Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gamestriker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 18, 2004
I upgraded to iTunes 5 today, and now all my podcasts are mixed in with my music when I look in the Library. I hate it. With a passion. Is there anyway to fix this?

Arcus

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2004
of my hand will get me slapped.
gamestriker said:
I upgraded to iTunes 5 today, and now all my podcasts are mixed in with my music when I look in the Library. I hate it. With a passion. Is there anyway to fix this?

Yes, this totally sucks. When I shuffle my music I get a podcast. What the heel were they thinking.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
Glad I did not upgrade yet because of external burner paranoia.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
all of my podcasts are automatically checked as "skip while shuffling" under options, so they don't come up, and i am not sure why they are now in the library either, i preferred them separate.

Superdrive

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2003
Dallas, Tx
I hate this with a passion as well. I submitted this as a bug report because who in the hell would want a 60 minute podcast included with their 4 and 5 minute songs? My temporary fix is to go to the Edit->Show search bar. Then click music. One would imagine that it would be the solution, but any time you leave to another window (like the music store) it defaults back to all.

Let's hope they fix it in 5.0.1. I also hope my temp fix brings some relief to you.
-t

Arcus

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2004
of my hand will get me slapped.
Superdrive said:
I hate this with a passion as well. I submitted this as a bug report because who in the hell would want a 60 minute podcast included with their 4 and 5 minute songs? My temporary fix is to go to the Edit->Show search bar. Then click music. One would imagine that it would be the solution, but any time you leave to another window (like the music store) it defaults back to all.

Let's hope they fix it in 5.0.1. I also hope my temp fix brings some relief to you.
-t

OMG Thank you for temporary relief!!

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
Superdrive said:

-t

Thank you so much for something to temporarily fix it. This was really pissing the hell out of me because I'd have my music on shuffle then a damn podcast would come on.

gamestriker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 18, 2004
I have already grown accustomed to the search bar. Its a nice feature that was given me relief (albeit temporary) for this issue.

gorkonapple

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2004
Columbus, OH
Superdrive said:

-t

Um. I do. I LIKE having podcasts show up in my playlists or at least the ability to have them. Just go down your lists and add is not podcast to each one. Now the podcats are gone. I like iTunes 5, but I wonder if it was a bit rushed. I have noticed with my shuffle, it works well, BUT an I am not sure if this is a shuffle issue or a iTunes issue, but I will be listening along and all of a sudden the song or podcast skips a couple seconds. Then I try to hit the rewind and it will not go back past the screw up. I guess this could be a bug in how iTunes transfers music to it. Weird. I am still going to the Apple store to complain tomorrow since their trick did not work either (and I did not think of restoring it to factory setting :rolleyes: ..).

asiayeah

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2004
gamestriker said:

Here's a possible work-around by simply creating a smart list with its criterion to exclude podcast.

I have also set my shuffle to get music from that smartlist, so that podcast won't be loaded into it automatically.

Regards,
Tony Cheung

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
The setup in 4.9 was completely broken, because there was no way to get podcasts downloaded with a full-featured client into the kludged-on podcast database they added. Now everything works the way it used to again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.