitec IS pretty swwet.
lk

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
quigleybc said:
Hey...

you brought back my old rant.....

As an update, after wiping the scroll ball rigorously on a wet cloth, and really digging into the scroll ball, it works again.

So, for now, no butt kissing is neccessary.

:)

I found that on my mighty mouse, that taking compressed air and blowing on the ball with the mouse upside down did the trick.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
I am very happy with my MM -- bought it almost straightaway after I got my iMac, since that was several months ago when Apple was still providing the traditional single-button mouse with their machines. One night with the one-button mouse was enough, thank you very much, as I've been a right-clicker for waaaay too long to give up that habit now. Bought the MM and have been happy as a clam ever since. I'll be even happier when Apple issues a BT version, though....

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
i like it except for the fact that it occasionally (and randomly) darts to the corners (and activates my hot corners) and it doesn't seem to have a very high DPI sensitivity - i'm picky... i want *that* pixel... right..there. :D

echeck

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
quigleybc said:
As an update, after wiping the scroll ball rigorously on a wet cloth, and really digging into the scroll ball, it works again.

So, for now, no butt kissing is neccessary.

:)
Perhaps next time you should try to find the proper way to clean your product before you go off on it?

I've had my Mighty Mouse since it came out and I absolutely love it. Sometimes the ball does get dirty and has issues scrolling down, but a quick cleaning and it's good to go again. I've had to clean scroll wheels before so it's no big deal. At least it's not a ball mouse, now those things were awful! :eek:

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
iBlue said:
i like it except for the fact that it occasionally (and randomly) darts to the corners (and activates my hot corners) and it doesn't seem to have a very high DPI sensitivity - i'm picky... i want *that* pixel... right..there. :D

The only issue I have had is that the MM does not scroll in certain directions at times. Cleaning the ball seems to have made a difference until late. That is where the compressed air solution worked for me.

Sayhey

macrumors 68000
May 22, 2003
San Francisco
Why would you say such a thing about MM? :eek: Come on Sing along!

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 91
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.