Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SMELTN

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2010
You know the flushing cache is a great question. IF you start a stream and don't finish does it store that in cache? Could that be the cause of some people having a high "other" listed on storage space?

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I believe I came across the folder location once for the cache, on a non-jailbroken phone I think you can use 'iFile' or one of those desktop programs to look for the folder and check its contents.

You can also install emulators (Provenance) this way on non-jailbroken iOS 8.1, at iemulators.com. I am guessing they use the same method to install, there's a note at the home page talking about it, and that this method may not last forever (I guess Apple may be able to block it somehow post-install?)

Last edited:

Simacca

macrumors 65816
Jul 31, 2008
UK, South East.
I believe I came across the folder location once for the cache, on a non-jailbroken phone I think you can use 'iFile' or one of those desktop programs to look for the folder and check its contents.

You can also install emulators (Provenance) this way on non-jailbroken iOS 8.1, at iemulators.com. I am guessing they use the same method to install, there's a note at the home page talking about it, and that this method may not last forever (I guess Apple may be able to block it somehow post-install?)

Thanks for the emulators tip :)

EltonT

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2010
Why does the app constantly switch out to random apps in the app store... This is totally unusable.

Bluemeanie1976

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2009
Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria
Not doing that here. Just sits there with small banner ad on the bottom. Behaved impeccably since downloading.

Only issue was John Carter was some bloody teen movie instead.

Shoot me, I like John Carter.

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
I would like confirmation of this too, too many conflicting information.

I prefer to stream rather than download but would still like an answer on whether the movie is being cached:confused:

p.s movies play fine on my iPhone 6, even on cellular (three) but I found the iPad app was slow and kept buffering (Sky Broadband via VPN).

Could be your VPN that's causing a slow connection, especially if it's a free one.

Simacca

macrumors 65816
Jul 31, 2008
UK, South East.
Why does the app constantly switch out to random apps in the app store... This is totally unusable.

I get this now and again. Its a part of the inbuilt advertising for the app. I just swipe back to the app when it happens. Also this doesn't happen to me when I'm watching a movie.

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
I upgraded to the Air 2 and this didn't restore from backup, of course.
But now neither link is working for me.
Is there another update?

MarcusCarpenter

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2013
London
Apple closed the certificate? -just a guess, I think something like this happened before. Nothing working now, not even opening on a device that already had it installed ( iOS 8.1 moviebox 3.1 build 3 )

JobsGang

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2013
Apple closed the certificate? -just a guess, I think something like this happened before. Nothing working now, not even opening on a device that already had it installed ( iOS 8.1 moviebox 3.1 build 3 )

Weird. I can't get it to open on iPhone 6 but it still works on iPad 3.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Any other similar apps out there? This one seems so slow for me. The movies take a long time loading even though I have a 250mbps line
There are other apps that use this method. This emthod in theory can work w any app that stays on a boxed in state and doesn't modify anything. You might have a fast line but your ISP is blocked access to the app addressees. So yeah fast line but no freedom for you ;) My apt has a 4MB line and can start a mvoie in a min in HD using the app. at my mothers house w a 10MB line it takes a few seconds. Slower but open highway :)

I would like confirmation of this too, too many conflicting information.

I prefer to stream rather than download but would still like an answer on whether the movie is being cached:confused:

p.s movies play fine on my iPhone 6, even on cellular (three) but I found the iPad app was slow and kept buffering (Sky Broadband via VPN).

Well it HAS to cache somewhere, there is no way around it. It deletes the cache almost instantly IMO. No issues w the app since it came out originally for me and no eating of space.

Jon347

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2012
SoCal
app wont install on my 6 plus on 8.1 it worked before. anyone know why it cant install? thanks

SMELTN

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2010
I had to restore my iPad Air to factory 8.1 just 2 days ago. I reinstalled everything including Moviebox (3.1 from pyger) and it worked fine.
I then jailbroke my iPad Air and moviebox still works just fine.

My sons iPad Mini 1 was still running 7.1 to keep the jailbreak, but since the pangu jailbreak seems to be stable now, we went ahead and updated his Mini to 8.1, then jailbroke it. He then came to me AFTER the fact and said we forgot to put Moviebox on it, so I figured instead of trying to remember the moviebox repo and install it I would just see if it worked using the same unjailbroken method and it did.

No issues. Both jailbroken and unjailbroken

e270889o

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2012
Cant install on Ipad Air.

First try start to download but fail. If i try again, i get the install message question. Click install but nothing happens

Mufaddal

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2012
Chicago
Mine stopped working as well a couple of days ago. Prior to that was working great.

iPhone 6, 8.1, no jailbreak

OutSpoken

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
UK
Well this is weird, how comes its working for some and not others?!?. Do we have to do a date trick again maybe ?

Klatti

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2012
Germany
Yep, stopped working for me on my iPhone 6 with 8.1. It opens and immediately crashes.
Lucky I still got 7.1 on my iPad and it runs without any problem on it :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.