Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iOSUser7

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2014
I have never understood why some folks insist that their phone case has a cut out to display the Apple logo on their phone. I buy my cases to protect my phone, not to prove to someone that I own an Iphone.
Lol that's so true, those manufacturers should stop insisting on showing the Apple logo with every ways possible on their cases.

I have seen some beautiful cases that I was about to buy but then I saw the cutout for the Apple logo and I was like nope, I'm not buying this case because of that freakin' ugly cutout. :D

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
if the cab driver opened a door for me, i would marry him ...anyway... phones are consumption devices, arent they? why do you worry about scrathes? i keep mine in a apple lether case just because the phone (6s+) is so ***** slippery.

throAU

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
I have scratches all over both sides of mine, a few dents in the case, etc.

It's a tool to make/receive calls and consume content. It will get battle scars and eventually die.

Stop worrying about it....

edit:
and yes, i like the feel of the phone, i hate the feel of cases. minor scratches don't alter the feel or functionality, so they're irrelevant. i'll get rid of the phone when it breaks or is no longer useful, so resale doesn't mean anything either....

Reactions: BrickbookPro

melman101

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2009
What? Cab driver's fault for opening door, really? Weren't you hanging onto your phone? Was it in your lap?

It was in my lap. Definitely not in my pocket.

I didn't mean to imply I wanted to assign fault to anyone but myself. I should have had it in my pocket.

Siobhan98

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2016
This is the problem with cheap and nasty cases; they collect grit and dust and ruin the back of a good phone. Very few cases actually offer any protection though; aside from things that are scientifically sound (D3O cases for example). A £10 plastic case isn't going to do a thing except scratch up the aluminium.

i got another scratch today, so sad :(

Reactions: melman101

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
i got another scratch today, so sad :(

I was really paranoid about my phone being scratched. I was so careful with my phone , so careful, that I didn't even want to lay it on the table because I didn't want it to get any scratches whatsoever. One afternoon, I got off work and had my gym gear in my car, started changing in the parking garage and left my iPhone on top of my pants and as I was putting everything away , I grab my pants really fast and my phone flew up in the air and fell and got all these knicks and scratches on the screen and bezels. Ever since then, I feel so much better not carring about a device, I toss it , lay anywhere and don't give two s**** anymore

P.s Naked iPhones looks better my phone has developed character lmao

Reactions: Siobhan98 and I7guy

steven_meritt1

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2016
I don't think you can now get rid of these scratches. Get a full body protector like Skinomi or Clear coat and prevent further damage.

Reactions: Siobhan98

PaladinGuy

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
OP, I understand your frustration. My 6S missed my pocket a couple weeks ago getting out of my car. I had it in a sleeve, but it came out just enough for my phone to make contact with the driveway... Made a small chip in the top of my screen! It's pretty small and doesn't affect the visible screen, but it annoys the crap out of me. I had to have my phone exchanged bc of a defect, barely a month ago. So, it kind of felt like damaging a brand new phone.

I'm trying to make myself learn the approach of it just being a phone and that crap happens, regardless of how well you try to take care of it.

Reactions: melman101
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.