Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rsxmachine

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2007
I'd be cautious about installing any apps from the pgyer.com website. Some users in the WhatsApp beta thread who downloaded from that site suspect that the app may contain the WireLurker malware as it uses an unknown enterprise provisioning profile. Not sure if this is true about the MovieBox app downloaded from there, but exercise caution peeps.

I agree this is risky, potentially more risky that just jailbreaking and using Cydia since the sources are known. I have uninstalled and removed provisioning profiles using Xcode.

Simacca

macrumors 65816
Jul 31, 2008
UK, South East.
I'd be cautious about installing any apps from the pgyer.com website. Some users in the WhatsApp beta thread who downloaded from that site suspect that the app may contain the WireLurker malware as it uses an unknown enterprise provisioning profile. Not sure if this is true about the MovieBox app downloaded from there, but exercise caution peeps.

Luckily I don't have a MacBook to connect my iPad up to. I use windows pc and that doesn't seem to be a problem for wirelurker.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

J4mess

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2014
Does anyone know the contact details for the developer?

the ads are annoying and download is painfully slow

often failing during download and if you switch from mobile to wifi it cancels the download

the turbo button doesn't toggle on 3.1

would be nice to download a whole season at once rather than individually

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Coming from android I was psyched to find something to fill in for Showbox.

Not sure I should trust this source though...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 303

Timmeh8604

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2014
Has anyone been able to locate the new folder where all downloads are saved? The file location for movie box has changed or is hidden. I can't find it in iFunbox or idols on my phone. The artworks folder is gone.

solosdk

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2013

A user also did a test to find the Wirelurker malware. He installed an official beta app and also a pgyer beta app (both the same - Whatsapp).

He found no traces of the Wirelurker malware on both devices.

Saif23

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
http://www.pgyer.com/moviebox32, Movie Box Works Fine For Me On iOS 8.1.1. If You're Having Problems Then They Should Release A New Build, Maybe Email Them.

Odezzy

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2014
Movie box is down again. This app is to unstable. Does anyone know a permenate fix?

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Yes now broken on 8.1.1 awaiting update

It broke for me before updating to 8.1.1

It did the launch and instantly close thing on both my iPhone and iPad.
I just deleted the app until it gets straightened out.

Tonyhaz

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2014
IPhone 4s & ipad 2

I updated to. 8.1.1 as it was for my devices.
But my movie box stopped working the day before I upgraded, I had same problem last week but I did the link posted on here and it worked, but only for a week, was just getting into a tv show, so annoying, inusedt o have cartoon HD but that died ages ago, can't wait for a fix for moviebox it's such a great app, I'm lost with out it :(

Wish I had a back up app or site with all the tv shows on

Saif23

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
I Updated To iOS 8.1.1 Yesterday & Movie Box Was Working Fine But Then Today. When I Open It, It Keeps Crashing. Wtf, I Need Movie Box :(. Please Release An Update

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
Im assuming the backdoor install of the app is whats causing it to stop working. I'm not having any issues at all with streaming or downloading with the app installed via Zeusmos.

Tonyhaz

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2014
Is there another app like it , been looking for showbox app for iPad but not having any luck, somone must know of another app ?

I have a old iPod touch but can't get it on that :-(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.