Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

obeisance

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2011
Seattle, WA
I actually prefer the design of SGP's carbon fiber skin. I don't need the skin to wrap around the edges since I just want the back protected and have a little more grip. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's not available without the apple logo cutout. I'd rather have the entire back covered and I'm waiting on an email reply to see if they'll offer it that way.

If not, I might end up getting one from Slickwraps and doing a little X-Acto knife surgery on it.

chenry

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2011
Installed the iCarbon black skin for mine and my wife's iPad 2's. Fitted mine first, could've done a little better with a couple of the corners, but managed to do a lot better with the wife's. Both look great.

Would like to thank iCarbon for their customer support whilst I'm here. They shipped a set out using standard mail when I requested Express to the UK. They then sent out a second set Express when I contacted them, refunded my postage and told me to keep both sets!

Very impressed both with the quality of the product and the service and have now ordered both black and white skins for our MBA's.

- Colin

Blinded

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2009
Would like to thank iCarbon for their customer support whilst I'm here. Very impressed both with the quality of the product and the service.

I'd like to echo this sentiment, iCarbons customer service is outstanding. Their communication and willingness to help me out with an issue I was having, no fault of theirs, was actually beyond what I expected. It's the gestures of kindness that I come across on the day to day that tend to leave a lasting impression with me. I'll definitely send more business their way, just wanted to add a kind word about their customer service. Great, solid product as well.

Phillyfan1290

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
Just received my 2nd icarbons, I messed up the install on the first one. They offered for me to come there and one of them could install it since im about an hour away, or they could send one out for free. Since work has been busy just had them send it out. I was expecting to pay shipping but bruce at said no! Very impressed !!

danwestbrook

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2007
Surrey, UK
Just got my icarbon black back in the UK yesterday ordered it on the 13/4 and came yesterday, not bad shipping time from US to UK seeing as there was the bank holiday w/e as well. all i need now is my ipad 2

maclaptop

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2011
Western Hemisphere
I don't understand why the heavily overexposed "carbon look" remains popular.

Especially on tech products.

Race cars / boats / planes ok , but tech items? Tacky!

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
I don't understand why the heavily overexposed "carbon look" remains popular.

Especially on tech products.

Race cars / boats / planes ok , but tech items? Tacky!

I think it's because most race cars and planes are equated with high tech...or seem that way..and now it has caught on....I love it, but cannot tel you why I think it looks nice...there is one thing traveling around on the high end BMW and benz circuit - called "Black ceramic" - hard to explain but really looks neat on controls....

applefanatic32

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2011
California
BodyGuardz Has Done Well For Me

I have used BodyGuardz products for a long time now and just got the Carbon Fiber Skin for my iPad 2 from them. While I have not tried the iCarbon skin that everyone is talking about, I am pleased with my BodyGuardz skin.

My skin was extremely easy to apply and is holding up pretty well after a few weeks of A LOT OF USE! HEE HEE!

I am posting this picture to show those of you that are not familiar with BodyGuardz how it looks when applied to the iPad 2:
bodyguardz-armor-carbon-fiber-ipad-skin-2.jpg

PM me if you have any questions about this product :)

Last edited by a moderator:

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
If you can possibly do it - get a heat gun - not a hair dryer. It gives it a shot of high heat for about a second - let the corner hang down as you hold the pad vertical - once you see it go limp - use the thumb to roll the corner - works 100% perfect every time...

simply stunning

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2010
My icarbons came in!

I just got my carbon skin in today, and also my Juice sticker! I have gone through 3 cases before I finally figured out that I don't like thick cases. This skin is perfect!!!

5692072704_d0c96668d1.jpg

Last edited:

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
I received the light wood grain skin last Wednesday, but only got around to putting it on today. It looks great. I had a problem with one of the corners when I slipped and it folded back on itself. I thought it was ruined, but I heated it carefully and used my pocket knife to slowly work it back out straight, then put it down in place.

Everything worked great, the overlap problem at the corners took a little reheating and slow and careful smoothing but eventually they all smoothed out.

I took it this afternoon and showed it to the guys at Best Buy and one kept showing it to people saying it was the new wooden iPad. Some people almost believed him until they took a closer look. :D

diegodora

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2011
I've been drooling over the great skins you guys have been posting on here so I decided to take the leap and try it out. I ordered them from here. The smart cover and back skins are called Silver Brushed Aluminum and the 3G antenna and apple logo skins are called Anthracite Silver Brushed Aluminum.

Sorry the photos are so big, I couldn't figure out how to post thumbnails.

IMG_4052.jpg

IMG_4049.jpg

IMG_4059.jpg

Last edited:

aihna

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2011
I didn't think the corner coverage was all that great on the iCarbon. The pic I'm attaching is the "wood look" as it was the only picture that really showed how the corners look. I'd wager the carbon fiber would be the same.

cool i like the look i think i should try this one.:cool:

knightskid

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2009
I've been drooling over the great skins you guys have been posting on here so I decided to take the leap and try it out. I ordered them from here. The smart cover and back skins are called Silver Brushed Aluminum and the 3G antenna and apple logo skins are called Anthracite Silver Brushed Aluminum.

Sorry the photos are so big, I couldn't figure out how to post thumbnails.

Hi, you bought 2 pieces and overlap it? Because the ebay seller doesn't has skin to cover the antenna and logo.

diegodora

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2011
Hi, you bought 2 pieces and overlap it? Because the ebay seller doesn't has skin to cover the antenna and logo.

No, they are separate pieces. If you dont see them listed just ask the seller, he has them. Tell him I sent you and you'll be sure to get great service. I got an email notification yesterday that he's currently running a Buy 3 Get 1 Free special.

pchan87

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2011
No, they are separate pieces. If you dont see them listed just ask the seller, he has them. Tell him I sent you and you'll be sure to get great service. I got an email notification yesterday that he's currently running a Buy 3 Get 1 Free special.

damn you just sold me on this, looks fantastic! thanks for sharing

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
No offense but these are getting tackier and tackier!

Still looking for a nice understated sticker solution. The brushed aluminum (back only) is getting close though.

wackoip

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2011
BMW home button

Hey GlenE love that BMW button sticker on the smartcover, fits in so well with icarbons and the cover and looks very cool. Where did you get that button from?

malias4

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2011
Greece and Holland
Hallo everyone, my first post haha, anyway i got the white ipad2 and allready got my icarbon skin in my white ipad! looks awsome i have to say! i ll upload some photoz soon, so now i wonder which smart cover to buy so it fits with white ipad and carbon skin?? should i buy the black leather or maybe the ghrey polly? or maybe an orange one with icarbons skin again?
do the smart covers worth their money after all? bs i see that there is an issue with the screen and lines of dust from the smart cover..
im waitin for ur knowledge mattes :)

blackwind

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2008
Hey GlenE love that BMW button sticker on the smartcover, fits in so well with icarbons and the cover and looks very cool. Where did you get that button from?

If i am not wrong u can get it off ebay, just search for bmw logo button i found afew (due to the policy i cant post link)... I am not sure wether it from the car key's remote, or the shirt button, or cufflink.

I just recieve my carbon skins x 4, i am going to put on my white ipad2 and my black ipad2. I will post up some pics :)

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale

old 7 series key I had and busted open but all my other cases use a stick pin off ebay...clip the stick off

booboobear

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2011
iCarbon back skin and Zagg keyboard?

Hi! New to the forum. Was wondering if anyone has tried to use the back iCarbon (or any other carbon fiber) skin with the Zagg/Logitech bluetooth keyboard/case? I'm just curious whether the tight tolerances will mess with the skin edges, before I invest in this. If there is a problem, I'll just go with some other carbon fiber skin that has less of a side edge, like the SGP, because I REALLY like the Zagg aluminum keyboard/case. Thanks for any advice you can give.

For those who might be interested, the answer is that yes, the iCarbon back skin works great with the Zagg keyboard case. No problems.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.