Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Airsculpture

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2020
I'm guessing it only works with the "Music" app ?

Tried with both iTunes and Colibri and the indicated sample rate does not change. If I use Colibri on it's own, Colibri will output switch to whatever the source file is.

Not a major issue as I can manually switch with Dacorum or just leave it constant and needlessly upsample to a fixed 24/96 output. The iMac is way down on the list of sources I use regularly anyway. I tend to use my iBasso DX320 mainly and CD or Home Sharing on AppleTV secondly.

Thanks for the replies.

Last edited:

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
All my music library. I like to keep my Apple cloud library downloaded, and lossless switcher does not work.
I’m not sure how large your library is, mine is huuuuuge, and I’ve always kept everything downloaded. Maybe try removing downloads for the specific tracks, and then wait a couple minutes before relaxing in the Music app. Then try downloading again.

vddobrev

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2016
Haskovo, Bulgaria
Thanks to everyone that contributed to my queries. I am leaving Apple Music as it cannot properly play lossless tracks to my receiver - workarounds, issues, etc.
I got Roon and Qobuz, couldn't be happier.

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
I cant bring myself to downgrade to Qobuz just yet, maybe if Apple really breaks something or my library gets destroyed (knock on wood)

vddobrev

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2016
Haskovo, Bulgaria
For me Qobuz is an upgrade. I like owning music, and Qobuz allows me to buy Hi-Res music. I subscribed for Sublime to get best discount on purchases.
With Apple, all you can buy is 256kbps AAC.

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
For me its about building a robust library, dont care much for owning digital files as long as i have access to everything I need (and local rips can take care of the rest)

Klschmann

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2020
Washington, DC
Just updated to the most recent public version of Ventura and the issue with the last song not incrementing play counts on albums and playlists persists. This is for locally stored media.

I know this is a small issue in the grand scheme of things but I hate having to resort to weird workarounds for something so basic that has worked for years and I listen to tons of music on my Mac. Any hope at all this gets fixed?

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Seems to me, for the last two RC’s and the prior couple releases, the escape key no longer brings the Music app out of Fullscreen Mode. I’m also finding that if I click the top left Green icon to move out of Fullscreen Mode, after a moment, I get the popover text about going Fullscreen or not, as if the key is sticking or I’m long pressing it. Just keeps going downhill.

Reactions: vddobrev

mirkomen77

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2021
Hi All,

I just got a brand new M2 MacBook Pro and I am using the Music app version 1.3.5.8

The single song volume adjustment does not work, I can slide from -100% to +100% and it makes no difference at all.

It works fine on my old Mac (Intel).

I double-checked the file permissions on my local mp3 files, and all is good.
I am not using AirPlay.
I am able to edit and save tags via the Music app, however, the volume adjustments do not stick. (they do nothing anyway).

I already did all the obvious like updating to the latest and rebooting and all that.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 14.50.31.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 14.50.31.png
    102.3 KB · Views: 72

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
Hi All,

I just got a brand new M2 MacBook Pro and I am using the Music app version 1.3.5.8

The single song volume adjustment does not work, I can slide from -100% to +100% and it makes no difference at all.

It works fine on my old Mac (Intel).

I double-checked the file permissions on my local mp3 files, and all is good.
I am not using AirPlay.
I am able to edit and save tags via the Music app, however, the volume adjustments do not stick. (they do nothing anyway).

I already did all the obvious like updating to the latest and rebooting and all that.

Any suggestions?

I think it only works on local files

Did a test and an Apple Music track didnt work, but on an ALAC album I uploaded from a CD rip, it works

mirkomen77

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2021
I think it only works on local files

Did a test and an Apple Music track didnt work, but on an ALAC album I uploaded from a CD rip, it works
I have local mp3 files.

I found out that if I disconnect my Bluetooth headphones it works...

mirkomen77

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2021
I solved my issues

1 - crossfading not working on Bluetooth for local mp3 files
2 - song volume adjustments being ignored

by using iTunes 12.9 via Retroactive.

LOL

Reactions: vddobrev

guyguy17

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2017
I have Apple Music and share it with the family. Each member has their own ID. When I go to AM, on the left side is Playlists. I am trying to keep the Playlist organized by the family members name ie. dad's music or Johns music.

The playlist appears to be growing and I don't know who is creating a new Playlist for a specific artist or band. For example, if Mary (family member) creates a new playlist called Lorde, Pure Heroine then it will show up on the left side on the Playlist. If I right click on that playlist then a menu comes up with other settings that are not helpful.

Obviously, I could ask each family member but it would be helpful if there was an Information setting that would give more details on when and who added the playlist.

lfaa

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2019
I noticed that weird front edge of the white bar in Music. It's version 1.3.6.14 running in 13.5 on 2019 Intel MBpro.
Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 20.42.46.png

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.