Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heisetax

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2004
Omaha, NE
A Little Soon For Me

OSX on ARM

Maybe in about 5 more years.

That sounds like a few years too soon to match the full processor. Maybe for iToys or very low end Macs, but for those that need a lot of processing power.

----------

Wanted to go 13” last time around, but the quad-core option kept me at 15”. I’d love to get a 13” quad-core with retina display and 256GB SSD. I’ll order it with the lowest amount of ram possible and then upgrade to 16GB from NewEgg. I hope Apple doesn’t make the new line super-thin and then kill the speed. Most pros want speed over a little more portability. If anything, remove the SuperDrive and Ethernet ports. Maybe even the SD card reader. Most pros would be using CF cards anyway. I know I do, and my USB adapter cost about $10. Or they could go USB 3.0 and nix FW800. But that would be a last resort. Then release a Thunderbolt to FW adapter for those who still need it. Shave those off before speed! But don't forget adapters for legacy users.

With all of these adapters my portable is no longer portable. Laptop 3.5 lbs. Adapters 10.9 lbs.

dksram

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
If Apple makes the MBP MacAir like people will be disappointed. Losing superdrive and firewire is okay but you need thunderbolt, usb 3.0 and an ethernet port.
Ethernet only because even your wireless connections go bad and you sometimes have to plug directly into your internet for diagnostics.

I'm old school I guess. If its not BROKE don't FIX IT.

I love the way my MBP looks and my iPhone. So I don't prefer smaller or thinner if I sacrifice performance.

My MBP has outperformed any windows laptops I've owned...by far

IndustrialSpace

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2009
somewhere
Apple must be really pissed at Intel for the Ivy Bridge delay... it seems the refreshed iMac should've been released by now... well, at least April is around the corner!

anthony11

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2007
Seattle, WA
SD Card Slot
Optical Drive
The SD* slot would have very little value. Maybe twice a year I copy files onto an SD* card for the in-law's photo frame, and I can just use the one in my AIO for that. Optical drive is also roughly as useful in 2012, and I'd be delighted to not have to lug one around.

----------

I sure hope that there will be 13'' Macbook Pro with Quad-Core cuz I want one 13'' for school and Air won't cut it.

I would think that "for school" realistically means browsing the web, sending/reading email, and editing documents. An MBA would be plenty for that, so I suspect that "school" in your context actually means "gaming" and/or penis-size contests.

Tritons

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2011
I would think that "for school" realistically means browsing the web, sending/reading email, and editing documents. An MBA would be plenty for that, so I suspect that "school" in your context actually means "gaming" and/or penis-size contests.

No, not really. Problem is that right now I have hi-end gameing PC that I actually dont use for games but this is my last year so I'll be leaving my home town and I think I need something bit more then just a Air since I'll be leaving my PC behind.
And as funny as it may seem I like MacBook Pro looks better then Air, still I'm probably only one here like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.